Old 03-04-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I've been working them angels overtime
Riding n guiding just over the edge
Old 03-05-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
Here's a yummy, easy, fast and healthy meal I made tonight:

Spicy Chicken: boneless, skinless chicken breast coated with spicy Shake-n-Bake and baked.
Coconut Rice: brown rice cooked in sugar-free coconut milk instead of water, some grated coconut, add Splenda and salt to taste.
Mango Salsa: mangos, tomatoes, corn, scallions, cilantro, and Caribbean Jerk spice.

YUM!
Now I'm hungry!
Flying back to europe tomorrow but will be off work until thursday next week. Wish I could stay longer but I have a birthday party to go to in London so I shouldn't complain.

I hope you're feeling better soon Brooksie. Glad rehab is working for you Fish, you seem inspired and strengthened by it.
Alrighty time to go and buy dinner, tomorrow I'll probably have dinner at phuket airport.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hey Fishy

I am glad that you are coping well at rehab. It will be over before you know it ! One thing about the Big Book was that it was written in the 30's and AA originated from a Christian group. However, at AA meetings, it is strongly emphasized that one replaces the word "God" with a "Higher Power" or a "God of your understanding". A higher power can be anything, e.g., it can be nature, waves, AA folks in the room, your pet dog (though not really a great choice), your boat , Buddha, etc. For me, I replace God with the power of interconnectedness between all sentient beings. When I first read the Big Book, I baulked at the God language as well but understood the intention after a few AA meetings. Food for thought.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hey Workoholic

Sounds like you had a great time ! Did you check out the katoeys at the bars (from a distance) ? Just watching all the oddities around that area is entertainment enough ! Have a safe trip !!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
1StepUp, I'm so glad you're doing well, and I love to hear the hope in your words. It's the beginning of something really, really good for you and your family. As I drove home from work tonight, I noticed that it wasn't completely dark. That's a sign of spring - YAY! But, it also made me think about drinking because I have too many fond memories of drinking and summertime. That's the first time in a LONG time that I kinda had a craving ... and I don't like it. I need to prepare myself for more, I think. Creating a new summertime normal with happy, sober memories will be very, very important for me this year.
Hey PBC

I know what you mean about unexpected triggers. I also plan, emotions wise, when the environment changes and for encounters with situations where I would have normally drank. Still, you can get thrown for six every now and then. I guess that is what vigilance is all about !
Old 03-05-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Morning all. Good to hear from you, Kaneda.

Work, sounds like a nice vacation with more to come. Safe travels!

I still have this bug. I think I am improving, but not back to eating much yet. Still weak, etc. I am down 4 pounds since Sunday. Maybe I can keep that off. Gotta look at the bright side.

I feel badly because I am supposed to go into ds's class with another Mom for a special project. I think I may not make it, but I have until the afternoon to decide. Right now, out is not looking good for that.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

~~~Food for thought ~ Humpday Edition~~~
~~~It's Your Brand New Day~~~

Today is a brand new day to make a bold move in your life!! Approach this day with courage, faith and a can-do attitude. Decide to make a major move for your health, career, relationship, or overall life that you have been putting off.

If you have a dream that does not require any help, then your dream is not big enough! Seek out partners and support that can help you grow and go to the next level. Work for your own success!!! You have GREATNESS within you!

~The Snacks~

You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”-Maya Angelou

“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are.You must not believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.”
-George Bernard Shaw

“You will get what you want, when you stop making excuses on why you don’t have it. ”
-Anthony Robbins

“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
-Nelson Mandela

“The oak fought the wind and was broken, the willow bent when it must and survived.”
-Robert Jordan

“The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”-Confucius
Old 03-05-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Take any hate that you have in your heart and let's focus all that hate towards Mr booze voice (av) we hate Mr booze voice he is not a good guy he will try to make you do stupid things and make you feel really bad. He will cost you friends , money and self respect and dignity.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Keep sailing straight and narrow friends... What a great day to be alive and sober
Old 03-05-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Rochele, I hope you feel better soon. You sound miserable! I find that sleep is the always the best medicine for me.

