Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 8

Old 03-07-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi girls I'll go back and read the posts when kids are in bed, will update now while I have a minute..

Went out for dinner last night, and guess what? In not joking, I wasn't even tempted to have a drink! I was driving plus my friend wasn't drinking either so it was easy! It was only after that I thought wow I forgot about drinking.
I've also lost 3 kilos (6.6 pounds?) in the last couple of weeks!! Woohoo!

Ok, off to read posts hope everyone is well.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Thanks Bebetter. Yeah, it just ticked me off. When he texted us saying they just got back from the pub at midnight their time, and he wanted to skype, I figured he would be drunk and wanted no parts of that call. But my daughter saw the text so of course wanted to do it.

I know he is on vacation, and he should be enjoying himself...and if he wants to get a little drunk, no problem (he never does normally), but I could have done without the screen shots on the computer of him swilling. He could have set the beer aside for just that call.

Oh well.,,maybe I will say something, maybe I won't. We shall see.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Yeah new star!!!!!... Im sooooo happy for you!!! What a great step forward...'way to go girl!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi Moms,

How is everyone doing today?

Dolly, I would have been ticked off if hubby was swirling a beer in front of me too. He, like my husband so many times, probably just wasn't thinking, but it's still insensitive. The other night my husband left a glass with half of a beer in it laying out on our bedroom dresser. It was almost taunting me so finally I moved the damn thing to his office (he was in his office anyway!) I was like - could you make it any easier for me to take a swig? Ugh, I really think sometimes he thinks I am magically cured and this stuff doesn't bother me anymore?

Anyway, having a quiet, relaxing day here (kind of boring, actually). Lately, I am finding that boredom can be a trigger, along with being alone, hungry, etc.

BeBetter, hope your poetry reading went well. Thinking about you.

New star, yay for you on the weight loss!

Hi to everyone else
Old 03-08-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Dolly- my family and I were watching "Ghost Hunters" on the tv last night. My husband had been drinking whiskey. I could literally taste it. Not that that was my choice of alcohol but it just slams you when you see it, and smell it. You just don't want to be reminded of it by your spouse of all people!!! My husband travels every week and drinks at the bars and hotels. I get so jealous. I love to travel too and wish I could but with the kids in school we are stuck at home:-(

New star- awesome on your weight loss! Feels so good to look better!

Happy Saturday to everyone:-)

Day 28
Old 03-08-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi There, would like to join this group! Day 1 again
Old 03-08-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi Liza and welcome! Tell us a little about yourself, when you are ready
Old 03-08-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi Liza and welcome!!!

Dolly that would be so hard!!
Ladybug I thought for a moment you were going to say you took a swig, not moved it!!! Good job! I can't stand beer. But honestly if I had an urge for wine I'd probably take any form of alcohol.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi Liza!

Welcome to the group! We would love to hear your story!

Xox
Old 03-08-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Welcome Liza!! Such a wonderful group of ladies here so please feel free to share whatever and whenever u r ready!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good for you newstar - 1/2 stone is big, you must be chuffed

Welcome Liza - this group of lady's rock

Am checking in but been quiet lately - so much going on with the kids - just about surviving without hubbs - could murder wine most nights at the moment and can feel my resolve weakening. Day 46 and totally white knuckling at the mo

Xxxx
Old 03-08-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, 24 kilos all up now...not sure how much that is in lbs though
Old 03-08-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Sarah you're doing so so well!! It must be hard without hubby there keep going x
Old 03-08-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I must say I feel for all you ladies whose hubbys drink. I would find that incredibly hard!!! My hubby doesn't drink, maybe 1 beer every 6 months at a wedding or something. I would really struggle if he did drink I don't think I could do this, it would be so tempting. Hats off to you girls that are resisting, am proud of you all x
Old 03-08-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi moms,

Just checking in. Back from taking my daughter to an indoor water park all day...oh wow am I exhausted!!!! Briefly thought how nice a wa brandy would taste right now, but I know what waits at the bottom of that snifter....nothing but misery:-(. Moving on!

Looking forward to a hot shower instead:-)

Welcome Liza!! We are here to listen to whatever you feel like sharing. I am mom to a 7 year old girl and been sober for just over 10 months.

Welcome again!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

The water park does sound exhausting dolly! Did you go in the water too? Still can't believe you're 10 months sober that's AWESOME!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Oh yes New Star! It was just her and I, so I was her swimming partner. Five hours of water slides, tubing the lazy river, water basketball and several dousings from the giant bucket that tips over from above. Nonstop except for the 5 minute forced granola bar break by the mean old mom:-). Man am I pooped! Think the clocks might move ahead early while she isn't looking...oops, is it bedtime ALREADY?????

As tiring as it was, it was so awesome to do this with her. A year ago there is no way I would have done this. Not only would it have cut into my drinking time, but I was too out of shape to do it physically. Now 94 pounds lighter, it was much more doable:-)
Old 03-08-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I despise the time change... It always throws me off so much!!

Very quiet here tonight and am trying to find things to busy myself with... Daughter spending night at mother in laws and my son is playing on his Xbox right now... He got some new game... So it's just hubby and I for the most part... I think we r gonna rent a movie and chill.. Going to another crawfish boil tomorrow in the afternoon and I am so excited to be going sober and feel free from the worries of possibly acting a fool drinking too much and glad I will be fresh Monday morning! Any good movie suggestions?? Saw Gravity and Dallas Buyers Club already ...
Old 03-08-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Welcome Liza, and congratulations on Day 1. I'm glad you've joined us.

I got home from the poetry reading a few hours ago. The drive was perfect - not even a hint of anxiety. I remember my first therapist over a decade ago saying that alcohol contributes to anxiety. Wonder if my sobriety played a role in having no anxiety during the drive... Anyway, the reading was good, I "met" my online friend and a few other people I know from my Facebook baby loss group, which was really amazing. I cried during the readings - totally expected, and I didn't crave any of the wine. It helped that the wine was in giant lemonade/iced tea style jugs and not just a bunch of bottles on a table. It also helped that the "glasses" were little plastic wine glasses. I do have to say that if one more person on FB shares a photo of limerita icepops, I'm going to go nuts. I started drinking those right before getting sober, and I can STILL taste them. My second to last hangover was from beer and limeritas, on June 21. Our summer solstice party.

My "baby' turns 2 next week... where has the time gone? I was thinking about this last night, and get really sad when I think of all the time I lost from my kids' early years. Not just the drinking time, but the fixation on drinking time. I wasn't looking forward to doing this or that with them, I looked forward most to getting everyone tucked in to bed so I could pour that beer. And that really saddens me, because I worked so hard to have these kids.... SO hard. And now that I'm sober, I realize how much I wasn't really there in full spirit. I was sober for my first daughter's first year, and then for her third year, while I was pregnant with her sister, and now for my second daughter's second year. But when I lay in bed with the second, and we do eskimo kisses, and she hugs me so deeply, and we whisper and coo at each other, I remember trying so hard to get my first daughter to sleep when she was this age, so I could go have a beer. It really makes me sad.... all I missed that I will never get back...
Old 03-08-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Sarah - hold on... I hope you can find some distractions. I know this next few weeks is going to be really hard on you, but I know you can do it, too. It's just that first glass that you can't have. The rest will follow. Keep working out, make promises to yourself to do something early in the mornings so you can't be hungover (though I know that might not work - I used to drink more if I had something to do in the morning, because I didn't want to think about the next day). Make a weight loss plan?? I can't think of many things to do... I know you can only run yourself ragged for so long, and being alone is really hard. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that your AV gives you a break so you can relax and get through this time.