Old 03-28-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS DD!! One year is awesome! So glad you found us
Old 03-28-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Duff
Old 03-28-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi VC!! Hi everyone! I've been reading but have been so sick I've been too tired to post. I had the flu - blah. But am feeling more human again
Old 03-28-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh no love ~ I'm glad you are feeling more human again.

V xx
Old 03-28-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about t he flu, Duff! Take care of yourself and get well soon!

VC, sending you lots of *hugs* and hope you don't feel lonely, tired and sad for long!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Marcher, feel better soon with the stress. It gets beyond a joke how we can be messed about by big companies. (((( HUGS))))

Life, enjoy fiddle camp.

VC HOPPE you are less tired and hungry now!

Duff feel better soon love. I think I have a virus, have been feeling poorly the last day.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

OH NO ~ Another Marcher down! What is going on here..I have decided to blame the ice cream

Feel better toots love. (((hug)))

I have food in my belly and am nicely refreshed from a shower.
And I received a lovely phone call from a very special friend.
So yes, much better now.
Just about to head off to my dad's for the afternoon.

Love V xx
Old 03-28-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Gilmer. I've had those thought too. Said it out loud to my brother than sobbed my guts out out of what seemed like horror of what came out of my mouth. He was nothing but supportive and said it was okay. It's okay to be mad and frustrated and feel frustrated which is really what that is. A friend of mine said to me that I'm the only thing my dad has. I wanted to run. I can't be anyone's everything! Who could? Or should be?

If it helps at all, I asked my dad if he could do something for me. He would do anything for me. I said can you try to make some friends dad so you can build a new life? It would be good for you. I won't have to worry about you so much. He said he would. And he has tried. And he's doing pretty good. Even though they act like children emotionally sometimes, they aren't children. I forget that sometimes. It helps when I am honest with him and treat him like an adult. Dee always said we are stronger than we think and I think that's true for the parents too. My dad can handle more than I give him credit for. A lot is me just not setting up my healthy boundaries. Just me.

We all have our family issues don't we? I'm sure I was the topic of many of my parents conversations too.

Yeah! A 7 Sassy!! And a normal liver! Little tweaking on the glucose thing and you will be a perfect 10 in the medical journal. I think you have always been a perfect 10 no matter what though.

Marcher, you and me on that service thing. There is nothing more aggravating to me then getting on the phone with customer service and getting everything but service. I swear there are some companies out there that purposely set up their phone lines so that no matter what number you push it will go everywhere but where you need it to go. My favorite is getting transferred around to 4 different people and not a one of them has the same information about you and you have to start all over again with your problem. Cable/Internet companies where I live. Worst service possible. Makes the DMV and the Affordable Healthcare government website look efficient. I feel your pain. I hope it gets resolved soon!

Sorry to hear you are sick Duff. Hope it passes quick!

Tap and fiddle away LP!

Hi Babs and V and Toots. and you shouldn't feel guilty Toots. Sending money for supporting elderly parents is a huge help. Trust me. It is a big big help. In fact, if the sibling who lives far away takes on managing the finances that lifts a huge part of the work. The closer ones can then just focus on the care part then.

Don't mean to miss anyone so xoxo if I do. Hey Meso..you doing okay?
Old 03-28-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sorry Sass ~ I missed your post before. Thank you.

Hi shoes (((hugs))).

Have a great day/night all! ♥

Love V xx
Old 03-28-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

And for DD's 1 year anniversary....the world's most expensive cupcake...$976. Made in Dubai.
I know you are not a big dessert eater but make an exception for this. Let me know if it's better than the Betty Crocker ones from the box that I make...congrats DD!

Old 03-28-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey WeHave! How are you doing?? Our posting schedules seem to be off.

Hi V

Have a nice cup of tea Duff. Or chicky soup. That helps.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Shoes, when i see your current avatar, i just love it - and no, I don't think I have a foot fetish. You just looked relaxed!
Old 03-29-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Duff if I could I would come over and cook you the chicky soup Shoes refers to I would. I would also like to give you Vegemite on toast because that's what I have when I'm ill but I wouldn't want you to relapse!

It looks like we won't have telephone service until April 7th! Got calls diverted to my mobile the other day and I have a cordless eftpos machine coming Tuesday. I have had to ask customers for either cash or (if we know them well) to do an online transaction or I have asked for their credit card details to process their transaction next week. Not one person has refused their details which I find quite astounding.

