Notices

Class of March 2013 part 26

Old 03-29-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Digdug, congrats on one year sober!!!! You are amazing and awesome! I'm soo glad you got your butt on here right out of rehab and joined the marchers. We are lucky to have you and I'm so happy you are here!

Hi guys sorry not posting, I'm at a conference. A conference full of free beer in the evenings. A conference I'm having a great time at even though there's free beer in the evenings. The beauty of the free beer is I don't want any of it! Wooohoooo, the obsession has been lifted!

I want to catch up with you all very soon. And I'm gonna kinda apologize in advance here for asking something of you all without giving jack in return at the moment... I am presenting at this conference in about an hour (3:30 eastern standard). Can I pleeesSe have some good vibes/ mojo from you guys? This always makes me nervous, which is part of why I do it. Strange, I know. But nevertheless... Off to put on my big girl uniform! (The one I iron)
Old 03-29-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good mojo and sweet smelling incense are fragranting their way to you now We!!

Pretty normal to be a little anxious before a presentation. Even more normal....not having a hangover or a snort before going on. Priceless.

Go get 'em Tiger!!
Old 03-29-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hahahahaha. The hubcaps. The first sign of spring in the Midwest. I forgot about that. That made me laugh North. I always love how everyone lines them up so you can find your lost one. Kind of very nice thing to do. And no one really has to tell anyone to do it. Restores my faith in mankind.

Thanks for the chuckle North.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers,

Guess I'm too late to send you good vibes wehav, but I hope your presentation went well.

That hubcap thing is awesome North; I'm still a little confused as to why people lose them. Does it have to do with the snow? Bad conditions? And I actually need one myself.

I guess a lot of us here have lost parents...I know it has to happen eventually, but yes, 15 is very young. That must have been very hard North. (((hugs)))

Bud, that's pretty special that you and your brother supported each other when your dad was so ill. Honestly? My sisters are nice to me, but they don't share in looking after dad much. This might sound petty, but as of 5pm yesterday, neither of them had even picked up the phone to call him. Am I angry? Not really, just mystified.

I have never in my life baked anything Gilmer, although my mum was legendary. She made cheesecakes and apple strudels for countless functions for many years. I'm sure your cake was delicious. ♥

I love your avatar shoes....even though you aren't wearing any.

Love to everyone,

V xx
Old 03-29-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, I was feeling fine earlier, but I think I overdid things and got home with an upset tum and headache, so just taking it easy at the moment. We went for a long walk around boston, deciding half way to go visit the USS Constitution, so we walked around the bay across the bridge, and just as we go to the ship, we saw a sign, photo ID necessary. I didn't bring any out - I rarely do, we never need ID at home, once you look over 21 you never get asked for it anywhere. So we turned around, found an old pub and went in for a late lunch. A gorgeous burger. We watched some fool spending 15 minutes trying to parallel park, which was entertaining, watched the Bruins win the ice hockey, and the regional league? ( don't shoot, I'm trying) and hubby had a few beers. We jumped a T back as it has been raining, and are now chilling.

North how are the ribs hon? I never heard of the hub cap thing? Sounds pretty cool though,

Wehave, I too was too late to send vibes, but I know you didn't need them!

Love to all of you for now x
Old 03-29-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Toots, I am beyond impressed with your new home town sports knowledge! Hockey is FUN. Rest up and take it easy.

This is the 3rd time in my life that I've had the flu and it's awful - really knocks you out. But I am on the mend!

Marcher, I wish you could make me chicky soup too! But vegemite?? Oh my goodness...

We, I hope you're presentation went well! I know you rocked it

Ok, guys, still groggy so heading back to bed. Hope you're having a good weekend!!
Old 03-30-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Toots and Duff, I'm sorry you guys are ill.

Marcher, how is your back?

WeHav, I'm sure you killed it.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Camp over...it's poss the last one he's running, not turing of the costs/benefits margin. Shame, nice meeting up w like minded folks (to a toy degree) half way through the year............no matter how **** you sound, you always sound good in a big orchestra/group.

there are no stead and ready roles but it tends to be AF...or one bottle pulled out to be shared between forty nine of us!!. Its BYO but people just rally don't seem to bother. All they want to do is play.....and play.....and play. After a full day teaching the session still lasted til midnight. No matter how many times you pack your violin away, one more tune will come on and......out it comes again...........I think I did this four times last night, it's a lot two ing and fro ing!.. shoulder rest on/shoulder rest off, reoisin don, reoisin not, v tuned, v not, etc, etc.

