Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 5

Old 03-26-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Jade1224 View Post
wait theres an SR app? wow theres seriously an app for everything... crazy
I pulled up the SR website on my phone browser and the link to buy the app was sitting at the top of the page. Not sure if that happens on every phone but it did for my iPhone.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in on the app that's on my I-pad from a coffee shop in London - staying firm but it's been challenging. Have really enjoyed reading the conversation and banter today.

Meeting finished at the Houses of Parliament at half 4... Train not heading back until past seven.. 3 hours to kill... Pubs all around and very tempting... Knew I had to look for alternatives..

Went into the British Library and had a good mooch around the exhibitions. Was going to become a 'reader' which would have got me access to the reading rooms - that are open until 8 - but didn't have the appropriate ID on me. Still, it passed some time.

I've looked around bookshops, wandered aimlessly and seen the Harry Potter shop.. Probably had too much coffee today but at least there's no temptation in coffee shops and I can watch the world go by!!!

This has truly been the hardest test of the last 11 days. Still can't help thinking that I'd be better off engaging in random conversation in a pub somewhere... I won't though...

Will check back in when I get home...

Be firm at the school quiz tonight Enfin.. It'll be worth it..

Hugs to the rest of you....
Old 03-26-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Hi there, Mich!

Glad to see you checking in. Sounds like you're having quite the day!

Congrats on 11 days! Hang in there. It's gonna get better!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I have a windows phone.. you can get NOTHING on it, not even candy crush...booohooooo

Glad you stayed strong Mich, well done and in the big smoke!!!

Don't even want a drink, but think it might hot as habit later... but nooooooooooooooo
Old 03-26-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

On April 7th I have to do something thats going to be very painful I have to go to the doctor he's going to break my jaw that's what I have planned for vacation
Old 03-26-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
Doing much better, thank you!

I think I'll chalk that up to low blood sugar.
Good to hear !!!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Holy cow, MrFixit!

What on earth does he have to do that for? Don't have to say if you don't want to, obviously but that sounds so extreme!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi everybody.
Haven't read any of your posts I'm afraid. Congrats to those doing well, commiserations to those that aren't. That really does sound insolent I know. Sorry that's just the mood I'm in today.

Talk about mood swings!
Yesterday I was on top of the world. Then last night had a huge row with Mrs Sparkos, where I was to blame for something that was completely out of my control. (the woman nextdoor called on the police saying my German Shepperd was totally out of control (which he's not) and was terrorizing her).
Mrs sparkos got drunk and hounded me from room to room even gping as far as suggesting that I was having an affair with her!!"!!)

Ladies in the class look away now.......................
BLOODY WOMEN

So had a duvet day today.

Sorry not to be my usual, ebullient self. But there it is.
Had to share.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Michtizz, I feel for you, my bf lives in the middle of camden, literally 30 seconds to the market on the canal (he's rich lol)...I smoke on the balcony and look at all the people partying, the atmosphere, music etc, is hard! Then I remember I just cant be like them, the night always ended badly, arguments, something lost...thats what I hold onto, we arent normal drinkers, drink stopped being fun a long time ago.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Sparkos, I hate it when the other half is drunk, thats bad enough without drunken stupid arguments...hope she apologises!!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Ugh, I'm sorry for your trouble with the Misses. I feel lucky sometimes that I'm single.

I'm hoping you'll have a better evening today.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post

Bim - arroagant may not be arrogant, it might be confident and self assured!!! Its tough being bored.. and wanting different stuff...
ah, thanks but no. It's arrogance. It's that thinking I'm all that with nothing to really back it up except bravado. Knowing what's best for everyone else, meanwhile my life is in the handbasket.

I gave up on the human race because I'm so much smarter/better/wiser. I don't want to extend myself because, "they don't listen anyway." I don't reach out because I don't want to listen to people complain. Sounds like arrogance to me.

It isn't/hasn't worked. I just isolated myself and gave online advice. (Not here, on another forum.) That worked really well, people stroked my ego, told me how helpful I was. But that was on my schedule, and without the human interaction that causes social grace. With no actual face to face interaction, if someone pissed me off or irritated me or even if I just disagreed with them, I would just click the little red X up there in the right corner of my screen. That didn't teach me how to actually, truly care about people. They need to answer me, they need to ask different questions to which I don't have answers. I needed to get outside myself and go to meetings. I needed to save my own life, not tell others how to do it. I had to stop deciding when I interacted and just let it happen in the real world. I HAD TO STOP CONTROLLING EVERYTHING.

I've heard it said many years ago that in order to gain your life you have to lose it.

It's time for me to let go. I don't know best. I don't have all the answers. I do have my answers - but they are buried beneath years of helping other people in lieu of saving myself. It didn't work. It didn't work because eventually I had to admit that others have to do them, I have to do me. All I have is my experience. Today I'm not drinking. I'm hoping and reminding all of you not to drink. Not even one. Today. Thanks for helping me stay sober. I need you. I've been humbled by this. I don't ever want to forget this horrible mess and the pain.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Bless you Bimini x
Old 03-26-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

By the time I finally become sober I will weigh 772 pounds right now it seems I'm replacing the booze with cheeseburgers and onion rings
Old 03-26-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Mr F I'm sorry about the row. My husband gets very touchy after a few beers and almost anything can set him off. Then he goes careening off on tangents and keeps talking and escalating, and I am literally sitting there. Not saying a thing. Then he has to walk out. By then I have no idea what he's talking about or what I'm supposed to say at all. It's like I'm not even there.

By the way, what do you mean by "when I'm sober...", if you're replacing booze with cheeseburgers?
I think I'll have a cheeseburger tonight...
Old 03-26-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Just catching up on some posts. Amazing to see the Ebbs and Flows we are all having. So great, powerful and encouraging to know we are all facing these highs and lows with a clear sober mind !!
Old 03-26-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers, for all you 1970s kids here's an '80s babe checking in on Day 4

Mich - well done on resisting the lure of London pubs, I have been there and remember how fun & tempting it seems to while away a few hours in some old boozers... I have tried to strike from my memory vomiting over the shoes of a quite attractive young man in a nightclub following a "sesh" in those pubs... Yeah, that is the stuff I will have to focus on to stay off the grog.

Sparkos - sorry to hear about your marital bargey. That stuff really sucks, I hope you can make it up with each other?

Mr. Fixit - The way I'm going at baked potatoes & chocolate I'll be an ever cuddlier panda by the time I've chalked up a month of sobriety!

Seascape - Well done on nearly completing your thesis, I'm struggling with a masters dissertation at present & it's TOUGH so I envy & admire your achievements.

Ilya, Cali & Bimi and anyone else who I have accidentally left out - thanks for being there and supporting all of us through these tough times.

Right I need to get on with my uber-busy day, hope it's an easy one without dramas for me and all of you xxx
Old 03-26-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Good afternoon from the western States!

It's been a good day. I went for coffee and breakfast. Spent time reading and surfing the net. Ran a few errands which included picking up lots of yummy healthy food and a new supply of vitamins. I bought some melatonin which I'm going to try tonight. I got almost everything done and then the sky opened up. I'll stop at the mall tomorrow and finish what I didn't get done today.

I had an episode of dizziness and disembodiment while I was out. At least I wasn't driving. I'll be glad when this is gone.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!
Old 03-26-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I didn't drink, just so u know... Didn't win either! Ha
Night x
Old 03-26-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
I didn't drink, just so u know... Didn't win either! Ha
Night x
Great job!

Sleep well!