Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 28

Old 02-20-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Glad to hear you had a great birthday siesta...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (38.8 KB, 41 views)
Old 02-20-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all)

I am still here, still sober, still kicking..been a little busy these days.

Siesta - Happy Birthday! Have some nice treat to yourself)

Stevie - congrats on all the weight gained! And I've finally lost a kilo - just to create some balance here. Still 3 more to go)

Jim - glad you are back and posting. When you are crazy busy - just pop in to say hi)

My best wishes to all the Undies.

See you later)
Old 02-20-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Tanja, I hope your AA friends enjoy their celebrations, they are lucky to have you in their lives. I'm glad you are having a better day healthwise today, & hope those bloodworks get done soon.

Courage, my hubby hates me being I'll, seems to blame me for it! I get no sympathy whatsoever, just a ' keep away from me I can't afford to catch it'!! Sympathy oozes out of that guy!!

DG, I'm glad you wrote down those words, next step is to start believing in them! Regarding the silences after a row, to his mind it is definitely a matter of winning or losing. Well, actually it is a form of control he holds over you because he can. He has figured you are always first to cave, so he waits, regardless of who is at fault. He also relies on your aversion to direct confrontation. I have to say I was the same with hubby at first. In fact I had to seriously consider what my life might be if I walked away. And I realised. Actually it wouldn't end. So I began standing up for myself more and get more respect now. If you want an equal relationship, get one. And if it's not with him, so what? If he doesn't care enough for you to treat you well, there are others out there who would love the opportunity.

SJ, thanks for the check in hon.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi MB, we crossed in the ether! Good to see you xx
Old 02-20-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Siesta!

Good to see you checking in Jim, you too MB!

Carlos, you asked about Olive. she is doing well. Vet did a tweak of her meds and no seizures or side effects from the meds for several weeks now. The regimen doses are kind of complicated so I had to make a chart! Right now she is snoring so loud surprised you can not hear her.

DG my therapist gave me some simple instructions on how to potentially deal with situations or people that are problematic. He suggested 3 steps

When... (example you do X)
I feel.... (left out)
I want... (to be included in the discussion)

Crazy weather here... thunderstorm last night and was warm. Snow/hail/rain all-at-once shower this AM and then a 30 second blizzard this PM. Temps falling fast.

Have a great day Undies!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey gang just checking in....14 hour night shift for me as usual....

Wife and kids are back tomorrow so peace will be shattered....

Toots I am looking for a new job but lets just say my boss has a very colourful past and a lot of contacts in this industry...I know of two guards who went for job interviews at another company and as soon as my boss found out , they didn't get the jobs and they also lost their jobs with my company....Really gotta play careful toots.

Ate like a beast again today probably close to 4000 calories already....Gonna go and smash the gym later , really smashing the gym again just lately and planning on being solid by the end of this year...

Hope everyone else is well...

Take care.....Steve.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks for the nice birthday wishes.

Steve....4000 calories! I would love to be able to eat that much!! I would be huge if I did.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
p***enger

Happy birthday, Siesta! I'm glad it was a great day!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
p***enger

There doesn't seem to be an interactive SR game for inventing tongue twisters, so...

If the Duchess of Cambridge's sister had a very active young dog named after the red flower from which opium is derived, one could say, Pippa's puppy Poppy's peppy.

Try that 3 times fast. It should stop a craving better than dark chocolate!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

My favourite is an unusual one;

Moses supposes his toesies are roses
But Moses supposes ironiously
For nobody's toesies are posies of roses
As Moses supposes his toesies to be!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
p***enger

Ah Toots, you've made me think of The Pobble Who Has No Toes, which has made me think of The Owl & The Pussycat, and so it's time for a new avatar. Thanks for being inspiring!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Dax very inspiring post!

Siesta happy birthday!

Tanja how great that you're doing all of that to celebrate for those people!

