Notices

Class of March 2013 - Part 22

Old 01-04-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I loved both of those! Some of the funniest moments in film! The part where the little girl walks in on John Cleese...
Old 01-04-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mr T is half way across the Atlantic now, and I am counting down my shifts, just 4 to go. I have also booked the lock up for some of our more treasured possessions, and will begin wrapping and packing tomorrow. I have a van coming Friday for the bigger stuff, but I have access to add things if I don't get it all sorted by then.

It doesn't feel real, ( I'd say I feel like Dorothy, but I'm on the anti side I'm afraid, Glenda gave me diabetes she was so sweet, yeesh! ) I have a lot to sort out, and also need to make time to meet up with friends before I leave. I won't get to see my older brother and nephews, or my pals on the coast, one of which nearing 90 I have to realistically accept I may never see again, but I can still call.

Och it's been a long day, and I can't think straight, will check in tomorrow

DD, be straight with her; after giving it some thought, you don't feel comfortable meeting up with her, you had thought you would be ok about it, but you just don't. End of.

Bye, Marcher13, and anyone else I have forgotten ( that should make you feel better!!!)
Old 01-04-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. Isn't it cold where you all are? I saw the footage on TV of both the US and the UK. And poor Dee, isn't it hot where you are? Temperature records are falling all over the northern half of Australia.

DD how did you get on with telling the young lady dinner was a no-go?

I had to smile when Sass told Mr Toots to bring his boots, I think I'd have to bring every item of clothing I own and wear it all at once!

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
It is true that the chicken fat in homemade chicken noodle soup contains decongestive properties. Tomato soup? Not so much...
Yep it's true, it has anti-inflammatory properties from the minerals in the chicken bones, it speeds up the production of movement of mucous, the heat of the soup helps break congestion and it provides much needed fluid.

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
I'm sorry sweet marcher!!!

It was very late and I was quite tired. ((((((Hug)))))))
Oh sweetie I was stirring you. ((((((Hug))))))) I'd forget my own name if I didn't have it written in front of me.

Have a good and sober day Julyers.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was 42 yesterday Marcher, but I managed to get into some air conditioning.

today will be a more manageable 30 or so lol

D
Old 01-04-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post

Have a good and sober day Julyers.
You're just a laugh-a-minute, Marcher

Toots, I hear ya! This is a big change for both you and Mr T, with more to come. Most big changes have their good and bad aspects but they're all better sober. Is he heading directly to Beantown? Do you both yet have season tickets to the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Patriots and whatever else they have in the way of teams in that sports lovers' Mecca? Then in the spring there is the lovely sight of boats on the Charles River. Plus shopping that is way better than up my way in backwoods country, museums, etc etc! Love that place. :-)
Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi Toots - thinking of you as you prepare to make the move to Boston. I love Beantown but it will be a big change. Maybe begin exploring some coffee shops or restaurants and pick one or two for your favorites and visit them often so it feels more like home. My favorite place is a Greek diner in the South End on Tremont. Unfortunately, my favorite Italian place in the North End has closed, but lots of good Italian places there to choose from.

Shoes, prepare yourself. We'll be somewhere between -20 and -30 (F) starting tomorrow and I think it will be heading your way. The governor has already closed the schools for Monday, when we should be even colder. Parts of Minnesota are now colder than where the Mars rover is. Spent a lot of time outside today with the dogs to try and wear them out since it will be too cold for walks until mid-week.

Movies! Here are my favorites:

Moonstruck

Fargo (Do you like that one Babs? I know it annoys some native Minnesota and North Dakota folks, but being from Philly, I find it very true and very funny).

Dr. Strangelove

Radio Days (we watch this one every new years eve)

Doing okay - we were outside much of today and the sun was exceedingly bright.

Big love to all Marchers!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
I sent the email, Marcher. She called me unstable and that she doesn't have time for that. Whatever.

Onward and upward, I guess. Thanks all for helping me deal with this.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

North, love moonstruck too! I saw it in the theater with my dad and be translated for me when they muttered or yelled in Italian. We laughed twice as much as everyone else!

