Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 23

Old 01-06-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree with the 24 hour club reading Deeker is very motivational.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi all, hope everyone is well, had a good day looking after my girls then went to an AA meeting. Interesting reading your post Kane Felt great and positive about the AA programme last night and after another meeting but tonight for some reason im questioning it all, my big dilemma is the sponsor issue and I suppose 'working the steps', I do feel better and that my life is going well, and I do enjoy the meetings and social side of it all I just feel cautious about having a sponsor and feeling obliged to doing everything they say, ive had one in the past and it was too intense and I ended up leaving AA and ultimately drinking again, think I felt I had to go along with everything he said even when I had doubts about some aspects, I was scared that it looked like I didn't really want to stop drinking, which I did and still do. Im fearful of regretting asking someone and it going wrong again, but when im in the meetings I feel a tinge of guilt when I hear how important the steps are. Im not questioning the point of sobriety and I do feel something has changed in me im just questioning the point of rocking the boat when im doing ok without the steps, I do believe 100% that I am alcoholic so I guess ive cracked step 1 already. AGGGGHHH!!!! My heads mangled with it all tonight!!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

prayers and best wishes for you and kiddo Renarde
great to see you back fifth

anyone seen Hooped again or UI?

D
Old 01-06-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good morning all, pretty ordinary weather here.

Dee/Renarde: thanks for the links and the book recommendation. Interesting discussions that go back and forth. I actually found another book on that page which addresses my point a little more specifically. Amazon.com: One Breath at a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps eBook: Kevin Griffin: Kindle Store

Renarde: all the very very best for kiddo's operation. Both you and your child are in my thoughts today. Pls do keep close here

1Step: the Steps and Sponsor are important I think as they make the program very personal and intimate. IMO, steps 1-3 are crucial to understand in the early days. It makes comprehending your alcoholism a lot easier.

Fifth: what sort of daily readings are you seeking ?

THanks everyone for their support as well ! My preliminary conclusion is that I will do further research and as well discuss how to interprete/adjust the 12 steps to suit me.

Have a lovely day/evening all ! Thanks as ever
Old 01-06-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

thinking about renarde and kiddo today
Old 01-06-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I echo Kane, Dee and Talia, in wishing all the best for kiddo's operation Renarde.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts for you and kiddo tomorrow, Renarde!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you!

My flu seems to be fighting back and I am back on that stupid cough syrup. I don't understand it! Going to have to power through it. I had so many plans to workout and be productive over break but it just isn't working out that way.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Just take care of your health, renarde. It is what is most important right now. You were very sick, and baby needs you to be well. rest, relax, hydrate, etc...
Old 01-06-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Renarde, I am praying for you for and kiddo. Know that we are all thinking of you and lifting you up!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
prayers and best wishes for you and kiddo Renarde
great to see you back fifth

anyone seen Hooped again or UI?

D
I sent UI a message a few days ago but haven't heard back from him.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I think my last slip taught me an important lesson I felt so bad for days now I don't even have the desire for. Maybe I am getting better
Old 01-06-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'll say a little prayer for you and kiddo Renarde.

I'm still going strong and so is Mrs. Hooped. It helps with a dry household. Daughter is not alcoholic but when she wants to drink she goes over to a friends. She agreed not to bring booze into the house. She really helped me with my last detox, Checked up on me every hour while I shook in my studio, and finally made me take a couple of her anxiety pills which knocked me out for 11 hours, but stopped the shaking entirely. She knows her stuff.

All the best to everyone. Life is not always a bowl of cherries but we can still find beauty even our darkest moments. Today will never come again.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hooped View Post
I'll say a little prayer for you and kiddo Renarde.

I'm still going strong and so is Mrs. Hooped. It helps with a dry household. Daughter is not alcoholic but when she wants to drink she goes over to a friends. She agreed not to bring booze into the house. She really helped me with my last detox, Checked up on me every hour while I shook in my studio, and finally made me take a couple of her anxiety pills which knocked me out for 11 hours, but stopped the shaking entirely. She knows her stuff.

All the best to everyone. Life is not always a bowl of cherries but we can still find beauty even our darkest moments. Today will never come again.
Great to know you are still with us, Hooped! Keep it up.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

So glad to hear you guys are staying dry Hooped. Sounds like you have a great daughter.

I also messaged UI but haven't heard back.

There's still a spot for you here UI!

Thanks again guys for the thoughts and the support and encouragement to take care of myself. I'll no doubt be posting when I'm waiting during the procedure. I was able to go grocery shopping today so we have lots of good food and I cleaned up the house too.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Also kiddo can't eat after midnight - currently having the second dinner.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Hooped View Post
Life is not always a bowl of cherries but we can still find beauty even our darkest moments. Today will never come again.
Reminds me of Stephen King - I had to go look it up: "And will I tell you that these three lived happily ever after? I will not, for no one ever does. But there was happiness. And they did live."

I have interpreted Mr. King to mean ~ one day at a time. Even in dark days, there is happiness if you're looking.

I'm so glad you are doing good Hooped.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Nothing exciting over here. Lol. Still sober! I don't even know how long now. I stopped September 15th...: so like almost 4 months? Not missing it unless I'm around a bunch of people drinking and feel left out. My son just had his 5th birthday and I'm just loving his age right now. He's a brilliant little boy and I know he's going to do well in life. He's much happier, well behaved and disciplined since I stopped drinking and taking care of myself. My daughter has been better too but she's only 2 1/2 is also just an easy kid. I'm dealing with my new ADD diagnosis and feeling really positive about my future. I'd been depressed for years and years I'm realizing. First time in probably a decade I feel positive and happy about my life. It's amazing. alcohol really did rob me of a lot. Robbed me of my 20s basically. I know I don't post here much but is like to start so I can connect with some if you folks. I need to talk to people that are like me so I can remember what my focus is. I'm going to try and start posting once a day!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hooped: glad to see you're doing well !

83Mama: isn't it nice not to have any drama in your life keep posting !
Old 01-06-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi all. Had a nice evening celebrating my son's bday. He had a rough day, but the bday festivities this evening cheered him up. It was just his requested dinner, a cake he requested I make and a couple of family gifts. He has a friend party on the weekend. Not too huge, and at a place, so I only need to make a cake and do some goody bags for that. I am working on a volunteer thing I need to do at school tomorrow am, first thing. so, not much time, but checking in.

Goodnight all!