Notices

Class of February 2013 Part 10

Old 12-07-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Love you too Liss. What do you think led to your relapse and how would you handle it differently next time?
Old 12-07-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melissa6381 View Post
Love you too Liss. What do you think led to your relapse and how would you handle it differently next time?
I truly didn't see it coming Mel but next time I would not put myself in a situation for 5 hrs of sit down lunch and free drinks and when the thought came in that I was fantasising about a drink I won't focus on that thought for any length of time dangerous stuff didn't have a plan we all cought a bus so was stuck there and knowing that I'm sensitive to environments need to learn to reach out more. I think if your going to slip you be aware how your mind goes completely blank it's scary cause I had nearly 10 mths of knowledge and went out the window big time xxx
Old 12-07-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liss74 View Post
I truly didn't see it coming Mel but next time I would not put myself in a situation for 5 hrs of sit down lunch and free drinks and when the thought came in that I was fantasising about a drink I won't focus on that thought for any length of time dangerous stuff didn't have a plan we all cought a bus so was stuck there and knowing that I'm sensitive to environments need to learn to reach out more. I think if your going to slip you be aware how your mind goes completely blank it's scary cause I had nearly 10 mths of knowledge and went out the window big time xxx
put it this way did the research and results get worse not better
Old 12-07-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good advice that we can all carry forward,esp the blank mind part.

Who knows maybe your mistake will keep one us from slipping. Maybe fate chose you to take a slip because your the only one strong enough to bounce back and remind us all of how important staying committed really is. Maybe if this mini relapse didn't happen then five years from now you would have relapsed-relapsed. I think everything that happens is for a reason, and sometimes things that look bad are really good. Don't beat yourself too much you're doing great.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melissa6381 View Post
Good advice that we can all carry forward,esp the blank mind part. Who knows maybe your mistake will keep one us from slipping. Maybe fate chose you to take a slip because your the only one strong enough to bounce back and remind us all of how important staying committed really is. Maybe if this mini relapse didn't happen then five years from now you would have relapsed-relapsed. I think everything that happens is for a reason, and sometimes things that look bad are really good. Don't beat yourself too much you're doing great.
thankxxxxx melly love ya xxxxx I believe in that to everything happens for a reason feeling better each day I've turned that frown upside down haha x
Old 12-08-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Where is everyone ????? Xxxxx
Old 12-08-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm here

V xx
Old 12-08-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning sweet liss and Dee!! ♥♥

Hello to everyone else...and some of these. (((hugs)))

Love V xx
Old 12-08-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Morning sweet liss and Dee!! ♥♥ Hello to everyone else...and some of these. (((hugs))) Love V xx
morning love you xxxx
Old 12-09-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

How are my wonderful Februbuddies?
All is too quiet on the western front.....

Love V xx
Old 12-09-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm fine. Working super hard and getting ready for my moms visit (she'll be here for a week). I know Serene is in Africa, and then the others post every few days.

How are you doing?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

What I meant to say is that it does seem quiet around here with out serene =)
Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Not feeling myself these days love to all xxxx
Old 12-09-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

What's happening Liss?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whats up liss?

D
Old 12-09-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Of course you're not feeling yourself liss hun ♥
You've been through a huge trauma, and tried to make the best of it.
But it was a big deal, and you have to recover now love.

Injuries take time, if we are alcoholic or not.
You have to rest; it gets boring...you have too much time to think.

So think about this....you faced a major hurdle, and you got over it.
Now it's the rebuilding part.
Deep breaths.
Patience.

And know you are loved. ♥

V xx
Old 12-10-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

V you have such an amazing way with words. Liss, you can do this.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Of course you're not feeling yourself liss hun ♥ You've been through a huge trauma, and tried to make the best of it. But it was a big deal, and you have to recover now love. Injuries take time, if we are alcoholic or not. You have to rest; it gets boring...you have too much time to think. So think about this....you faced a major hurdle, and you got over it. Now it's the rebuilding part. Deep breaths. Patience. And know you are loved. ♥ V xx
you are spot on thank you for helping see clearer just came back from meeting xxxxxx
Old 12-10-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I've been catching up with the threads, and all I can say is "wow"! So much has happened---so many ups and downs. The thing that shines clearly through for me, is the amazing strength and resiliency of our February group. You all continue to inspire and amaze me.

Just a quick update on me--- Over the summer, we learned that my husband has a prostate tumor. We have been all over the country working with both traditional and alternative care practitioners. The decision has been made to do nothing at this point. We will carefully monitor this, and make decisions that are right for us over time. We are taking a more "holistic" approach based on the information that we currently have.

That being said--we have made significant changes in our lifestyle. When I say "we", it is a little frustrating.... I've made a lot of changes. I can only hope that my husband will take note and follow suit for the sake of his health and for our family. He tries, but he is not 100% on board. So yeah, I've been cooking super healthy meals, vigorously exercising, trying to organize our life so that there is less stress on the home front, etc. It's been a bit of a wake up call---like the alcoholism/sobriety thing wasn't enough.

On the positive side, I have settled into a really good routine of "caring for myself" by taking care of myself, and it is really rubbing off on my children. My youngest has taken to going to the gym with me, as well as helping with the meals. He's even learned that he enjoys whipping up his own creations in the kitchen. My oldest is now a big yoga enthusiast, and has inspired his girlfriend to quit smoking just by the example of his healthier lifestyle. It all trickles down, doesn't it? In the past, caring for myself seemed selfish to me. These days, I can clearly see that my actions towards myself really do make an impact on the lives of those I love.

Anyhow, that's my past few months in a nutshell.

Best to everyone during this holiday season.

Much love,

MV
Old 12-10-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Of course you're not feeling yourself liss hun ♥
You've been through a huge trauma, and tried to make the best of it.
But it was a big deal, and you have to recover now love.

Injuries take time, if we are alcoholic or not.
You have to rest; it gets boring...you have too much time to think.

So think about this....you faced a major hurdle, and you got over it.
Now it's the rebuilding part.
Deep breaths.
Patience.

And know you are loved. ♥

V xx
liss, I can think of no better words to say than what has been said right here. This is just perfect to me. Be well, and my heart will be with you.

Much love,

MV