Fish ~ Rush!!!! I hope you were listening to those guys and it uplifted you. Just a little while longer and you'll be free....and back in the world of triggers. I'm glad you're taking this time to get ready.

Work, if I were single, I'd want your life.

Food looked good PBC. Made me hungry too. You sound like a ball of energy ~ always busy. A very full life is a blessing.

Brooksie ~ any sign of getting better yet? Worried about you....

1step ~ I'm picturing your girls with the pet lambs in Wales. What a nice image. That's something very beautiful to look forward to, that's for sure.

Kane, I liked what you said about Higher Power. This girl sitting in this chair is Episcopal, and has no problem saying God is her higher power. Whenever I'm not sure what to do, all I have to do is think of Him. The answer is never unclear. I may not LIKE the answer, but the beacon is always there. I can see why the Big Book points us to some higher power (whatever that is to anyone). It helps me think of things beyond myself.

Today is Ash Wednesday ~ solemn promise to give something up for us. I am giving up.....drumroll please......negative thinking. It's a habit of mine, I'd like to put aside for awhile.

Off to work....Hi Ho Hi Ho as the dwarves say. The diamond mines call to me.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Yes Lilly rush I was listening to that song and it seemed appropriate for my problems with life and Booze...
Old 03-05-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

~~~Food For Thought ~ Special Ash Wednesday Edition~~
~~~The Art of Giving Up~~~

~Note~ Special Edition for the beginning of Lent and the art of sacrifice and giving up things and habits for the next 40 days.

Today’s Mental Meal is dedicated to giving up! Lent is a religious holiday celebrated by western Christians of many denominations and is the tradition of giving something up for forty days. While this is a religious act of self-denial and sacrifice leading up to resurrection and Easter Sunday, the practice of making sacrifices is something that should be exercised universally!

In life, if we simply gave up on this things that no longer serve us, we would in-turn live happier lives but somehow society has taught us that giving up is wrong. What we need to realize is that when put in the right context, giving up is one of the sure ways to reach your success! Instead of holding on to any and everything, ONLY give your energy to the things that will make you better!

Effective immediately, I need you to give up on excuses! Stop allowing yourself to be talked out of what you know for sure can change the trajectory of your life! Every dream that you can fathom comes with it the power to make it true… you simply have to remove failure as an option!

As George Washington Carver once said “Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” Make sure you are part of the 1% that simply make it happen! Remember: Those who really want something find a way, those who don’t make excuses!! FIND A WAY!!! #NothingCanStopUButU #GivingUpTheExcuses!!!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by workoholic View Post
Now I'm hungry!
Flying back to europe tomorrow but will be off work until thursday next week. Wish I could stay longer but I have a birthday party to go to in London so I shouldn't complain.
Hey workoholic, if you don't mind me asking. What is it that you do as a career it seems to take you to some very interesting locales. Sounds very interesting...mind sharing?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Hey guys, I'm feeling better. I'm at about 80%. I got up and out to a meeting this evening and am meeting someone at a 7:15 meeting tomorrow AM to try and get my day started early. I've slept soo much in the past few days but I needed it! It feels good to emerge from my self-imposed quarantine!

I'm about to watch walking dead and go to bed, I will catch up on posts tomorrow! Hugs everyone!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
Hey guys, I'm feeling better. I'm at about 80%. I got up and out to a meeting this evening and am meeting someone at a 7:15 meeting tomorrow AM to try and get my day started early. I've slept soo much in the past few days but I needed it! It feels good to emerge from my self-imposed quarantine!

