Notices

Class of February 2013 Part 10

Old 12-10-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

So good to hear from you Mvngon.
We have really missed you love! ♥

When you told us in July that there was a crisis,
I kind of guessed it was something like this.

I am so glad your fantastic healthy example is trickling down.
I'm sure your husband will get more on board.
It just might take him a little longer.

Just hoping that the tumour can be healed.

Love and hugs,

V xx
Old 12-10-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers of healing and continued good health for you and your partner Mvg

D
Old 12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Feeling a lil better today just doing things I didn't do before gotta keep my recovery first and be really vigalent ? Spelt that wrong . After the slip it has strengthened me I'm other ways and more aware how important it is to keep on top of it fit spiritual condition and when I don't want to post ring or do meetings sharing I know that their the times I have to cause this disease creeps up on you it truly is patient cunning powerful and baffling don't think I really believed this before I do now with every cell In my being can't rest on my laurels and hopefully soon I will start reading more posts so I can help others love you all xxxx
Old 12-10-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling a little better today liss.
For sure, vigilance is paramount.
Some people believe that the cravings go away....that we become "cured".
I do not.
This is for life ~ it's just whether I am living in the disease, or the solution.

And it's going to take some time before I get used to living this way ~
it's so important for me to do the next right thing....and such a change from doing
everything possible to do all of the wrong things.

I still want to act out, a lot of the time.
But I'm trying....we just have to keep trying.

Love and hugs,

V xx
Old 12-10-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Sooooooo true xxxxx
Old 12-11-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

hello ladies,

liss, good to see you still fighting the good fight. i get frightened when i feel like this is all too easy. those days when being a sober alcoholic is a breeze. that's when I've slipped in the past.

things right now are certainly not a breeze. i get very worried about going home to California as I've always relapsed there. but i won't this time. I'm paying a lot more attention. when my partner had to go home to England early and we had to give each other Christmas cards at the airport because we wont' see each other for 2 months, i didn't stop at the booze shop on the way home. i posted here. that's something, eh?

I'm having cravings again, but they are manageable. it's a little easier to see them for what they are. but there is fear, which isn't much fun. but i actually did something I've never done. i had a little wiggle room with my schedule last Saturday, so i split my work day up and went to the aa women's meeting i like. i asked for phone numbers. (perish the thought! lol) i got a new sponsor even!

so guess this rambly post is a way of saying.... no, we can't afford to get complacent. yes, we will have good days where everything is easy. enjoy them! but things can get hard just like any time in life and we can choose to pick up or we can fight with everything we can think to throw at that addicts/alcoholics living in our head.

have a good day/night, sober dreams for all.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Woke up this morning my daughter rang she went down to Melbourne to pick up a car she bought through my friend and got to transport dep and they told her this car has been written off cut a long story shot I text my friend with a big reaction on my part and didn't go well after that I stated I think she should have been aware of this before she bought it so she had the choice any way I text her this arvo and said sorry for reacting In the way I did and should of handled it differently and told her that I have had a lot going on and haven't been myself anyway thought it would make me feel better cause it's taken a lot out of me and I'm not the best lately she hasn't text back so she's not talking to me I know that shouldn't matter cause I did all I could to make it better I need to hand it over now and let go it's not good for me right now I try and see things from their point of view but no one does from mine it just gets old and I'm tired very tired just need a lil help
Old 12-12-2013, 02:53 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Off to bed night guys I'm going to pray to god now I need guidance and love xx
Old 12-12-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not really up on what happened but I'm sure your initial reaction was understandable liss, and any true friend would realise this.
I hope you sleep well and feel better tomorrow.

D
Old 12-12-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi everyone -

I'm in Tanzania, staying with a Kenyan family on the beach. It's beautiful. Interesting time to be here with Mandela passing and the 50th anniversary of Kenyan independence. I just had a massage. Wow. I never have massages and I highly recommend it if you are feeling out of sorts. I feel like I just removed 3 years of stress build up like plaque - only from nerves of being an alcoholic. I might do this for anniversaries from now on.

Liss - hang in there. Early sobriety is particularly uncomfortable. It does get better, as you know. Have you joined this months class as well? There might be more traffic. You're doing great.

MV - thank you so much for sharing. What an source of inspiring change you've made on your family by illuminating a different path. Glad you're back on the posting side of things.

Hi Mel, Wehav, Dee, V.

I'm still working on accepting the feeling of uncomfort - Urge surfing is an example, applied more broadly. It feels like the next catalyst of growth. My anxiety is manageable these days - lots of work here and with emotions still left to do - but I can manage those now for the most part.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Omg early sobriety just keeps getting worse feel like I've been put back to Kindy over it big time woke up this morning thinking of a cold can of bourbon ????
Old 12-12-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

If it helps I woke up feeling very dry this morning too liss - but a big glass of OJ can fix that right up

D
Old 12-12-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Wish I could make you a coffee liss ~ I make great coffee, way better than a can of bourbon girl!

Whatever happened with your friend, it's done now.
You did what you could to apologise; it's her choice whether she accepts it.
And that's about her character ~ not yours love.

As for no one understanding your point of view....eh hemm.
You know we do. Always.
I get that you were angry that your daughter wasted her time like that....but better that than end up with a dud car, huh?

LOL on the OJ Dee....for me it's change the litter, feed V....and coffee time!

How timely to be in Tanzania right now Serene.
I feel Nelson Mandela's death as if her were family. We have lost the greatest peace maker of our time. What an awe-inspiring human being. May he rest in peace.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Right with you wehav ~ trying hard to fight the stress this time of year creates;
well done you for getting to that meeting and finding a new sponsor.

Very much in one day at a time mode here; just for today I will do my best to get through all of my tasks with a good attitude.

Love to all,

V xx
Old 12-12-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If it helps I woke up feeling very dry this morning too liss - but a big glass of OJ can fix that right up D
hahaha love it thank you
Old 12-12-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Dee love It and v sounds great xxxx hope day gets better for us xxx
Old 12-12-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm just going for walk on beach with hubby he took a day off for us so hope it helps weather is awesome
Old 12-12-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

That's nice liss ~ really nice.
Have a lovely walk.

V xx
Old 12-12-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Went for walk on the beach and drove to rock pools was nice my husband took the day off for us I know it was needed was really nice just relaxing now and going to a meeting tonight
Old 12-14-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Mom still here visiting. Hope everyone is well
Old 12-15-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi Mel, and everyone else....hope you're having a nice time with your mum Mel.

Hope you're OK liss.

Love to everyone,

V xx