Notices

Class Of February 2014 Part 6

Old 03-26-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Glee: Which book is that? I always am trying to fix things for people. I get so pissed and frustrated that I can't fix my family that I just don't want to hear the next bad news anymore.

Coming back from lunch I saw a billboard. You don't need to take heroin. It takes you. For us, it's booze.

We need some cheering up today:

springcleaning4.jpg
Old 03-26-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briggsy75 View Post
Really FABL? Wow! This is becoming a reoccurring game in which you seem to enjoy playing quite frequently!
Some of us are having a harder than others here. I highly doubt it is a game any of us enjoy playing.

Hang in there FABL. Fight through the urge and it will pass. Stay here and we will help you through. I agree with torn, get so something sweet and yummy to eat.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

So true, Torn! I need someone to tell me right now that they will be here in an hour so I can get myself going!
Gleefan, it's wonderful to hear that there are healthy relationships out there. He and I once did have a healthy relationship but there comes a point where too much has happened and resentments build. I worry that my chances of meeting someone new are slim. I know anything can happen at any time, but I don't get out much and my life revolves around school and my kids.
Soberleigh, thinking about you and hoping all is ok with your daughter.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thanks guys; will be chirping in soon.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
So true, Torn! I need someone to tell me right now that they will be here in an hour so I can get myself going!
Gleefan, it's wonderful to hear that there are healthy relationships out there. He and I once did have a healthy relationship but there comes a point where too much has happened and resentments build. I worry that my chances of meeting someone new are slim. I know anything can happen at any time, but I don't get out much and my life revolves around school and my kids.
Soberleigh, thinking about you and hoping all is ok with your daughter.
I'll be in transit to my assessment. At the very least the newcomer threads get responses fast.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Thanks guys; will be chirping in soon.
I hope all is OK.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Oh Torn, I worry my post was misunderstood...I was referring cleaning my house and the ecard you posted...it was a joke I am actually doing much better thanks to all of you. My kids are home and I'm slowly starting to clean things up and get things done.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Oh Torn, I worry my post was misunderstood...I was referring cleaning my house and the ecard you posted...it was a joke I am actually doing much better thanks to all of you. My kids are home and I'm slowly starting to clean things up and get things done.
Oh good! Now that made me smile really big. I totally was still in serious mode. HA!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi Febbies - daughter is okay; thankfully, the babes were not in the car as front end and rear end were both crushed. Her car was rear-ended while stopped at traffic light.

Thanks for the thoughts, hugs and prayers; felt every one of them.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

My word SoberLeigh that sounds like a terrible accident, I'm so glad your daughter is okay

FABL - Sorry you've had such a tough time with the craving, what you're describing is a feeling i'm very familiar with, it's very painful when you feel utterly defeated and your motivation drops through the floor, it's great you recognised it for what it was and got straight on here though that's fantastic. When I'm feeling like that I try to listen to the other voice that deep, deep down is screaming at me to HOLD ON for just a little while longer. Something that always gets me through early recovery is the knowledge that it WILL get better. All you have to do is hold fast and the light overwhelms the darkness once more.

You're in my thoughts
Old 03-26-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
My word SoberLeigh that sounds like a terrible accident, I'm so glad your daughter is okay

FABL - Sorry you've had such a tough time with the craving, what you're describing is a feeling i'm very familiar with, it's very painful when you feel utterly defeated and your motivation drops through the floor, it's great you recognised it for what it was and got straight on here though that's fantastic. When I'm feeling like that I try to listen to the other voice that deep, deep down is screaming at me to HOLD ON for just a little while longer. Something that always gets me through early recovery is the knowledge that it WILL get better. All you have to do is hold fast and the light overwhelms the darkness once more.

You're in my thoughts
Thanks, LS; my heart was definitely in my stomach for a while. Her spastic phone didn't help either; took a while to get to the bottom of the situation.

Technology can make our world seem so small; times like this bring the reality and physicality of the miles which separate us crystal clear.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

SL, so glad your daughter is ok!

Hope everyone else is doing well today. I was so cranky and tired yesterday, but am feeling better today. Went to the gym this morning and it helped. I was thinking earlier that even though I have been sober for the majority of this past year, these one night slips here and there still really set me back, mentally. I will not give in again.

LS, I don't think I congratulated you on your new job offer? That's awesome news, so happy for you!

Will post more later when I am not on my phone. Stay strong, sober and happy, Febbies!!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Whew dodged a bullet!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Freud pondered why we marvel at technology, he said that although the telephone makes us feel like somebody is in the next room, if it wasn't for the train and the plane they actually would be in the next room!

I hope you get to see her soon
Old 03-26-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Torn - I've been reading Codependent No More by Melody Beattie. I had always thought of codependency as outmoded self help jargon, and stayed away from it. Turns out it is quite relevant to my life, both to the glaring issues I had as a kid, and to the more subtle relationship issues that have lingered into adulthood. I've been working loosely on my boundaries since last summer. This book has given me clear direction on that work. I have the sense that it is going to be a real game changer for me.

SoberLeigh - I'm glad your daughter and little ones are safe and sound.

LonelyShadow - Leave it to you to find a profound comment on technology. I mean that as a compliment.

I hope everybody's av's and cravings have settled down. If not they will have the Febbie gang to contend with.

image-2655765769.jpg
Old 03-26-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad everyones OK SL.