Dd, seriously? She called you unstable? Miss my libido is too big for just one peen? My brother has a term for that, and I'm already stretching it here so will refrain... Well that's pretty rich. And who says only guys are jerks when they don't get what they want? Run away!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

North, i'm ashamed. I haven't seen one of those movies on your list and I have actually on heard of one: Fargo! Sounds like I need to do some down loading or take a trip to the movie store...........us Ozzies (adopted or genuine) still don't have that Netflix thingy you all talk about so I believe, correct me if i'm wrong Marcher/Dee.

DD, I know it's superbly corny but how could you not love the 'Wizard of Oz"..........it was just escapism long before "Avatar" and LSD!

Okay North here's my list:
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Trainspotting
  • Life is Beautiful
  • It's a Wonderful Life (my Christmas watch)
  • Monty python
  • Four Weddings and a Funeral

Oh and Crouching Tiger hidden Dragon.

Oh, now I really need to go to the DVD store.

Hope you all well folks and not freezing your bottoms off too much. I don't envy you in the slightest. the news reports make me shiver.

Toots, thinking of you, today can't be easy.

LP xxx
Old 01-04-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wouldn't know LTP but I don't think netflix is here yet?

Something called Quickflix is starting tho, and I believe Telstra does a similar thing too if you're with them and have some extra money lying around LOL

I just watch DVDs

D
Old 01-04-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

There's something quite nice bout us being in the back of beyond Dee. There's nothing wrong with old skool. Bring back the pen and paper I say. Hope you well.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

not as hot today

D
Old 01-05-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I love Moonstruck too North, also "Mystic Pizza" which i believe was Julia Roberts first film.

Stay cool Dee.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:23 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, mr T arrived safely in Beantown ( perhaps an aptly named place for a man with such unfortunate issues with flatulence!!)
I have much to do, which is why I am still lying in bed at 11! Procrastinating! Yup.

Films, hmm Goodfellas, Shawshank Redemtion, Calamity Jane, Oliver!, make of that what you will, amateur psychologists!

DD, obviously a bullet dodged.

Wehav when is J due back?

Sass did you tell your boss where to go?

LP, just as well you have broadband. Have you spoken to the manager downstairs again? Perhaps while you are sober and feeling positive, you ought to ask him to ban you permanently from the store, and make sure he stands by it!

Babs, how's the exercise going?

Gilmer what's new?

North, I will be PMing you constantly once I move! I do like the idea of finding one or two places and becoming familiar, it certainly helps to feel comfortable if you begin to recognise faces and have conversations. I'm not sure if I will be very homesick or not, this is a totally new situation to me. I have never had roots, or my own family before, and where ever I lived in England I never felt part of the soil the way I do here. I firmly believe I have some kind of ancestral memories of Scotland, it will always be 'home' to me.

Marcher, what's on the menu today?

Budd, to hit your target, you will be sober for over 20 years, and if you keep hitting more 300's you will keep adding years! Yay!!

Mesoso, I'm glad your bf gave you another chance, have you talked seriously since about your drinking? What are your future plans together?

Duff, do you still have a house full of four legged friends? When do your mum and dad return?

I'm sure I forgot someone now too so if I have, I hang my head in shame x
Old 01-05-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Toots, I admire you! You are so busy, yet you can still make note of us all! We are so excited for you as you bustle around in these last days. Can't wait til you're on that plane!

I'm eclectic in my movie taste. I liked Babette's Feast (a Danish oldie), Life Is Beautiful and Pulp Fiction--and I also was very fond of Expendables II. Jean Claude Van Damme made a great villain!

I saw Moonstruck while I was in labor with my "professionally obnoxious" oldest son. I was three days before the due date, out to dinner with some friends. Suddenly I started getting stomach cramps. They weren't very frequent, so I went on to enjoy the movie and have a good night's sleep before going to the hospital in the morning.

