Notices

Class of January 2014

Old 01-01-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Would like to make this year my first sober year.
You can say that again. Likewise. Let's do it
Old 01-01-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi all Im signing up for a dry January....
Old 01-01-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sign me up for a sober 2014
Old 01-01-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Talking Starting Day 2

I'm in on this for sure! and
Old 01-01-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey y'all. Good luck everyone.

Sorry to bring negative vibes but today I am absolutely GAGGING for a drink. I've only done 5 consecutive alco-free days but for me over the festive period it's a massive achievement. I thought New Year's Day of all days would be a positive one, don't really understand why I feel like this.. man I even had a sober NY's Eve for the first time in 18 years!!!

Anxiety is creeping back and I feel weak
Old 01-01-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rose1234 View Post
Hey y'all. Good luck everyone.

Sorry to bring negative vibes but today I am absolutely GAGGING for a drink. I've only done 5 consecutive alco-free days but for me over the festive period it's a massive achievement. I thought New Year's Day of all days would be a positive one, don't really understand why I feel like this.. man I even had a sober NY's Eve for the first time in 18 years!!!

Anxiety is creeping back and I feel weak
YOu feel like this because its an addiction.

Grind it out Folks I am in the Jan 2012 group, now

nearly 2 years sober in 12 days

Good luck to you all , just do it, do not hope you will stay sober hoping is no good , JUST MAKE YOUR PLAN and do it ! ( search AVRT
/bullets on google and read and follow the bullets, not allowed to put link on here)

Good things await .
Old 01-01-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rose1234 View Post
Hey y'all. Good luck everyone. Sorry to bring negative vibes but today I am absolutely GAGGING for a drink. I've only done 5 consecutive alco-free days but for me over the festive period it's a massive achievement. I thought New Year's Day of all days would be a positive one, don't really understand why I feel like this.. man I even had a sober NY's Eve for the first time in 18 years!!! Anxiety is creeping back and I feel weak
Hey Rose, posting about it is definitely the right thing to do. You can do this Having messed up and been on a bender myself, 2 days later I'm still feeling really anxious and upset about it. Is you taking that drink worth whatever happens afterwards? You've done so well to get 5 days over the festive period, you can keep it up
Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone;
I'm from the October class and wishing you all well.

Grindilow and Rose, hang in there these first days.
Post a lot here and go to the 24 hour club thread if you need to.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
Welcome class of January 2014!!! For those that are new to SR youre going to love it here! I'm giving you guys my first post of the year Dazzle that's my old avatar...I've got a good feeling this time for you! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Thanks ImperfectlyMe. I've got a good feeling this time too, fellow Wonderwoman!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm in for a new beginning for the new year! I'm on day 3 and grateful to wake up hangover and alcohol free, ready to keep it that way. Forever still scares the c**p out of me so I'm taking it one day, one month at a time. Alcohol free for January and take it from there...
Old 01-01-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys, I'd like to jump in here for a fresh start. Im so grateful for a sober New Year's Day, especially since my two year old daughter woke me up at exactly 6:30am at full throttle. Whew, SO glad I'm not hungover right now! I really want 2014 to be the year I figure this out.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Happy New Year SR peeps!!!
I too am joining this class for a fresh start. I originally joined in February of last year.

I did well for a long time, but then slowly the stinkin thinkin caught up to me and I was having a glass of wine now and again thinking I was alright with it... Nothing horrible has happened (YET) and no benders or bouts of drunkenness (YET), but OF COURSE the "now and again" has become much more often and it is creeping in to my life again. I DON'T WANT THAT!!!

I am here often reading and learning and I contribute what I can, but I've been talking a talk that I have not necessarily walked very well. That ends now!!

I am an ACOA, a codependent, and an alcoholic myself, so I have lots of work to do, and I know that I have to get down to the serious business of recovery on many levels...

It is always easy for me to jump in to share kind words and try to help, but really hard for me to share my troubles, so I vow to be more open and honest in 2014 with myself and others and actively seek the support and wisdom of those who come before me.

I spent a nice quiet evening last night and did not drink and I feel good this morning. Gonna hit the pavement for a walk and hit the tennis ball against the wall for a bit and I will be here OFTEN!!!

Happy New Year peeps!! I am Grateful to be a part of this wonderful community.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Wow Kat60, I could have written that myself. I too joined the February class of 2013, did very well...nearly 100 days, then the AV raised its ugly head. I'm ready to commit to a sober 2014, starting day 7 today and feeling good about this.

Hello everyone, wishing each and every one of us a happy, healthy and sober new year!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to Us!
I'm on Day 3 and this is my class. Right now, I'm just working on it day by day, and not try and make things too complicated.

Its going to be a great month and a great year!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Let's do this thing together Odelle, along with the support and love of all of us in the class of Jan 2014 and the entire SR family!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Welcome Emkay!!! Glad you are here!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Welcome all of you! I, too, am from the class of October...stopping by to wish you all the best of sobriety in 2014! Kat, your story sounds a lot like mine....many years of sobriety...always followed by the thought that I could drink like a "normal" person....lots of attempts at moderation that ended in full blown binges/relapses. Getting too old for this stuff....hang in there everyone! You can do this! I never want to go through detox again (and I don't have to) This time was the first detox for me....and it does get soooo much better. I love being sober, waking up feeling great and not having to worry about what I did/said/didn't do last night....hugs to you all!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the new folks in the January class. I am a November baby so starting day 51 on 1/1/14. Stick with SR, your plan, ( you must have a plan), and your unending desire to change your life for the better. It will not be an easy journey. The sober life outweighs the short term pain. These folks on SR are on every stage of sobriety, been there, done that.
Use them for advice, support, shoulder to cry on, friends to cheer you on your milestones.
Only drunks and users can truly understand drunks and users.
Best wishes to all of us.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Welcome also to:
Lulu, Brad, Sazzle, Avra, Grindilow, Jazzfish, Matt, Tang, Martina, Snaggle, Grahamm, Rose, Forabetterlife, and Briar!!
(Hope I didn't miss anyone!!)

Thank you SO MUCH to all of you from previous classes for dropping by to lend your support. I hope you visit us often with your ESH! We'll need it!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

What I have learned is that the insatiable craving for alcoholically drinking is reignited by that first drink. So my plan is to not give into the first drink. I never want to go through the misery of getting through the first few days again.