Notices

Class of March 2013 part 26

Old 03-31-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Bud, I am so sorry about Ronda. I just searched her name and read her posts. I am so inspired by her story! She stayed so strong and she maintained and embraced her sobriety despite everything she went through.

I am sorry for your loss. xoxo
Old 03-31-2014, 03:57 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Ken, so sorry for your loss, I know how good frineds you were. She had 2 battles to fight, one she won one was just too big. May she rest in peace.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mainza, you of course are welcome here, with open arms, though I wonder if you were looking for the March 14 thread? As today is the last day of March, you may also want to look at the April 14 thread which Dee will be kicking off tomorrow, you could be a real benefit to either class, as I can see you have continued to work towards recovery since you joined SR. Our very own Life will tell you success is getting up one more time than you fall. Please stick around here if you get support from our posts.

Life I love the sound of your fiddle camp, ( did last year when you mentioned it too) what are you doing this week?

Marcher, sounds like you recharged a bit and restored equilibrium yesterday, I do hope this isn't another week from hell for you

Sass, I was fine. I don't think it was so much the walk ( I'm used to walking miles) but the huge lunch followed later by a hot chocolate! Are you thinking of coming to the city anytime soon? I'd love to meet up if you do.

Wehave, how went the speech?

Duff, how are you feeling now? Were you the only one afflicted?

North, how are you? Any sign of spring yet???

Mesoso, how's work? We haven't heard from you for a wee whiley, come touch base honey.

Hi VC, , I'll see you across the boards!! Lol

Shoes, has the power gone to your head yet in the upper echelons of big business??

I have an important morning, I have to do a complex demo tape for the Learning Ally charity I am volunteering with. It usually takes around 2hours and covers a myriad of different recording scenarios such as describing pictures and graphs, pronouncing difficult words etc. so I need to focus really hard! Mid week the offspring arrive so 10 days of trying to entertain a 7 going on 30 year old and a 31 going on 14 year old simultaneously!! Haha

Have a good week all
Old 03-31-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Lol oops I meant to join the 2014 class!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

So sorry, Ken.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Ken

Babs
Old 03-31-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Toots, I'd love to come down to Boston and meet up. It will likely be a little bit since I'm in "showing house h*ll"!

At least I can tell my thyroid is noticeably improving so that's a good thing. One of these years I'm finally going to learn how to relax and take it easy, lol!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Got up at 5 today, I have been awake and productive for 6.5 hours. On drinking/hangover days I am usually just getting up about now.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Sammy (and Mainza)

if you're looking for the March 2014 thread its here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-19.html

D

Last edited by Dee74; 03-31-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Hi Sammy, join in here or with the Marchers of 2014, all Marchers are good marchers. I've had a good recharge weekend, now I'm off to see if I have an eftpos machine. Bills will be paid a few days late this month because there is not much in the account, that shouldn't be a problem as we always pay on time.

I hope you all have a good Muesday, stay strong and stay sober peeps.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I hope everything is back to normal for you soon, Marcher! How is your back?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

hi guys, hope everyone is well.

toots, good luck with all your voiceover work! that sounds cool! you know americans, we like all those lovely uk accents. I read somewhere that we are more likely to buy something if the commercial features a voice from the u.k.

thank you all so much for the good conference vibes. It must have helped. even though the weather suuuucked (rain, high wind, some sleet, super wet ground), I got good evaluations anyway. I did parts of the talk inside, but some of it would have had to be omitted if I couldn't get them outside. so it was awesome that everyone was a good sport and we went out in it.

all three nights there was a LOT of free beer and wine available. that's a first for me at a conference. nature geeks have really low budget conferences, so there usually isn't free anything except included bare bones meals. so for the second, third and fourth time in two weeks I was offered good beer and wine, repeatedly. and I wasn't tempted!