I'm about to watch walking dead and go to bed, I will catch up on posts tomorrow! Hugs everyone!
Good night Br00ksie ! Rest well and have a long relaxing snooze
Old 03-05-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Hey Workoholic

Sounds like you had a great time ! Did you check out the katoeys at the bars (from a distance) ? Just watching all the oddities around that area is entertainment enough ! Have a safe trip !!
What's a katoey? Is it one of the drag queens? There's one serving at a barbecue eatery down the road. The real madness is over on the west side of the island at Patong beach that goes crazy at night. Phuket town is quieter overall. But yeah it's fun to see at a safe distance
However I kept away this time as I still don't feel comfortable at drinking venues.

Not drinking has saved me alot of money and I have only spent 60-65% of what cash I brought and havent needed card or withdrawal at all. South east asia is still fairly cheap once you've paid for the flight ticket.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Rochele and Lilly: Yeah it's fun going on trips to far away places, it's the joy of my life at the moment. I've been to all continents already except antarctica and greenland but I don't think I've missed that much

BlkDIesel:
I travel occassionally for courses, training or conferences abroad but mostly it is vacation. We get 5 weeks a year in Sweden and I get extra paid leave for working on call as a doctor so I have more vacation but also less free time when I am working.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

~~~Food For Thought ~ Thoughtful Thursday Edition~~~
~~~Someday Is "NOT" Your Friend~~~

There are so many dangerous beliefs out there that will completely derail your happiness, success, and sanity. But there are few things worse than putting your faith in this seemingly harmless word: Someday!!!.

Someday is not your friend!!!!Hello People!!!!.

It can steal your dreams, keep you hanging around in miserable situations far longer than you should, and slowly destroy your health without you even noticing that it’s happening.

That’s because “someday” is sneaky. It’s not as obvious of a life-stealer as fear, but as far as I’m concerned, it’s equally as dangerous. Maybe even more so. Why? Because it’s so easy to fall into someday’s life-destroying trap.

It’s easy to say that someday we’ll organize all of our digital photos on our computer. Someday we’ll write that novel that’s been floating around in our brains forever. Someday we’ll develop the emotional maturity to stop yelling at people and acting like a 3-year old at the first sign of stress. Someday we’ll take action to lose the excess weight, get in shape, and reclaim our health. Someday we’ll leave our emotionally-abusive relationships. Someday we’ll get professional help to deal with the deep-seated issues that have been silently tormenting us for years. Someday we’ll find inner peace.

Someday, someday, someday…

It’s like a warm security blanket that gives us the illusion that we’re actually going to do something about our hopes and dreams. It even feels good to say it. Unfortunately, there’s a catch to this “someday” stuff, and it’s a big one.

What if someday never comes? It won’t come, because it can’t come. Someday isn’t real. It never was real. In fact, it’s a lie with only one deadly purpose: To keep you stuck and powerless by shifting your attention away from the only day that truly matters.Today!!!

~Snack~
There are seven days in the week and someday is not one of them!!!”
Old 03-06-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Kane as always thanks for your great advice... I like the idea that my higher power can be anything that floats my boat no pun intended. I decided to my higher power is going to be my old life my old self I want to be back outdoors hiking fishing camping I'm not hiding in a closet with a bottle.

Rochelle and Brooksie I hope you start feeling well soon.

Worko that vacation sounds amazing however it worries me that you and Kane I know where the katoeys hang out. . Have a safe trip back to Sweden.

1step I hope you're having a better week and I hope you have a great visit with your daughters and it sounds like to me that they should be your higher power or motivation.

I know I missing people but it's time for me to wear spandex and do yoga. Actually I'm lying about the spandex I think the law against me wearing anything like that. Just a couple more weeks.

I know its been posted many times but on my phone I'm having problems finding the link on urge surfing.

I hope everyone is well I have noticed the last few days the room is really slow.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hey guys. I totaled my car on Tuesday. Not fun. My back is stiff but other than that everyone is fine. Now looking for a new car. I won't lie, part of me wanted to use the accident as an excuse to drink, but I didn't.
Hope everyone is doing well. Xox