Notices

Class of January 2014

Old 01-01-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlygirl View Post
I am going to bed sober tonight for the first time in a long time. I have a plan of support to help me stop drinking and start living the life I want to live. Next week I start telephone based alcohol counselling ( I did the initial assessment in Dec) and I also start a mindfulness course next week to help me better manage anxiety (did a taster session in Dec and feel very positive that it will be helpful). I am still going to need lots of support for the daily chattering voice in my head which questions my reasons for stopping drinking. I hope to get that here at SR and I am sure we will all help each other along.

Go January class!

Carly
Welcome Carlygirl!

That sounds like a great plan!

Feels strange doesn't it - going to sleep without head buzzing
Old 01-01-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm in too. This makes a good refresh date and I start with a little program next week. Vicious cycle. 1 time a week, once every 2 weeks, once a month, any one of those is too much and ruining my life. That chattering voice is getting me too, can't wait to start group therapy Wednesday.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hey Sazzle, yes, I felt the same as you!!! Time to refocus and get back at it!! It's been a good quiet New Years Day here... Just some domestic chores and getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. Gonna feel good getting up tomorrow and for that I am grateful!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Welcome:

TTBABP
Pmaub
Halfvictory
Medion
Carlygirl
and Johnny555

Our class is growing in strength and numbers! What a great support we will all be to each other!!!

Thanks Dee for popping in to say hi and welcome us!! I hope you come here often! Your words are so helpful and true! We need that!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm in! 2014 is going to be a great year!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Welcome Mulligan!!! Glad you are here!!'
Old 01-01-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Wow so great to see so many if you in the same boat as me.. Been through this before but ready to get serious because life is so much better sober.
Carly and Johnny, counseling is such a great idea to give you that extra support. I know I would benefit tremendously, I just keep dragging my feet.
Going to bed and waking up sober is probably my biggest motivator! I've been in this cycle of a few evenings of drinking (too much usually) followed by a week or two of sobriety. Of course it's a long way from daily drinking like I had done for years, but I want out of that cycle.
I'm loving this group, I knew January would be a big one and it's awesome!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hallo and happy New Year to everyone. Thanks for your support in 2013. Sober for 4 months now and ready to keep this way
Old 01-01-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Congrats Binge on 4 months!!! That's awesome!!! Welcome aboard!!

I agree with you Forabetterlife, this class is going to be a great help!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I quit drinking for almost a year, and messed up the past few weeks really mad at myself. Starting new today! Healthy 2014!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome all you new guys

This thread is really jumping

D
Old 01-01-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I would like to join -working on a new me
Old 01-01-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Red face I went out...for a while

Hello 2014 class. Its nice of you to let me join

I have set up a plan for the next 7 days.

Seeing a new doc - going to actually tell the truth, instead "of yeah a couple glasses of wine a week". Maybe I can get help there too.

I am reading a you can do it book.

I am back here again (a little humble pie never hurt anyone).

I hear map my run is a good ap for fitness...thats going to the top of the list too.

I know these next few days are going to be ugly.

I can do this - We all can - sharing our successes along the way - hats off to class 2014 day 1 for me!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Peeka View Post
I quit drinking for almost a year, and messed up the past few weeks really mad at myself. Starting new today! Healthy 2014!
Me too...Don't beat yourself up ... You are here now and we just have to find what we were missing in our recovery plan and move forward!!
Welcome Peeka!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Having a plan is a great thing Pataphor

does anyone else have any ideas on plans?

D
  # 96 (permalink)  

Pataphor - map my run && my fitness pal also so you can make sure your eating right

Sounds like you have a good plan! I should probably make one too, at least for the first few weeks... Feels impossible ugh!
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shellflower View Post
I would like to join -working on a new me
Welcome Shellflower!!! Glad you made it over here!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pataphor View Post
Hello 2014 class. Its nice of you to let me join I have set up a plan for the next 7 days. Seeing a new doc - going to actually tell the truth, instead "of yeah a couple glasses of wine a week". Maybe I can get help there too. I am reading a you can do it book. I am back here again (a little humble pie never hurt anyone). I hear map my run is a good ap for fitness...thats going to the top of the list too. I know these next few days are going to be ugly. I can do this - We all can - sharing our successes along the way - hats off to class 2014 day 1 for me!
Good plan Paraphor!!!
Welcome aboard!!!
Can't wait to hear how it is going!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Happy new year! I've read the forums here for a while now, but never made an account until today. I'd say I'm a somewhat private person, but I think this message board is a great tool as I try to improve my life :-)

I feel like I've let things get away from me over the last 3-4 years. I'm blessed with an amazing job and am still relatively early in my career, however much of the stress associated with it has manifested itself with a regular cycle of alcohol abuse. While this part of my life thankfully has never interfered with my professional life, I can see where this can lead, and I'd rather not reach that point...

In the end, it doesn't make any sense to continue a lifestyle like this, and it's time for a positive change. I know it's definitely not as simple as this, but my hope is that I can look back at this post in the future as a new and improved person both mentally and physically :-)
Old 01-01-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I have lied to myself and everyone that I do not have a problem- but my first thought after work is getting a beer- never just one- pretty much drink all night and ignore the world around me.

I drink and do not remember I had so many blackouts over the past year 😞 I love the taste of beer but recently ...

I have never said these things before-

This next few days will be tough but I can do it- I need to do it