Notices

Class of January 2014 Part 2

Old 01-04-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I wanted to respond to the 'eating-alot-now' posts that its possible your body is trying to replenish itself with nutrients it's lost from damage caused by the poisons going into it as well as metabolism rate is being affected as the body is trying to detox and burn off the alcohol so it's needing more 'gas' right now to keep the engines going.
Just my theory. As a 'mostly-vegetarian' I find myself hungry *a lot*, so I would keep that in mind with a firm plan in place on how to get a steady amount of protein as well.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Omg Forestrunner you are awesome!!! That would've been a massive challenge for me!!!! If you can get through that, you can get through a girls day too!!! Woohoo
Old 01-04-2014, 10:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberella66 View Post
I wanted to respond to the 'eating-alot-now' posts that its possible your body is trying to replenish itself with nutrients it's lost from damage caused by the poisons going into it as well as metabolism rate is being affected as the body is trying to detox and burn off the alcohol so it's needing more 'gas' right now to keep the engines going. Just my theory. As a 'mostly-vegetarian' I find myself hungry *a lot*, so I would keep that in mind with a firm plan in place on how to get a steady amount of protein as well.
Ahhh so eating choc and chips isn't doing my body any favours!! Eek
Old 01-04-2014, 10:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I think you should be fine New Star. Chocolate & chips is so much better than that icky poison, for sure. Don't be too hard on yourself in the beginning.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I lived on chocolate and chips for a while in the early days LOL - so long as you make it short term, you'll be fine

D
Old 01-04-2014, 10:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!! I plan to go for a run tomorrow and burn some off
Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

End of Day 5

Been feeling great after all the great support I've gotten here at SR!

So I decided to go to a basement show last minute to get out of the house and it was great! There was a lot of BYOB and a lot of younger drunk people, and they were slurring words and losing balance. I'm sure I've been there before... and I definitely don't want to again. It was nice to actually experience the bands vividly and remember peoples names when they said it to me for a change. It was nice to also be around some people I know without my usual beer in hand and in bright spirits.

I then went to my buddies place, which I have partied at a few times. They were drinking, but I just had a water and it was no big deal. It sure beat sitting home drinking or sulking.

On the way home I had an urge, but surfed right through it content with the night I had.

I know more challenges are ahead, but I'm not going to let me guard down. Getting ready for Day 6!!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Wow go MM!! Ultimate temptation and you did it!!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You guys are doing great ;-) keep posting xx
Old 01-05-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I've worked out from a website that a can of beer I had been drinking was approx 200 empty calories :o so that's 5000 calories less already or the equivalent of what a male should have over 2days just to survive Lookin forward to this reflecting in my waist band
Old 01-05-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey all great to hear you're all doing so well!

Day 5 today, feeling fine but totally drained and started to lose patience with lazy me!

Back to work tomorrow, can't say I'm looking forward tl it but maybe it will be good for me to be back in the land of the living

Have a good day all and stay strong!
Old 01-05-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Day 7 is here and I feel stronger for having a week under my belt. Last night turned down a glass of wine with my parents at dinner. They aren't big/problem drinkers and didn't bat an eye at my choosing water. They put the top back on for later....I really don't know where I get my alcoholic ways of drinking!!

Anyway, today really feels like new year has begun for some reason (perhaps the mid week Christmas & New year, broken up by work!!)

So today I'm tidying my flat and getting it 'sober sazzle ready'. Decluttering, throwing out broken and unused things and lots of ebaying.

Have a great Sunday everyone S x
Old 01-05-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm back to day 2 unfortunately, my AV got the better of me. Nothing massive, managed to stop at 1 drink which was very lucky. I want complete sobriety however and I'm not giving up just yet. Heading to a smart meeting tonight
Old 01-05-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Wow - what a day 8 I have had! I think I discovered that my massive sweating from my face and head is being caused by panic or anxiety attacks. I went to work this morning and started sweating profusely, rapid heart beat and deep breaths wouldn't calm me. I finally closed the door in my office, closed my eyes and started counting backwards from 100 while squeezing a ball. It took me 2 hours to get back to normal and stop sweating.

I seriously thought about running to get a drink to calm me down - it was mortifying and scary at the same time. Thank god I didn't have any meetings. I do hope this stops soon ... People at work are noticing and I can't keep saying I'm under the weather.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grindilow View Post
I'm back to day 2 unfortunately, my AV got the better of me. Nothing massive, managed to stop at 1 drink which was very lucky. I want complete sobriety however and I'm not giving up just yet. Heading to a smart meeting tonight
A massive congratulations for getting back so quickly. I am curious about the smart meeting, please post an update when you can. Stay strong, Grindilow, you can do this!
Old 01-05-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Grindilow - Great job recognizing you needed to stop!! Keep it going, I wouldn't even consider that but a very minor hiccup. Keep up the great work!!
Old 01-05-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Lulu - Keep strong. Just keep reminding yourself how great your life is going to be without having this struggle the rest of your life.

Try planning your day so your busy and don't have time to spend thinking about the drinking. Sounds like your mind is in overdrive and stressing yourself out. Is there something you enjoy doing that could take your mind off things for 15 minutes, and maybe it'll subside?
Old 01-05-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 5 here. No strong anxiety about things at this point. Over the last 3-6 months I spend a lot of time trying to figure out my personal purpose/long-term vision/goals and did a lot of soul searching. What I came up with were about 6-8 really important buckets in my life.

It hit me like a ton of bricks that the bucket that has been consuming most of my energy (drinking) every week has no place at all in my life when considering my current 6-8 important buckets. For me, I think it brought some peace of mind thinking clearly where I wanted my life to go. When I get an urge, I just look at my life's priorities and say "No Thanks." It seems to be helping.

I was motivated by many of the healthy living posts. Think I may be off to the treadmill.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hiya All ;-)

LULU . Oh wow , do i hear you . It's absolutely the pits when you have to go to work and cant keep saying you are under the weather . This too shall pass . I felt as I was going through it , that it was never going to end.

I took myself off to the toilets at work , just to lock the door , hide away and breathe again.

Now 6 months on , i had forgotten those symptoms til you just brought it up ...yet at the time it was Soooo real and so bad i never thought i was going to get past it . I did ....just like everything else .

It doesn't last and you are getting through the worst of it .

It gets better , i promise you .

So proud of you guys ...well done on your support of each other , you are all a great bunch of people xxxx

This January thread rocks

Old 01-05-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi EagerforChange, it's great to hear you posting so positively on day 5! You are definitely onto something; I need to plan some short and long term goals and stop floating through life. I'll have to give that some serious thought. Day 11 here and now I need to address my less than healthy eating over the past month!