Home after a long day. Super tired and heading to bed early tonight. My sis is back home and brought with her a huge handle of jack Daniels. It's sitting out on the counter but I have plenty of diet Pepsi in my room to keep me busy and some peanut M&Ms to stay distracted. She's having a huge birthday brunch party at a restaurant on the beach Sunday but I already said I won't be going. I don't feel comfortable seeing old drinking friends getting wasted, I think I'd be too tempted to drink out of feeling uncomfortable.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Checking in before work.
I have a bday dinner for my sis tonight to attend at a sushi place. I haven't had sushi in awhile so hopefully it will be fun.
I have a 3 day weekend as we'll with Monday off. I've been pretty tired waking up so looking forward to the extra rest.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good to see you checking in regularly BF, and good on recognising those possible triggers. There will come a time when you will be able to be around drinkers and not feel tempted, but until then you are doing the right thing. Enjoy your sushi tonight. Hate to be a philistine, but never quite got with the raw fish thing!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

BF- I think not going to the drinking party is a good decision. Even if you weren't tempted to drink, being around a bunch of drunks is probably no longer your idea of a good time.

So, I have been dwelling on the past and future-tripping to the extreme lately. If crush being a jerk isn't bad enough I choose to replay the tape over and over and over again in my head!

I read something about/from AA once that more or less said that it didn't matter so much how we chose to believe in God, simply that we realize that we're not God. Today, I need to remember that I'm not God, I don't control the universe and me worrying about stuff isn't going to change any of it (it will however keep me feeling miserable). I need to let God do her job (or not as she sees fit). It's not my business either way.

I want to focus on being the person I want to be, just for today.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey folks...here posting..reading...am actually looking forward to getting some rest this week end....my a.v. is ...low....but I will need to be very ....aware...

Jim

PS Siesta...HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY...
Old 02-21-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

So pissed...just lost my post somehow?

Here we go again...

BF, sushi, been long time for me too. Enjoy that party for sis, but hey, don't drink, girl!

Gilmer, I am at a mickey d's now enjoying the new egg-white mcmuffin. Just 300 calories, too, and Ieven less as I tossed the muffin top. Good healthy b-fast, great coffee and free internet...I'm all in! Actually here waiting as my script for blood pressure meds is filled. Saw Dr Wednesday and it was running a bit high. Nothing like loosing 25 lbs, eating healthy, exercising, yoga and reduced stress to up that BP, WTF???

DG, hope you are headache free today. I must disagree with you on the need for open and honest partner communication. I still remember being told that I did something that hurt my ex and I was totally unaware...vice-verse, too. Hey, who would want to purposely hurt their partner or potential partner on purpose but a jerk, right?

Courage, hope the headache dissipates and you and hubby get some quality time together this weekend.

Happy belated 40th, Siesta. 40 is for sure the new 30. You should see how that permutation improves further in my book as you add a decade or two.

Drake, glad Olive is responding well to the new meds. Hey, I did hear a faint low intermittent humming sound yesterday...could it have been?

SJ, are you thinking about working a program to accompany SR?

Stevie, bon-appetit, mate!

So Toots dear...what is shackin this weekend?

I am totally on cloud nine. It appears that my BABY GIRL will be spending a couple weeks with the old man this summer at the lake. The head of the PT dept at the hospital/cardiac rehab...really gym that I hang out at said that she is welcome to observe while she hangs with me. She is 1st yr grad school in PT and the sweetest ever. WOOHOO...do I seem excited? Actually almost cried just writing that. Trust me, I am!!!

Well, I must move on...have a good one and please stay clean and sober.

Carlos xx
Old 02-21-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

hi Undies just checking in to say hi and have a good week-end.
Babs
Old 02-21-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

You know, I just have to say that the reason I read this thread is because of all the positive vibes that come from here. I read here everyday of people just keeping on. Fighting the good fight with smiles on their faces ( or it seems that way to me.) It is a wonderful thing. Reading here helps me see the light on the other side. I sure do admire every one of you. I hope you realize how much light you send out into the world.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I'm glad your birthday was good, Siesta. I'm glad things aren't getting worse with your stepdaughter! Maybe she's stabilizing a bit. I'm glad you will still have your son to cheer you up!