BTW, that son had just one special craft beer over the holidays, which he had hidden and was aging all semester. Now that he's back to his routine, he's staying sober. He really loves sobriety!
Old 01-05-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Now that he's back to his routine, he's staying sober. He really loves sobriety!
That's fantastic, Gilmer! Must be such a relief to you. I wish I were able to embrace sobriety at his age.

Toots, so gald Mr. T. landed safe and sound. Is he freezing his buns off??

The pups left yesterday and my two spent the whole afternoon catching up on their sleep. Makes me a bit sad but the house definitely is much more manageable with only 2 canines running around.

DD, good going on your honesty in that situation. You know you're not unstable -- she's likely projecting her own stuff onto you.

So today is the opening day of polo season. Some of you might recall (and I know I bored you to tears last year going on about it) that I decided enough was enough after waking up with yet another horrendous hangover after one Sunday polo. We go every Sunday and the champagne flows freely. I remember obsessing about it all last season but today I feel like: o.k. we're going for a few hours, say hi to some people, enjoy the game, come home, thank my lucky stars I'll be tailgating in Florida today and not at the Packers game, and wake up hangover free to carry on my week.

Such a massive difference from last year! It feels like such a non-issue. Is this what it is to be a non-drinker???? If so I really like it

But seriously, stay warm my northern friends. This cold weather is no joke.
xoxo
Old 01-05-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

My brain isn't awake enough to remember movie titles. Now that's probably all I'll think of all day . I couldn't watch any movies while in labor!

Toots, I'm happy to hear that Mr T arrived on these shores safely! Now we really need to get you over here :-). Yes, I did tell the boss where to get off ... though I tried to do it nicely. In situations like this, I've learned not to permanently burn my bridges. I did figure out that it's good I did that because I was being dragged unknowingly into the project from h*ll!

LP, I'm not sure if asking bottle shop guy to ban you from the store will work too well. It could if the two of you wouldn't end up doing each other in, otherwise it sounds potentially lethal to me - just my opinion!

DD, I agree with Toots - you dodged a bullet. That was a very ungracious way for her to respond!

Have a lovely SunMonday to all of our Marchers everywhere!
Old 01-05-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Oh, well, DD--"hell hath no fury like a woman scorned..."
Old 01-05-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I like the Scarecrow too Gilmer. However, that tin man kind of just may be the one. When he finally got his heart he wore it on his sleeve just like me.

And I was scared of that witch and those flying monkeys too DD. She was even scary before she was a witch. Flying monkeys. Someone was smoking something when they dreamed those up. Oh, and the woman's reaction is proof she was looking to complicate things. Good luck to her. She really doesn't even qualify as a friend IMO. Minimum requirement in my book for any relationship. Must treat me as well as my friends. Friends don't take a chance on hurting you if they can help it. Remember, the only difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do. Note...not what you did. The past is the past. And trust me, those are the types of things I would have done. I could have cared less who I hurt before.

I have never been to bean town so I will have to rely on you and Mr T, Toots for all of the adventures. Hey Mr. T. Now I have the image of the guy with the Mohawk and all the gold chains. I love Mr. T. I used to have a ring tone on my phone assigned to a guy I was dating that said in Mr. T voice.."there's that fool calling you again". I'd be a bundle of nerves if I were you. You doing okay??

All my favorite movies are from the 40's so no sense boring anyone with that list. You either love em or not. However, I moved up a few years with Breakfast at Tiffany's and Auntie Mame. Auntie Mame's NY apartment is my dream home too.

Thanks for the weather report North. I think I will just take Dad out to eat. Don't want him slipping on the snow and it is colder than a well diggers lunchbox.

xoxo
Old 01-05-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

A Fish Called Wanda? Great movie. Wanda's "brother" is my favorite. Favorite line? When Wanda tells Otto that the central theme of Buddhism is not every man for himself.

Any romantics out there?? Out of Africa. The Way We Were. The English Patient.

And my all time favorite comedy...Some Like It Hot. I made man friend watch that one twice in a row with me once. Wowza.