Notices

Class of May 2012 part 23

Old 12-30-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi sass, I'm still in Cali. Staying with my brother a couple more days, then to a friends, then up to la for a couple more days before flying back to Ohio.

Watched the charger game with my bro yesterday, just like old times. It was nice. Today my sister in law and I take the niece for her annual walk on the beach photo op and the. Sushi feast.

Trying not to feel guilty that my visit is in such contrast to j's. Her mom got a stomach but from the nursing home, then j got it, and the nursing home is on quarantine so they can't see dad right now. I just keep praying for them. And Skype texting. Tried video but she didnt pick up, I hope she was doing something fun or good for her. She is in a hiking club, it helps keep her sane. I hope she gets out on a crag with them soon.

I'm still in wonderment that I haven't wanted to drink yet. Just flashes, nothing pressing. For years, I hid a bottle of vodka in my bag. Don't even like vodka. But it was easy to conceal and it was alcohol. It's nice to be clear headed and not be thinking about my next drink!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I want to wish our merry band of May banditos and banditas a very happy and healthy (and sober) 2014!

WeHav, happy to hear the sobriety is going so well. I recall you having a few fears about it. No need to feel a bit guilty because you are having fun while j is not. There will be other times it's reversed. Also, this leaves you in a better spot to be supportive.

(((hugs))) to all!
Old 12-31-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Happy new year to all my lovely friends...

Thank you all for your love and support over the past year...you are the main reason I'm still sober. Seriously.

Special hugs to Sassy and wehav who keep this little thread going. Much love to you xxxxx
Old 12-31-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Happy new year to all the Mayans!! Here's to a happy, sober 2014 for everyone!!!

Much love to all who might be reading.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

P.s., thanks sassy and Jeni!
Old 01-01-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Jeni, huge hugs to you! I am so proud of you! Your dedication and strong drive have helped you to deal with an incredible amount of "stuff" in a very short period of time. I am in awe!

Xoxo
Old 01-01-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Happy New Year, my beloved May peeps! Woo hoo hoo hoo hoo! 2014, baby, YEAH! Throwin' down another fully sober holiday and a grateful one it is!

Wishing all of you the absolute best in this brand spanking new year ahead. Love and hugs to all.

2014-elephant.jpg
Old 01-01-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Same back to you, FP! Miss those regular pach pics :-)
Old 01-01-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

FP!!! Big hugs back at you sweetie!!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Well, it came down to the wire but it looks like Zero and I will be leaving on move out day tomorrow to a mobile home we will have all to ourselves. That will be a blessing. I can't wait to get out of here as my roommate V took way too many pills again tonight. Tonight's plans are for us to watch an episode of American Horror Story and then try to sleep on my radio show, Phil Hendrie.

Here is Zero's Halloween costume which I packed for next year tonight along with one of The Littlest Dodger Fan waiting for Spring Training to start.

I'm so glad I've dealt with this moving crisis sober and having him by my side to help me keep my priorities in the right place. I still can't believe last November I got my 18 month keychain. Wow!

Keeping you all in my thoughts daily.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-2565521649.jpg (56.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg
image-3823108486.jpg (31.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-02-2014, 09:49 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Moving Day to you and Zero Shock - a mobile home to yourselves sounds kinda good to me

D
Old 01-03-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to my May friends! You are all in my thoughts.

Thinking about 2013 today. While it was not perfect, it was perfectly imperfect I guess. I made a lot of mistakes but none that did not teach me at least one valuable lesson.

Looking forward to a new year with lots of new possibilities ahead! And taking it all on WITHOUT ALCOHOL!

Love to you all, XO, soberkitten
Old 01-03-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Kittycat

D
Old 01-07-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

So I had to fish around and find us on.... Page Two???? What the heck?!

How are you all doing? I just started the new rehearsal/concert season last night. New conductor, new music, lots of fun! And check this out... one of my bandmates is digging on my Mammoth swagger, woo hoo, and asked me out on a date! Looking forward to starting off the new year with Date Pach Two. Figure I oughta start numbering these DPs to keep the series organized, lol! Yes, the sober life is paying off better than the biggest lottery pot in history.

Love and hugs to all!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear things are going well FP

D
Old 01-07-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Wooohoooo go FP!! And the pachy swagger. For some reason this song popped into my head... " my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, dam right it's better than yours, I can teach you but I'd have to charge..."

I'm still in California, so posting on a limited basis from phone. Phone prone to typos. But last night I somehow managed to post a whole paragraph of nonsense in the middle of my intended post on another thread. Can't even blame autocorrect for that one lol.

I was really worried I would relapse this trip home, but I haven't. It's the best trip ever! I never manage to see everyone or do everything I want, but I have had a lot of nice quality time. People who don't know the extent of my problem have offered me drinks, but it's been easy to turn them down because I like my life so much better sober. And I had a lovely visit with my dad too. Our relationship has been rocky, so that was very nice.

Have a good day may peeps!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:40 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Wow! When I pop in to check daily, things are way too quiet here. Then I give up for a little while and things start jumping. Hmmmm, should I take that to mean something?

Shock, love the pic. And so happy to hear you and Zero will have a place of your very own :-). Congrats on around 20 (?) months sober!

SoberKitten, so good to hear you're doing so well!

FP, DP 2....that's great. One of these days I predict you will find DPP. (Date Pach Perfect)!

WeHav, grrrrrllll, you are just plain awesome I suspect that when we treat life well, it tends to return the favor.

I'm doing well! Still finishing up the last few dregs of work and then plan to totally enjoy retirement at long last. No more of this partial work stuff! I plan to move closer to the retirement community I've picked out, hopefully this year. Then another 1-3 years before they'll have an opening for the apartment I want. I'm so looking forward to it :-). They do the housekeeping, launder the sheets and towels and provide super meals if/when we want them. Gym, pool, exercise classes, trips, lectures and all sorts of activities and volunteer opportunities plus quite a contingent of congenial people from the undergrad women's college I attended. And it's a "life care" place. After I move closer, I can join in some of the activities when there is space available.

Have a super 2014!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Wooohoooo go FP!! And the pachy swagger. For some reason this song popped into my head... " my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, dam right it's better than yours, I can teach you but I'd have to charge..."
LOL!!! You're awesome, WeHav, thanks for the wild 'n woolly wiggle jingle! And DP2 is a little younger than me, yeah baby! Nice to know this middle-aged Mammoth still has game. Great to hear you're staying strong on the sober trail. You go on with your ultra-cool self!

Thanks for the nice nod, Dee! Hope all is well with you, our sage leader.

Sas, good deal on moving towards new digs that satisfy your needs. The place sounds great! Even us younger folks could enjoy a sweeter life with all of those amenities!

Stay strong, boaters. We're doing this thing in fabulous style!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Damn right, it's better than yours!

Keep us posted on DP2 FP!! Happy New Year to you and all the rest of the Mayans….

Thanks for the shout out Dee!!

I'm home with a cough, going to watch Downton Abbey and hopefully go to bed early. I'm having some drunken flashbacks recently, tiny regrets and paranoias that pop into my brain - like oh I remember when I did/said *that* embarrassing thing…and sometimes, these things aren't even real, they are fears I have dreamed up….

I must remember that I forgive myself for all the mistakes I've made and I am a new woman (rem, feline) now! I forgive myself for making mistakes because I am human and I never have to repeat those again as long as I don't pick up that drink.
XOX
Kittycat
Old 01-08-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Big snuggy hugs to you, precious KittyCat! Yes, go easy on yourself. You're doing great! Feel better, too.