There I go, me me me me me me me me me again!

I was offered a glass of red......grudgly I refused, just thankful to have been amongst so many other people for the weekend with a different prospect w/o having to make alcohol the topic/object of desire, battlement of even defeat. This weekend ws about me realising I need to practice more, whinge less, get off the couch and appreciate the possibilities of the world around me.............AND.............STOP dwelling of the 'if onlys' or 'what ifs'.!
Old 03-30-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I am here for support. I've read a lot here over the past few years but I failed to consistently stay engaged. My drinking is a problem and I am here to quit for good this time.

Before the weekend I told myself that I wasn't going to drink but I did anyway. I drank a 6 pack of beer Friday night and last night a drank a 6 pack and 2 40 Ozs. I sat alone drinking in my apartment. This has happened over the last several weekends. It is sad. I have wasted countless days being drunk or hungover. Now is the time to act and I am doing something about my alcoholism.

I have the android app for SR so I will be able to access it when I think about drinking. A few important themes:

Alcoholism gets worse as time goes on. I can't moderate and I need to focus on preventing myself from having even 1 sip of alcohol.

This is not going to be easy but it is simple. I am shutting the door on alcohol. It is important for me to stay involved here daily to add a level of accountability and fellowship.

I am quitting for me. I don't care what people think. If I am offered a drink I will simply say no and ask for water.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Mainza, welcome to the group. Great decision to quit for you. Staying close to SR really helped me out in the beginning. Now I stay close because I.enjoy the people here! You are right it is simple but not easy. Do you have a plan for the heaviest craving times?

Life glad you enjoyed the camp and stayed away from the red. Did you get any contact info from the others, maybe to stay in touch and get together for a jam session?
Old 03-30-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Welcome, Mainza!

Life, so glad you had a good time :-)

It has been amazingly quiet here today - everyone must be out doing fun things (at least I hope so!). Duff, I hope you are re covered from that flu.

Toots, did you survive that long walk around Boston?

VC, yum - cheesecakes and apple strudel are particular favorites of mine :-)

WeHav, I'll bet you knocked that presentation right out of the park. I was sending loads of good vibes your way. And terrific that you weren't tempted!

Hugs to all!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I was going to post about a wonderful dinner I had tonight, but I just found out Keyweird passed away today.

I'm going to miss my friend.

Ronda, Rest in Peace

Love
Ken
Old 03-30-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Oh no Bud ~ that is truly heartbreaking.
She fought so hard. May she rest in peace.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Mainza, welcome to the family. Post as often as you can, as many places say you care to, and be as honest as possible, like you just were. Sr is a great place to get and stay sober. You can do this. Break free from the beast.

Budd, I'm so sorry to hear about Ronda. She will be missed. I'm so thankful that she was able to be sober and free though...
Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Budd, so sorry to hear about Ronda. I gathered that you were friends with her.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

again my condolences Ken
Old 03-30-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Yes Sass we were friends, we actually dated for a short time last year. We split up after she got a DUI on the way to see me at the bar I was working at but remained on good terms, and she was instrumental in helping me through my DUI a short time after that.

Later in the year, she relapsed for a short time, I showed her this site. She didn't post much, but really loved the chatrooms.

She put up a brave fight and kept her promise to not let cancer break her resolve to stay sober.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Dear Ken I am so sorry to hear about Key, may she rest in peace and my love to you.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. We had a lovely day in Sydney yesterday, then I had a busy day today catching up so have only just come online. I'm glad to hear the big winter is finally easing off.

Mainza a big welcome to you.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I spent all day yesterday hungover in bed/on the couch. I went to bed early and am now up early, dreading the long work week ahead. My body aches, my mind is dull and I just want to feel normal again. I know alcohol will make things worse.

I am thankful for the welcomes and I enjoy reading your posts. I look forward to following your journey of sobriety.