SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September 2013 - Part 27 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/323592-class-september-2013-part-27-a.html)

Clemence 02-21-2014 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tallia (Post 4485462)
Bet it be the wrong type of rain lol still smile at the wrong type of snow that grounded the eurotennel

Or the wrong kind of leaves that stopped the trains on their tracks!!

Well done Fishy on 2 weeks and the running, great stuff.

Brooksie your post made me so happy. What a fantastic postive day you had yesterday. It must have taken courage to speak but how happy you must be that you did it.

Renarde you have been through so much in the last 6 months but stayed strong throughout. My heartfelt congratulations.

I hope everyone has a great weekend

workoholic 02-22-2014 02:51 AM

Just checking in before getting to the AirPort. I should be able to follow the thread if I get the internet access once I am in Phuket. Hopefully you'll hear from again by sunday evening :)

BLKDIESEL 02-22-2014 03:58 AM

~~~Food For Thought ~ Sensational Saturday Edition~~~
~~~A REASON, SEASON OR LIFETIME:~~~

~Note~
This is a timeless classic mantra, I've seen this metaphor is so many publications and books that I've read over the years but it hold so true for so many situations I've been experiencing lately and I wanted to share it with you all. For some, it will be new, for some it will be a revisit but the principles never age. Hope it clarify some of your relationship situations...it has done wonders for me. Dare to be greater 2day than yesterday.

~The Meal~
People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway); and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

~“If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” - Paulo Coehlo~

phoebe64 02-22-2014 05:43 AM

So glad you had such a great meeting, speaker experience and day, Brooksie!!

PeanutButterCup 02-22-2014 09:06 AM

So much good stuff to read!

Brooksie, I wish I could have heard you! I'm glad it went well, that you're enthused and encouraged, and that you hopefully got some SLEEP. :)

Fish, rock on!

Renarde, YAY on 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooot!

We had a great meeting this morning about families of origin, resentments, and expectations. Deep stuff. I love the deep stuff.

It's actually sunny here today! Yay! I worked my tush off yesterday and am still finishing up, but it's good. Tomorrow we do our big Valentine's dinner (we had to put it off because of travelling last weekend). Have I told you about that? We do a formal candlelight dinner for our family every year ... prom gowns, roses, love letters, gifts, the works. I'm making baked ziti and a big fruit salad topped with toasted coconut, and my oldest daughter is bringing cupcakes. We always take tons of pictures. I bought my granddaughter a beautiful pink gown (she's 1) and I can't wait to see her in it. :)

phoebe64 02-22-2014 09:28 AM

Ugh. I am shaking. My daughter, 14 yo, is creating a lot of drama right now. I laid down a rule before she went outside and she broke the rule(about some dangerous sledding schemes). I called her in and she is escalating the drama. She has a history of depression and threatens self harm in these situations. it will be a very long afternoon, and I may have to take away some very special priveldges(like concert tickets) if she does not reign it in. I do not want to go there. But she will push every button.

Help me not to choose wine tonight after this day. I just know how it will go.

Tallia 02-22-2014 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by rochele (Post 4487436)
Ugh. I am shaking. My daughter, 14 yo, is creating a lot of drama right now. I laid down a rule before she went outside and she broke the rule(about some dangerous sledding schemes). I called her in and she is escalating the drama. She has a history of depression and threatens self harm in these situations. it will be a very long afternoon, and I may have to take away some very special priveldges(like concert tickets) if she does not reign it in. I do not want to go there. But she will push every button.

Wine will not help your daughter or you cope teenagers are hard to deal with

Tallia 02-22-2014 10:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My estranged hub phoned me last night he's starting to miss me I am starting to not miss him we see what happens i am liking being on my own wouldn't have said that before Christmas.

Bathroom is getting there by March all will be fixed yay

Attachment 21416

Br00ksie 02-22-2014 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by rochele (Post 4487436)

(((((((Rochele)))))))

14 y/o girls are the WORST! When I was reading my old journal the other night I could not BELIEVE some of the things I wrote about my mother! :261:

I was horrified. It made me want to go back in time and slap some respect into 15 y/o me! :no: But I was depressed and hormonal and dramatic and screaming out for help.

