Notices

Class Of February 2014 Part 4

Old 02-27-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Originally Posted by Gibbons2 View Post
I have a tendency to go "forward" to quickly. Even my customers and other people don't expect anything from we as quickly as I try to get things done for them. I don't know why I am like this. I think I always have been. Hurry, hurry, hurry and all I do is end up tripping over my own feet and backtracking at times because I moved to quickly again trying to sew everything up in a bow so fast. Is anyone else out there like this? I really don't know where I get it from.
Oh I am so like this! I worry and stress and bust my butt filling orders for customers because I think they are all going to complain about how long it's taking me when very few do.

Last night in a meeting someone talked about how the only problem is that we worry too much about the problem. In other words, we tend to worry about issues that don't even exist yet. This is something I'm trying to work on, but I'm a giant, walking ball of stress and anxiety so it's hard.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Neverthought- we worked together in a small office and became close friends. Over the years I grew to love him, knowing at the time he didn't feel the same. But I was content with having even just that close friendship. I Invited him to do things with me and my friend who I know suspected my feelings for him. I lost a lot of weight, she started tearing me down and insidiously chipping away at my self esteem. In the end they wound up together and I was left on the outside, but having to work with both of them every day. I couldn't sleep thinking about them. But wine made me forget for a while and me sleep.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=GreenEggsAndHam;4497675]@SayAnything - I have no idea. She's a pothead and I used to pay her off in high school with weed so she would let me hang out with my adult male friends (I was 15 when I started buying her off). She was also a major rage-aholic and a bully and beat us as kids. I get along with her ok now and love her, but I still have so much rage inside when it comes to her.

/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry! I think I would feel that same rage. I can't imagine what you went through. I wouldn't know how to come to terms with that. At least now she's there for you (helping with your kids) and hopefully, she's changed and is a better grandmother than she was a mother. But I'm sure it's not ideal. It's good you're taking care of you so you can be a better mother. I know that's one of the main reasons I'm here.

BTW, on the shakiness. I don't think I had as much after I quit, but when I had gone back after my last attempt, the shakiness came right back. I was working at the book sale at my kids' school and when I went to make change for them, I had trouble separating the bills and change. That scared the crap out of me. I thought it can only get worse if I keep on. It's so much better now. I'm sure yours will get that way, too. I also had a few bouts (and did after I quit) of full body shakes - more like chills. That has lessened, too.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Still here, friends. Been busy with work and classes (chemical dependency).

One week ago tonight, I drank for the last time.

I am finding this easier than anticipated. But only because I am getting help for the social anxiety and PTSD that has truly been ravaging me. I admitted in group session last night (the first time I had opened up) that I would trade alcohol easilly for the comfort of managing a relatively normal life.

I'm sorta bargaining, and I don't know if that's healthy. But its working. So long as they assist me in making every day interactions FEEL normal (they always seemed that way to my counterparts, they didn't know the dread, despair, self-disappointment, and fear I felt every word I uttered, in the most casual of circumstances), then I am willing to make sacrifices of temporary pleasure.

Thanks for being here.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Dax good job on double digits!

Hang in there Gibbons. We are on the same day so let's stay that way. You are doing great.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

OK, people. I have a disaster of a house, and instead I'm hanging out with you guys. Wish I could just stay on here, but responsibilities call. Boo!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the kind words and support, it really does help a lot, if I tried to reach out to other people they would bombard me with the most nonsensical advice, albeit well-meaning, I think they just do not 'get it'

I get a strong feeling that EVERYONE on here does get it, and that is a very encouraging thing to know.

Thanks again all!

(Oh and welcome newcomers, pleasure to meet you all)
Old 02-27-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SayAnything View Post
OK, people. I have a disaster of a house, and instead I'm hanging out with you guys. Wish I could just stay on here, but responsibilities call. Boo!
...My wife constantly calls our house a disaster and it's not even close....but it's her OCD talking.

When things turned around for better last week, I told her that she has to remove the word "disaster" from her vocabulary because it stresses me out.

Now, I don't feel so bad.....Maybe it's a women, mom thing.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
...My wife constantly calls our house a disaster and it's not even close....but it's her OCD talking.

When things turned around for better last week, I told her that she has to remove the word "disaster" from her vocabulary because it stresses me out.

Now, I don't feel so bad.....Maybe it's a women, mom thing.
I always say men just don't see or care about dirt. My partner says I'm OCD too; I just would rather not walk on crumbs or have dirty dishes sitting in cold water for days. But he'll obsess about some tree 1/2 mile away that needs pruning. Dude! Worry about the nasty ring in the tub before the dumb tree!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DiggingIn View Post
Neverthought- we worked together in a small office and became close friends. Over the years I grew to love him, knowing at the time he didn't feel the same. But I was content with having even just that close friendship. I Invited him to do things with me and my friend who I know suspected my feelings for him. I lost a lot of weight, she started tearing me down and insidiously chipping away at my self esteem. In the end they wound up together and I was left on the outside, but having to work with both of them every day. I couldn't sleep thinking about them. But wine made me forget for a while and me sleep.
People can be sneaky.