I'm sorry you're struggling here FABL - it's clear to me that you're trying very hard to fight the good fight.

Are you using any other support apart from SR right now?

D
Old 03-26-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Hi Febbies - daughter is okay; thankfully, the babes were not in the car as front end and rear end were both crushed. Her car was rear-ended while stopped at traffic light.

Thanks for the thoughts, hugs and prayers; felt every one of them.
Thank goodness......was praying for you and your family.

Hope your daughter if feeling ok, I'm sure she's still in a bit of shock.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

FABL....We've been at this a while and I remember you from 2011. Keep fighting the fight and we'll get this right.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

I had my assessment today. I was pumped, the energy was ALIVE, I'm going to DO THIS RIGHT this time.

Then I started driving there, about 1/2way there, I got nervous. I noticed it because I was biting my nails and I never do that anymore unless I'm nervous.

I walked in there and instant shame. The receptionist must see people like me all the time and think we're losers. I saw a teenager sulking with his mom. I felt incredibly little.

Out comes a whippersnapper guy who wasn't too bad on the eyes and well he's my assessment taker. So embarrassed. Someone younger. I couldn't give answers on why I drink, just all the time. His computer acting up so it was slow and painful.

Turns out they have so many people do assessments that the next step is to meet with a counselor for an hour for background and to start a plan. Its walk in only and conveniently in the middle of the day. This isn't good for people like myself who work. So next week I have to work early, go win the walk in lottery and work at home to make up my hours to get into night IOP.

They only take the first 3 or 4 people who show up. I asked - is this because so many people don't follow through on appointments? Yes, yes it was. Makes sense. With the extreme raw emotions behind me (week 1), I felt I was of sound mind to know I wanted to do this. This is why I called it a lottery. However, if you show up and they can't see you, you do get an appointment. I guess you need to show your commitment. I think last time the requirement was X amount of days sober. This time he didn't recommend inpatient because of my 6 weeks, and now 2 weeks and switching from nightly to weekends AND - not having withdrawal symptoms anymore. Whew.

Its Tues-Thurs for 3 hours a night. I asked about school, you see I'm 3/4ths done with my Masters and I already screwed up my class with the hospital visit and had to drop and take a 10% tuition hit, but the class is offered right away in May and I have the books already. I asked, can I do two days a week in May? He said he counsels people in the morning and lets them do two days if there is a good reason. Ultimately it's up to the counselor who's on vacation. So I'm still going for it. I said well I think class is a good excuse. If not, I guess I can take that one online or try and find a Monday/Friday class instead.

Then off to dinner with my fam fam. Busy day.

SL - I am thankful your daughter is ok.

FABL - how's your night going?

Glee - I'll look into getting that book.

NT - I think I've been trying hap-hazardly to quit since 2008.

I wanted to order a dessert SO BAD for sweets, but my nieces and nephews were over tired, out of control and if they saw sweets, all heck would break loose. Time for some chocolate and tea.

A trying day for us Febbies,

Everyone did great though.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tornrealization View Post
I had my assessment today. I was pumped, the energy was ALIVE, I'm going to DO THIS RIGHT this time.

Then I started driving there, about 1/2way there, I got nervous. I noticed it because I was biting my nails and I never do that anymore unless I'm nervous.

I walked in there and instant shame. The receptionist must see people like me all the time and think we're losers. I saw a teenager sulking with his mom. I felt incredibly little.

Out comes a whippersnapper guy who wasn't too bad on the eyes and well he's my assessment taker. So embarrassed. Someone younger. I couldn't give answers on why I drink, just all the time. His computer acting up so it was slow and painful.

Turns out they have so many people do assessments that the next step is to meet with a counselor for an hour for background and to start a plan. Its walk in only and conveniently in the middle of the day. This isn't good for people like myself who work. So next week I have to work early, go win the walk in lottery and work at home to make up my hours to get into night IOP.

They only take the first 3 or 4 people who show up. I asked - is this because so many people don't follow through on appointments? Yes, yes it was. Makes sense. With the extreme raw emotions behind me (week 1), I felt I was of sound mind to know I wanted to do this. This is why I called it a lottery. However, if you show up and they can't see you, you do get an appointment. I guess you need to show your commitment. I think last time the requirement was X amount of days sober. This time he didn't recommend inpatient because of my 6 weeks, and now 2 weeks and switching from nightly to weekends AND - not having withdrawal symptoms anymore. Whew.

Its Tues-Thurs for 3 hours a night. I asked about school, you see I'm 3/4ths done with my Masters and I already screwed up my class with the hospital visit and had to drop and take a 10% tuition hit, but the class is offered right away in May and I have the books already. I asked, can I do two days a week in May? He said he counsels people in the morning and lets them do two days if there is a good reason. Ultimately it's up to the counselor who's on vacation. So I'm still going for it. I said well I think class is a good excuse. If not, I guess I can take that one online or try and find a Monday/Friday class instead.

Then off to dinner with my fam fam. Busy day.

SL - I am thankful your daughter is ok.

FABL - how's your night going?

Glee - I'll look into getting that book.

NT - I think I've been trying hap-hazardly to quit since 2008.

I wanted to order a dessert SO BAD for sweets, but my nieces and nephews were over tired, out of control and if they saw sweets, all heck would break loose. Time for some chocolate and tea.

A trying day for us Febbies,

Everyone did great though.

Great job, torn. Sounds like it went really well for the most. Your commitment and resolve are inspirational.