Notices

Class of January 2014 Part3

Old 01-09-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

What is the best way to find meetings. I am mainly looking for meetings with speakers right now. Last meeting I went to was listed as such, but it turned out to be a Big Book study group. Would appreciate some pointers. Thank you.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Close call today, but luckily no wine around. Long day with kids providing them with all sorts of wonderful experiences (whale watching, snorkeling in the crater of a volcano, observing sea turtles in their natural habitat, then a trip to the ice cream store). Then all hell broke loose after we hit the beach. Fighting, whining, refusing to share, throwing sand on total strangers, being mean to the 4-year old in our group. I wanted to throttle each and every one of them. Of course, I did not do that but instead talked them through each drama fit. Didn't get a moment to relax. Daydreamed of a bottle of chilled white.

This is often how feel when I get home from work. Beginning to worry about how I will handle the stress after we get home. The sun has set on Day 11...
Old 01-10-2014, 01:06 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Oh forest runner I hear you!!! My kids drive me mad today too and I am so craving that wine at the moment, badly!!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Day ten. I'm feeling very tired despite a good night's sleep, think an early one is in order tonight. Been a bit irritable this morning and a bit anxious about the weekend now but now I can and will pull through without a drink. I guess I'm just feeling like it's only been ten days but feels like ten months, once January is out of the way then I don't think I'll be so preoccupied with counting the days any more.

But again, reading these posts on here makes me remember the bad times, and that there's no good times to be had from alcohol consumption. And again I think I'm just experiencing the fear slightly.

I'll win the battle though, without a doubt.

Happy Friday one and all.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:22 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Morning all, Day 10 for me today. Feeling so much better than I did a couple of nights ago although still get waves of craving coming over me. I feel it's going to be a tough night tonight, it's my daughters 21st bday and going out for a meal with the family. My av is already saying 'it's only one night, you can drink tonight as it's a milestone for my daughter' and it doesn't help my family are all saying 'you can have a drink, it's no big deal'. (They don't know about my drinking problem. They think I'm just giving up for January). Anyway I will stay strong and am so hoping I will post here hangover free tomorrow.

Congratulations everyone!!!! You're all doing great!!!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome big shoe

anyone struggling today/tonight - keep posting

D
Old 01-10-2014, 02:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

Good Morning ~ Day 10 for me.
Neat looking to where my name is on the roster and seeing it moving up or down because there are more people joining in this month
Looking forward to getting the work day over and being back home snuggled in my house. I'm ready for summer or even spring --- tired of this cold already!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Ineedhelp you can do it
Old 01-10-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I may as well slip under the radar here, on day 12 now and going fairly strong still. I'm exercising EVERY day and have lost all of the weight i put on over Christmas and more.

I'm starting in my first football match tomorrow since a car crash 18 months ago which ended up breaking my foot for the third time, bit risky but thats a proud moment for me. It can be a trigger though as after we have a few beers. Tomorrow is an away game so as soon as i'm back at the club house i'm straight in my car and off home, not taking any chances.

I have booked holiday off work and after today i have 16 days off. I've planned this to just re charge my batteries, have a long bit of me time, keep fit and i'm only going out when i'm ready or need to. Kind of like my own rehab!

My AV is talking a lot today, but i think a break will do me good.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 10…going strong…..funny….trying to stay off here in the evenings….for some reason reading these post makes me want to drink……I guess because I think about it…….I now stay off the sight and lift weights and run…or work in the garage to focus my brain on something other than drinking………..I get on here in the morning with coffee before work…….less risk that way….:-)
Old 01-10-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dbskid View Post
Day 10…going strong…..funny….trying to stay off here in the evenings….for some reason reading these post makes me want to drink……I guess because I think about it…….I now stay off the sight and lift weights and run…or work in the garage to focus my brain on something other than drinking………..I get on here in the morning with coffee before work…….less risk that way….:-)
Same here which is strange as you read the struggles people are going through,adding the struggles you go through yet still want to drink?!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

One major change I've realised are that I seem to have actually stopped shaking, the first time I've noticed it for a long time. That was always a big embarrassment when sober, having the shakes. It's not something you can easily mask either when handing something to someone.

Yet another positive for giving up.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone. Starting day 16 and off to work soon. No need to hit the grocery store this evening, so no temptation there. I'm happy to report that sleep has returned without the need of Sleepytime tea, three nights now of blissful, natural sleep. Hoping to cash in on some extra time this evening.

Anyone struggling, listen to Dee and post way. Not only will it help to pass time, someone may just post the message you need to kick that craving to the curb.

Here's to another sober weekend!
Old 01-10-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Made it to day 2 without a hitch, had a great nights sleep. I joined the sober weekend thread as I am sure I will have a lot of down time this weekend. Idle hands are the devils workshop and all that.

Tonight is gonna be a lot of fun, one of my best friends is having a get together tonight with all of our friends to watch some Movies and eat pizza, and ill probably down a gallon of soda. They are very supportive of me and there will be no alcohol in the house. they are a fantastic support system for me even though they dont really understand why I just cant have 1 and that be the end of it. These guys probably only drink 1 or 2 beers a month. drives me nuts... lol.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 3.
Sleep last night was pretty divine after the initial anxiety. My husband was SHOCKED to see me out of bed by 7:15
Thanks to who ever suggested a non-sugary snack for panic attacks, who would thunk? It worked!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I also took the non-sugary snack idea and I gotta tell you, eating a muffin and just closed my eyes listening to podcasts. Very excited to have made it to Day 4.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Like a few others, today is day 10 for me. Reached double digits, although haven't completed double digits. Feeling pretty good. I think I've been catching up on 20 years of lack of real sleep because I am feeling exhausted after a great night's sleep now.

Stay strong today class. Just concentrate on tonight, forget about tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thanks Newstar. Am focused. Fingers and everything else crossed.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dbskid View Post
Funny, as it works the opposite for me... Fills me time also...

I need to find a hobby!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Speaking of hobbies, I finally picked up my banjo for the first time in 6 months. Feels really good to play again.