It is a good thing that your daughter is getting the help and support that she needs! You being present mentally will help her in the long run also! Can you do 15 min of cardio or go for a brisk walk to some "angry woman music" (as I like to call it) to burn off steam instead?

phoebe64 02-22-2014 11:28 AM

I had to micro mange her chores, but now can go do my own angry cleaning.

I really need a walk in the sunshine before it goes away, but this ordeal has eaten away half the day. also our street is a skating rink, even thoguh there is metling. it freezes in the shadows. Will see how it is later.

Thanks guys. I will read or withdraw later. Not go get wine. I have been very resovled to stay sober lately. My holiday slips had me quickly gain weight and bloat and I just cannot risk the health consequences of it anymore. It is not at all safe for me to drink and I need to remember that at all times.

PeanutButterCup 02-22-2014 11:32 AM

Rochele, they're right. No one ever looks back on difficult times with their kids and say, "Boy. I'm really glad I drank." But I think they say the exact OPPOSITE often. You'll never regret staying sober.

Tallia, I'm trying to figure out what your picture is ... is it your shower?

Br00ksie 02-22-2014 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup (Post 4487667)
Tallia, I'm trying to figure out what your picture is ... is it your shower?

Turn your head 90 degrees to the left :)

LillianGish 02-22-2014 11:40 AM

Rochele, hang in there. Drinking won't help ~ you need to stay frosty and solid for her and for you.

You may need a break though. Take one when you need it. :)

Teen drama is very upsetting and they know it. That's why they do it actually. Don't let her rattle ya'!

Br00ksie 02-22-2014 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tallia (Post 4487569)
My estranged hub phoned me last night he's starting to miss me I am starting to not miss him we see what happens i am liking being on my own wouldn't have said that before Christmas.

Bathroom is getting there by March all will be fixed yay

Attachment 21416

Hooraay for a new bathroom! For some reason seeing your bathroom picture reminded me of the fact that we all have different electrical outlets. In the US ours look like this. I bet that looks weird to you Europeans and Aussies. US outlets look weird to me too, actually! Like a dumbfounded smiley face...

:c029: <---- see the resemblance?

GotGrace 02-22-2014 11:55 AM

(((Rochele))) I wish I had a solution for you. Some days just suck. Hang in there. Definitely plan to get out by yourself later, maybe to the bookstore or makeup store? Anywhere that you can focus on you and your interests. Ooh! Yarn shop for a new scarf? Movie? We saw "Monuments Men" last week and enjoyed it.

I am taking my two youngest to see the Lego movie this afternoon and they are both bringing a friend. Maybe I will get a nap at the theater. I am the queen of sleeping through movies!

Check in later, Rochele, ok?

PeanutButterCup 02-22-2014 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Br00ksie (Post 4487671)
Turn your head 90 degrees to the left :)

Ooooooh! There it is. :D Sometimes it takes me a minute.:wiggle:

PeanutButterCup 02-22-2014 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by br00ksie (Post 4487683)
hooraay for a new bathroom! For some reason seeing your bathroom picture reminded me of the fact that we all have different electrical outlets. In the us ours look like this. I bet that looks weird to you europeans and aussies. Us outlets look weird to me too, actually! Like a dumbfounded smiley face...

yes!

GotGrace 02-22-2014 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Br00ksie (Post 4487683)
Hooraay for a new bathroom! For some reason seeing your bathroom picture reminded me of the fact that we all have different electrical outlets. In the US ours look like this. I bet that looks weird to you Europeans and Aussies. US outlets look weird to me too, actually! Like a dumbfounded smiley face...

Brooksie, my girls and I were just looking at Faces in Things on Twitter and cracking up. Your pic fits right in with that site!

Br00ksie 02-22-2014 12:00 PM

This was my daily email inspiring quote today. It's a good one!

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

PeanutButterCup 02-22-2014 12:02 PM

Wanna laugh? Watch this! :lmao

Vine - Bambi Come on, give me a great roar - YouTube

6 seconds of pure hilarity.