Apparently, she admires you and wants what you want. Pretty common with people with low self-esteem. And with people without a conscious that get what they want at any cost. Shameful.....

...hell with them DI. And work relationships typically don't work in the long-run.

Are you over the whole situation?
Old 02-27-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

People can be sneaky. Apparently, she admires you and wants what you want. Pretty common with people with low self-esteem. And with people without a conscious that get what they want at any cost. Shameful..... ...hell with them DI. And work relationships typically don't work in the long-run. Are you over the whole situation?
No. I'm in counseling, but I still have strong feelings for him and I miss him because he is who I would normally have turned to. I don't generally desire to drink until close to bedtime and the the pain and anxiety sets in. I worry on nights when I don't have wine in the house. But if I do, I will drink it. This has been going on for not quite a year. I have periods of abstinence but never long.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a good day. I just got home from work. I haven't looked at my "I'm Done Drinking" app in a few days. Just looked at it and it say's I haven't drank 300 Beers!!!!!!!!!! Wowzers! They really add up fast. Okay, off to start squaring away my office, figured what the heck, I might as well get a head start on it. Oh we're expecting some snow tomorrow afternoon. Unlike many on here, I take these snow/cold days and turn them into Chili, homemade soup, or crockpot days, just saying. Can turn a negative into a positive. : 0
Old 02-27-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Good morning, for those of you who may have caught my desperate post last night, you can imagine that I am not having a very good morning. I must go to work and "pretend" that everything is fine, when I literally feel like I am falling apart. I did drink some last night, but it's even beyond that. I am addicted to this person in my life just as much as I am alcohol. I thought I had it beat, I thought I was over it, just like alcohol, but somehow it is now just as strong as it was and I am feeling so out of control, of even my own feelings and thoughts. If I read this post 2 months ago I would be able to relate, yet feel so happy to be beyond all of this craziness. I wasn't even trying, I was just over it. I don't know how this happened. Does it matter? I just want to get back to where I was. I know alcohol fuels my thinking and drama, but it's not the sole answer. I'm sorry guys, I have no where to turn. No one could possibly understand or even believe that I am sinking this low in my real life. I feel so alone, so scared, so confused. I know that the first step is not to drink today, but I have a long day ahead of me with work and kids and responsibilities. This is not the person I am, the person I was becoming and I don't know how I got here again.
Stay close to us, FABL; we are in your corner and want so much to see you happy and succeed. You absolutely can turn to us; unload you want and need.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenEggsAndHam View Post
So IOP is going GREAT. The group is really great. I feel really comfortable there and am already bonding with a few people. I really love it. To think I was so terrified!! I don't even mind the hour and a half drive there.

I returned to AA last night and it was a good experience. I picked up my white chip and people were very nice after the meeting, introducing themselves, telling me to call them if I need them, asking me a little about where I am right now in my recovery, etc.

I can't tell you how happy I am that IOP and AA is going so well for you; your post really made my day.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briggsy75 View Post
Unlike many on here, I take these snow/cold days and turn them into Chili, homemade soup, or crockpot days, just saying. Can turn a negative into a positive. : 0
I wouldn't call it negative.

I love the snow! If we get hit with this storm that we are expending, it will be the snowing season on record.

My tendency is to warm up with a cocktail, but I enjoy the hell out of it.

Bought a bad-ass snow blower this year. Instead of shoving for over an hour, I blast out drive-way clean in 15 minutes.

So, now I get to enjoy making snowman and taking journeys with my 6 year old and going skiing.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm with SoberLeigh on this GEAH, really glad the treatment is going well. It took a lot of courage getting that sorted and going along to it, huge amount of respect.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

How are ya doing LS?
Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I wouldn't call it negative.

I love the snow! If we get hit with this storm that we are expending, it will be the snowing season on record.

My tendency is to warm up with a cocktail, but I enjoy the hell out of it.

Bought a bad-ass snow blower this year. Instead of shoving for over an hour, I blast out drive-way clean in 15 minutes.

So, now I get to enjoy making snowman and taking journeys with my 6 year old and going skiing.
Neverthought - I covet thy snowblower.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Thank you all. I'm positive but I still want to drink almost all the time. I just texted my husband that a 12-pack would be good right now. Today is one of those "crying all day" sort of days. This happened last time when I had 21 days sober. I'd cry and cry and cry for no reason on some days- other days I'd feel perfectly fine.

I'm trying a new meeting tonight - women's meeting. Anxious about it but Lord knows I need it!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Neverthought - I covet thy snowblower.
Hear-hear....

My last blower was in need of some minor repairs. So, during the fall, I cleaned out the garage and just threw it out ...and because we only got 16" of snow last year. And I thought, at the ripe age of 43, I could use the exercise and beef up a little from shoving if need-be. Well, between being employed, a father, husband and chores....I couldn't keep up and even hurt my back from shoveling.

So, I threw in the towel and bought another.

So far, this is the 4th snowiest season in our area....This storm has the potential for 12"+....and we only need 10" (I think) to surpass....should be interesting....