AV is still hanging around but I'll get past that. I'm off to Sydney in the morning with a friend to spend money in the bookshops.

Ken are you well?

Love to all you.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Marcher ~ what???? I have been trying to Google this and am getting nothing.

Sweetheart, what a nightmare. OK. You need some stress relief. This is the best I can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3VCl3yBURs

Maybe a laugh can help a tiny little bit???

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this horrendous cr*p.

Love V xx
Old 03-29-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Ugh, Marcher. So sorry for all you are going through. Congrats on recognizing AV and hope you can surf out the bad mood. Big hug, my friend.

Sassy, lucky 7! Seven is a good number, and fun to say. On your way to a perfect 10 (remember the old movie with Bo Derek?)

I was lucky, Gilmer and Shoes, in that my sister was so amazing caring for our mother at the end (I flew back and forth a lot to help, but I wasn't in Philly where they lived). I do have a hard time forgiving myself for how I behaved when my father was dying, but I do cut myself some slack given I was 15 at the time. As I think everyone knows, my biggest guilt is survivor guilt that my brother died of cancer while mine went into remission. That's when the binges started.

Duff, a DVD marathon always helps me when I am sick. Hope you feel better soon.

DD, congrats on one year!

Big love to Toots, VC, MeSo, Life, Ken, Dee, and all Marchers.

Life continues in the Northland with the hubcaps beginning their annual migration to roadsides (thanks to all the potholes with the melting and re-freezing).

Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Marcher, I'm sorry the phone service is down and you've gone through so many hassles, but delighted that your customers are loyal and willing to cooperate through a little inconvenience.

Thank you all so much for the encouragement about ambivalence with aging parents. One thing that frequently happens that is a freebie--it goes a long way to show affection to my dad, but costs me nothing: he often shows up at McDonalds shortly after I do and sits at my table. I surf SR, and he reads his newspaper. Just the companionship means a lot to him, and I don't have to chit-chat much.

(Conversation is supremely difficult with my dad. He's very hard of hearing. You have to yell to be understood, and it's hard to yell complex sentences. He gets insulted if you yell too loud, or attempt to write him a note. [When I go deaf, if I live so long, I will cheerfully accept notes from all comers]. Plus, he's very set in his ways and closed-minded, and only has three topics of conversation. I am constantly buffering between him and my husband. They are of different political parties, and my husband gets furious at him because of it. Not because my dad's a bad guy--just because he's set in his ways but can't understand any issues in depth.)

Enough already, I guess. I'm enveloped with controversial people everywhere I go! Seems it's my role in life to be a giant buffer. Most of the time I'm grateful for this meaty mission in life, but I do feel the need to unwind sometimes!

That's one thing I like about SR.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oh, yeah!

Congratulations, DD! You are definitely one contributor who always produces a smile. Your humor and bonhomie is infectious. I am glad your sober life is coming together so well. Have a great dinner and a great time in the self-proclaimed "bold new city of the South."
Old 03-29-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
And for DD's 1 year anniversary....the world's most expensive cupcake...$976. Made in Dubai.
I know you are not a big dessert eater but make an exception for this. Let me know if it's better than the Betty Crocker ones from the box that I make...congrats DD!
One time I had to contribute something to a bake sale for my kids' school. I wanted to show off my best Suzy Homemaker skills. I decided to make a really difficult cake from scratch. It was from Southern Living's elite gourmet collection: the Chocolate Decadence Cake. I made one for the bake sale and one as a sample for us at home.

There were a million ingredients and many, many complicated steps and much manipulation thereof. Finally the cakes were finished. They looked good.

I tasted ours. It tasted delicious. But no more delicious than the Betty Crocker box mixes you can get nowadays with the pudding in the mix!

Hours of painstaking work, and I could have just made a box mix that was every bit as good!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 years DD! You've come a long way my friend.

Marcher, hope things start getting better, great job on flogging that AV into submission!

My parents both died quickly after getting ill, but even the short time they were in need of constant care it was difficult. My brother missed my Father's time, however, my Father spent most of it in the hospital. My Mother though, wanted to stay at home, my brother came out to help, but it was still very stressful for both of us.

Getting angry is a normal emotion at this time, not at any person, but at the situation. When the frustration got to be too much, we made sure that the other had some time to get away, even if it meant hiring someone for a day or two.

Hope everyone is doing well.