Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 19

Old 12-11-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

The most powerful song of the last 25 years

So, as I've been looking for a job, I spend a lot of time doing useful research. This is another gem which I felt was important to share:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
barney.jpg (56.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 12-11-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

~~~Food for thought ~ HumpDay Edition~~~
~~~If You Will Plant ~ The Farmer's Creed~~~

If you plant honesty, you will reap trust.
If you plant goodness, you will reap friends.
If you plant humility, you will reap greatness.
If you plant perseverance, you will reap victory.
If you plant consideration, you will reap harmony.
If you plant hard work, you will reap success.
If you plant forgiveness, you will reap reconciliation.
If you plant openness, you will reap intimacy.
If you plant patience, you will reap improvements.
If you plant faith, you will reap miracles.

But:

If you plant dishonesty, you will reap distrust.
If you plant selfishness, you will reap loneliness.
If you plant pride, you will reap destruction.
If you plant envy, you will reap trouble.
If you plant laziness, you will reap stagnation.
If you plant bitterness, you will reap isolation.
If you plant greed, you will reap loss.
If you plant gossip, you will reap enemies.
If you plant worries, you will reap wrinkles.
If you plant sin, you will reap guilt.

~~~Let's Make It A Sober December 2 Remember~~~
Old 12-11-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Renarde, good job on winding down in a heathy way. I knew you would not drink. You are so strong.

Firth, glad to see you more often, and posting daily. How about whne the weekend comes along, you stay with us if you get the urge to drink? I will too.

Lommey, Tallia, good to hear from you both. Grace too. Good luck getting that registration done.

Anyone heard from Lillian? I did see her post for the 24 hours thread, but she has been MIA here? Is she still on the road? Lillian, I am missing you!

Kaneda, wise as always. And I can vouch for the Barnet song being torture. Might even be why I turned to drinking so heavily. It was after having kids... JUST KIDDING!

Fish, bog day for you. The head pressure test and maybe a surgery? I am praying for you. Really.

Morning UI. You seem to have found a certain leace with your sobriety, now. Awesome.

I have a car appointment this morning, so will be out and about today. See you all later. Feeling better about not drinking. While I drank Sunday night, it was not a day of cravings or anything. It was actually an unusual circumstance I had not anticipated. i was just so angry and hurt, and I do not often feel those t hings regularly or so intensely. But I am feeling pretty solid with my day to day, and really have not been wanting to drink. I did not even really want to drink Sunday, when I did, strange as that sounds. It was total self destructive behavior. So, need to go take a shower or do something nice for me next time that hits me. That is my plan. I was in the midst of making dinner and really, had no escape. Meditation, maybe, but I do not really know how. I guess I need to find a tool for that sudden, unpredicable sort of knee jerk situation.

Have a good day all.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post

Hey Tallia

I think quite a few of us are having these types of thoughts. As I may have mentioned in an earlier post some time ago, I had asked my AA friends about why do relationships falter or encounter difficulties after we become sober ? It is quite common within AA. Their answer, which makes sense to me, is that the dynamics have changed between the partners. The other partner is accustomed to doing what they pleased as we would cave in to their demands. But, in a longer stretch of sobriety, we stop doing this so much; we dont over compensate, or be a people pleaser, etc as we have nothing to feel guilty or ashamed about. We have a clearer and more focused mind, our observations are sharper and we do not overlook matters. Moreover, the underlying issues that were masked by drinking are now unearthed.

Logically, it would seem there should be a period of adjustment until an equilibrium of sorts is reached. However that assumes both partners are willing to adjust. I guess only time will tell. For me, I will try and wait 12 months until my own emotions and self-consciousness has stabilised before I make a conclusion. Well, that's my aim anyway !
Wise words as usual Kane thanks

That's part of our problem I was definitely the pleaser in the relationship. I done everything just to try and make him happy you can't live like that without getting some positive feedback. However drinking covered up my need for anything positive from him.

Our relationship has become a safety net for him where he does nothing but what he likes think he stopped caring about me a long time ago just likes the easy option of not having to put any effort in.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Administrator

60 posts is a few hours work for you guys lol
so join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-20-a.html