I was resolved to telling my friend/colleague/favorite ex that I don't drink anymore (believe me, she's noticed over the last year+, used to be my drinking buddy). but when she kind of brought it up, we were in the hospitality room with a lot of other colleagues and I would have had to shout "I don't drink anymore, I'm an alcoholic Sue!" so I wimped out. but what struck me, was the fact that while I was stressed about presenting, I didn't want to drink. I was away from home, I was offered good booze, I could have easily "gotten away with it," and I wasn't even tempted. And to think I was tempted at Christmas time when I was home in California and facing the same variables. minus the presentation stress. what a difference a couple months (and in my case a few steps) makes!!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

So happy for you wehav

And I can just imagine that had you yelled that out, the whole room would have gone silent...one of those oops moments.

You are a huge inspiration to me girl. As Amy (Impurrfect) always says, sobriety rocks!!!

Love to all of the Marchers,

V xx
Old 03-31-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

Thanks for all you kind words and thoughts, I really appreciate it.

All day long I felt bad for not spending much time with Ronda recently. I just had a chat with her friend who came here from New York in January just to take care of her. She said that with the infection problems Ronda was having, she needed to be around as much sterile surrounding as possible and with my dealings with the public as well as chemicals from my work it was best that I stayed away. That made me feel better.

I'm sure her services will be up in West Palm Beach, as that's where most of her family is, but there will be a celebration of life down here, somewhere.

We, Great going getting through the conference without being tempted, time really does make it easier.

Marcher, I hope all your phone problems are now fixed.

North, that hubcap thing would never work in Chicago, if we lost one it was customary to just take one that matched off someone else's car! Hope your ribs are feeling better.

Everyone else, Have great night!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I thought about you and Key (Rhonda) all day yesterday Ken.

I am so sorry that you lost your beautiful friend, and I am so sad for her that she lost this battle. She fought so hard.
Her humour and strength was a gift to all of us who were blessed to spend time with her in chat meetings.

No matter what she was dealing with, she had so much love for everyone else.

I pray that her brother will be OK, and that her sister might take something from Rhonda's courage and try to heal herself.
(There may be more siblings; I'm sorry that I don't know).

I am glad she had a wonderful friend in you, and the other friend you mentioned who was there to care for her.

I hope God is taking care of her now.

Love V xx ♥
Old 03-31-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm still sad Budd. I'm so sorry you lost your friend.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Oh man. Really? People in Chicago don't play fair with hubcap spring thaw? Faith in mankind slipped a little again.

Ok, so Toots..and LP...I watched the movie Trainspotting this weekend. I will be honest, I could only catch about every 6th word.

Yes. My head is swelling with ego being a master of big business and commerce. Hahaha. It's still a nut factory there but at least I'm trying to not be collateral damage. Jeez, I've never seen a place run with so many processes where it doesn't matter and so little where it counts. All I can saw is wow. Seriously. I had the office manager tell me to make sure I take the staple out of papers before I give to the administrative people because they can't scan the documents if they are stapled.

I tasked the accounting manager to order them all a staple remover from Office Depot. That was easy.

xoxo
Old 03-31-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi Sammy and Mainza!
You are more than welcome to be a Marcher here too. Or an April. Best thing I ever did was join a class at the beginning. A huge help going through the first part with people feeling about the same way I did. A lot of up and down.

But don't give up! Stick it out and blab it all out and let people help you.

There is life after drinking. And a pretty good one at that too.
xoxo
Old 04-01-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Ken, my sincere condolences. Worrying and dwelling over guilt that you didn't spend enough time with her will never bring her back. It was obvious you had a strong bond, I haven't read back but from memories of her earlier messages, I don't imagine she would take one grievance or regret to her grave......other than perhaps she wasn't spared long enough to offer more of the sound advice and input she added to SR. May she RIP.

Much love.

LP x
Old 04-01-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Not much sign of autumn here yet, it's still very balmy and humid even though April has arrived. Yesterday I got my cordless eftpos machine so that was progress but still no sign of our phone line coming back. Telstra cares so much they have recorded messages ringing me up instead of real people!

I hope that you are all well and that you northerners are enjoying the early spring.

Have a good day peeps.