Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 20

Old 12-18-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Fish, it all sounds so delish! You're making me hungry and I'm on my way out the door to the gym!!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

I saw a comment earlier today it says when you realize it is the first drink that gets you drunk you are an alcoholic. It hit me right between the eyes . I am an alcoholic but now I can add the title recovering alcoholic
Old 12-18-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
I saw a comment earlier today it says when you realize it is the first drink that gets you drunk you are an alcoholic. It hit me right between the eyes . I am an alcoholic but now I can add the title recovering alcoholic
((((Fishy))))

This made my day!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Ok time to go sweat out some of this, um, "boy" energy!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Hi gang.. I just need to get this off my chest I just got a voicemail from the waitress from my "Cheers" bar telling me that their xmas party for regulars is tomorrow night. The last time I drank was three months ago. Sept 25th to be exact. When I heard her voice and this message for a split second I considered going then paused and regained my sanity. I just wanted to put it out there so I will be accountable and not keep this to myself. Who knows? I may have a sucky day tomorrow and trick myself into thinking I deserve to go and it its Christmas time after all... blah blah.. I'm sure you all know the drill .. the Beast trying to trip me up and get its way. Ok I feel better now.. thanx!
Old 12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by jat14 View Post
Hi gang.. I just need to get this off my chest I just got a voicemail from the waitress from my "Cheers" bar telling me that their xmas party for regulars is tomorrow night. The last time I drank was three months ago. Sept 25th to be exact. When I heard her voice and this message for a split second I considered going then paused and regained my sanity. I just wanted to put it out there so I will be accountable and not keep this to myself. Who knows? I may have a sucky day tomorrow and trick myself into thinking I deserve to go and it its Christmas time after all... blah blah.. I'm sure you all know the drill .. the Beast trying to trip me up and get its way. Ok I feel better now.. thanx!
Good to get it out! Makes it less secretive and invitive.

So....whatcha going to do next to make sure you don't go? I'd be making other definitive plans.

Good luck and glad to see you're doing good!
Old 12-18-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Uninvited a high of 61 degrees tomorrow in Charlotte so I shouldn't have any problem finding my balls
Old 12-18-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Jat, I had a "what if I just have a beer" feeling tonight at a christmas dinner. Luckily it was just a fleeting thought and didn't progress into anything more.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Hi Lillian -- I know that my pattern is that if I don't tell anybody then that gives me the freedom to use. The thought of pledging 24 hours of sobriety on the 24 club thread tomorrow morning, then going to that party later that day.. then waking up Friday morning loathing myself is just to much to bear. I think that will deter me. I promise to post here again after work tomorrow to tell you all what a wonderful feeling it is to not give in and to be home safe and sound and sober
Old 12-18-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-21-a.html

D