Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 28

Old 02-18-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
I hope your head feels better soon, DG. Keep quiet and still. No bright lights. This is you reading SR with your shades on:
This made me laugh. Thanks courage. I did have to turn my screen brightness all the way down.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey all...start by saying the folks on this thread are very supportive.

I am ...dealing with my av...it gives me lots of reasons...as it does with all of us.
Work....tiredness.....you name it..
Posting here is my main support and I need to keep on top of it..

there are days when ...the idea of drinking....is not appealing and then other days...it is..almost...unstoppable...but I think we all know that.

Learning to cope with life's challenges without....going back..is the key..

I will post everyday....they may not be long, work is extremely busy at this time of year....however that is no excuse for keeping in touch and staying the course...

Jim
Old 02-18-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh, I almost forgot to mention: today is 7 months no weed for me.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again DG

D
Old 02-18-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congrats DG....Amazing.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jim

are you still adverse to finding support outside SR?

D
Old 02-18-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks again, Dee.

Thanks Steve.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Congratulations, DG!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

DG, sorry to hear about your migraine, it sure looks like Gilmer has spent the day cheering you up though !
I suffer 2-3 times a year, they used to last 3-4 days, now with meds I am ok after 2 so I totally empathise.

Gilmer, I love that story about the bottle, that is so cool!

SJ stick around for sure, but as Dee says it may be time for more help in some way.

Dee how's things with you?

Steve, good to see you. I take it you didn't get any hours knocked off your week then??

Elsie, thank you for your lovely words. I don't feel strong, more just bloody minded! But certainly being here among friends give me strength

Drake, are you cooking tea or writing your cookers funeral service??

DG, must add, congrats on making it 7 months weed free! Awesome!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

hello,
I'm alive. work is crazy fun. But stressful and hectic. I took public transportation for the first time in 20 years. Was very odd but it's downtown and it would be crazy to pay for such expensive parking.
I think I'm going to be in my element there. All the projects are so confidential, I hope I won't slip and blurt important stuff.

No inclination or craving to drink whatsoever. Am I being too complacent ?

I haven,t been on this thread much except from reading about migraines. Poor you DG, I have them all the time. It's insufferable, makes you believe in God.

Next time I'm back, I hope I'll be able to read all the posts.

DP
xx
Old 02-18-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wasn't going to bother checking in here but woke up In a real down mood and bummed out all day. Took the day off and did some reading in my book about a recovering addict/alcoholic to keep distracted from drinking. Think I'll take tomorrow off too.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better tomorrow BF

D
Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
p***enger

BF, I'm glad you checked in. Anything in particular got you down?
Old 02-18-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Hi All,

Just returned from my Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). Feeling spent, but good. Day 22 is almost coming to an end.

I am working on my 4th step, readying to meet my sponsor tomorrow night for my 5th, 6th and 7th. That's as far as I have ever gone and it took me three years to get there. We started the steps over and he has been really pushing me this time to not stall. I appreciate him and his wisdom.

Sleep well, all. Thank you for being here.

Daxemus - The key to my serenity is acceptance.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dorothyparker View Post
I haven,t been on this thread much except from reading about migraines. Poor you DG, I have them all the time. It's insufferable, makes you believe in God.
Makes me believe God must hate me!! Seriously though, glad to hear you're enjoying the new job.

BF- Glad you checked in. We're all here for you if you need some company and support. I've been a bit miserable myself lately and you know that saying about how misery loves company. I'd love to have you come hang around more!!!

daxemus- way to go on 22 days. I was exhausted in the early days too, but it gets better.

My headache is much better now finally. Now if only my heartache would get better too!!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:25 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

So sorry you're down, BF. I hope something happens to take your mind off the misery. Maybe you'll find a $20 bill in the street!

DG, I'm glad you're feeling better. Would it help your heart if I said, "That stupid jerk!"

DP, I'm delighted about what a great fit your new job is. Seems that you took to it as a duck takes to water, even after having had downtime!

Daxemus, I'm glad you've joined us. Sounds like you're really on the right track. Good for you and your sponsor for keeping things moving in your growth!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oh poor DG, a heartache is painful...Glad to hear your headaches have abated.

BF, it looks like February is a bad month for a lot of people. I hope things start looking up soon. My remedy for times like this is to "temporise", i.e. I postpone feeling, I postpone thinking, I postpone drinking (oups, I should have out that in the first place), I postpone a lot of things except the most pressing ones.

Gillmer, hope you're well. How is McDo? You're right. I thought I'd still be healing from the depression of downtime but no, I took right to it, so much so in fact that I worry I might become hypomaniac. I've slept very little since I started because I'm stressed. I thrive in stress but I must be careful I don't overdo it. Sleep is so important isn't it, before food, healthy sleep is the backbone of mental health.

Everyone else who is struggling with AV, surf the craves !!! For those of us struggling with snow, snow and more snow, courage, spring will show up.

Have a great day everyone,

DP
XX
Old 02-19-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Oh and I forgot to say that I used to drink in my most intense moments of stress after work. I'd finish writing at 9 pm, made dinner and started drinking until I crashed. So I shall also be mindful of that.
cheers,
Dottie
PS: I realise DG and DP is very close so I will resort to calling myself Dottie.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Dottie, I'm glad work is going well, and I would say you are definitely not being complacent about urges, you have considered the times they would usually kick in, so just be glad that as yet, you have not felt any. I really do believe in the adage ' Forewarned is forearmed' it has helped me a lot recently to recognise my cravings for what they are, and give me the impetus to fight them. You have obviously, if unintentionally, used alcohol to sleep before when working, perhaps setting an alarm to go off at a reasonable time in the evening to put down your pen and do some relaxation exercises and maybe use an app to sleep.

DG, I'm glad the headache is better, as for the heartache, hon, I'm still not too sure what your expectations are from your long distance 'crush'. Do you talk or only text? Is there a plan to meet up? I just wonder if you are over investing in a remote possibility because you are unable as yet to confront what you to with current bf. You are worth so much more than either of these relationships, I believe that for your sake as well as theirs you must begin to sort things out. I feel you will be in an emotional turmoil until you do.

BF, what has got you down? I know you have been working more hours, and I'm sure all the stress of the new mortgage and bills is telling. Remember also that you can expect mood swings in the first months. I'm so glad you wrote here and read your book, I have to admit to being concerned that you "wasn't going to bother checking in here" when the last time you slipped you realised the need to be here more. I feel that if you are taking today and tomorrow off, invest the time wisely in reminding yourself how far you have come in your fight, what a strong wonderful young woman you are. Think of all the things you are achieving in your sobriety, that you would not have managed sober. There is nothing to miss about alcohol, it is poison pure and simple, poisons the body, the mind, the heart and your life. And you my sweet, are worth so very much more than that.

Gilmer, how is your friend doing? You are so supportive here, I can only imagine what a comforting understanding friend you are in the flesh.

Courage, how are you doing today? Still 'fine'? Or did you find something to punch?

Dax, sounds like you have quite a history there, we have a few AA adherents here and some who have slips after years sober. It would be interesting, when you feel ready to hear more. It certainly does sound like an intensive program, no wonder you are tired!

Oh Dottie, I wished I could believe that spring was around the corner, I have to say I am heartily sick of snow! Tough the sunshine in between is welcome, I think any more dreich Scottish days and I would have developed ricketts! I think it's above freezing today ( I still function in centigrade ) so I hope to get out shopping. I'm not a shopper at heart, but I have to buy some dress shoes for NYC I daren't leave it til we arrive incase I don't find any. I have awkward feet!

Happy Hump Day everyone xx