Notices

Class of October 2013 - Part 6

Old 11-28-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving to all of those celebrating! I will be cooking for turkey day, here in Costa Rica, as well! I have had many sober, and many drunk Thanksgivings! This will be a sober one, and for that and all of you in SR, I am very thankful.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving, dear Tobies!!!! I am very thankful to have you in my life. I look forward to checking in with you the minute I wake up every day. I could not be 60 days sober without you . . .two months tomorrow!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I want to join the chorus of those expressing thanks on this day for sobriety and our SR community. All of you are a key component in my success (day 37).

I will be grilling two different turkey recipes outside while my wife cooks a bird indoors. About 35 people will be here this afternoon, so we will be busy.

Have a blessed day everyone.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving one and all!!

I am getting out of my 30 day inpatient rehab today, yay! My mom is picking me up and taking me straight to the big family Thanksgiving dinner. Today marks 30 days sober for me (pretty easy in rehab). I've worked hard on a holistic recovery plan that includes maintaining a healthy work-life balance (for a change), AA, prayer, meditation, journalling, therapy, healthy eating, yoga, and massage.

I am eternally thankful for
  • My supportive family that has never given up on me despite a handful of relapses
  • Being able to go to a wonderful rehab, that I had the willingness to work really hard in individual therapy on some underlying issues while here, and that I am getting out on thanksgiving
  • AA
  • SR
  • Turkey, gravy, stuffing, and football
  • Central heating (it is really cold outside but I am warm and snug)
  • My business partners who covered for me while I was away for 30 days
Old 11-28-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Congrats Snipe! What a wonderful Thanksgiving for you!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm also grateful for everyone here because I wouldn't have made it 90 days this Saturday without you. I'm looking forward to celebrating a sober Christmas season this year.

Getting myself mentally prepared for the food orgy today : )
Old 11-28-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Congrats to you, DD, Snipe and (upcoming) Billr!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm cozy on the couch with a dog snuggled on my lap, and we're watching the Macy's parade. I'm feeling so thankful that I gave myself a hangover-free day today so that I can enjoy my family, a ton of food (my first vegetarian Thanksgiving, so we'll see how much I miss the turkey), and a warm home.

Hope everyone has a great day. Snipe, congrats on reaching this day. Sounds like you've got a really good plan in place, and it's quite inspiring to me. SM, you got this!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Happy thanksgiving to all that celebrate! I'm lounging with my dog and drinking coffee... My family is going to my aunts house for a few days of eating and shopping and I typically go... And this year I've decided to stay home with the pup. It's not that I would be tempted to drink at all... It's more that I don't want to discuss all the changes I've been making in my life as I know my mom has already told family about my struggles. Meh, I think I'll be fine with the pup at home
Old 11-28-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope all are well. Wishing everyone a fantastic day. Far too many thanks to list. Stay strong Nober Tobers!

Old 11-28-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Happy Turkey Day everyone So thankful I'm sober this year!
Old 11-28-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
JL2013

Happy thanksgiving. Thankful to see what a hole I've been in. Living in one and not knowing it is terrible. Love my family. Thank you SR, for being there.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Just talked to my sis in California. Her 32 year old son FINALLY called her last night and wanted to go to rehab. He has been drinking 2 litres of vodka a day lately. She sent him to a very ritzy rehab in Malibu. I told her she should be thankful today that he is safe and sober.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Happy thanksgiving guys! You truly are an amazing bunch and I'm glad to be in this group, despite my slip. You all are an inspiration to keep checking in and a valuable reminder that none of us are alone out there!

Day 3 is done. Productive day in London Town. Tomorrow I will need to stay on guard - since I have some free time before heading back home in the evening. I'm sure I will talk to you then:-)
Old 11-28-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving Tobers, one and all.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Wow, trudging, that is huge! I sincerely hope it works out for him. As we all know, it can be very difficult to reach out for help sometimes. He may have saved his life with that phone call to his mom.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through the day, SM. Be strong tomorrow and check in often.

We are definitely all in this together, and it's good to know there's a place we can come for support and encouragement.

I don't have anyone that I know in person that is going through the same struggle. I'm so thankful for SR and all you tobers!!
Old 11-28-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by free2Bsober13 View Post
I don't have anyone that I know in person that is going through the same struggle. I'm so thankful for SR and all you tobers!!
Same here. This place is my safe place.

Now it's time to flip a coin. Heads pumpkin pie. Tails pecan pie. Who am I fooling? I'll have a slice of both!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by free2Bsober13 View Post
Glad you made it through the day, SM. Be strong tomorrow and check in often. We are definitely all in this together, and it's good to know there's a place we can come for support and encouragement. I don't have anyone that I know in person that is going through the same struggle. I'm so thankful for SR and all you tobers!!
I know...I look at all my friends and co-workers and suspect that none of them has ever laid awake at night with the shakes because of a bender! It makes me feel so dysfunctional, like how did I ever let it get so bad. Anyways, it's good to know others like us exist:-)
Old 11-28-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
I know...I look at all my friends and co-workers and suspect that none of them has ever laid awake at night with the shakes because of a bender! It makes me feel so dysfunctional, like how did I ever let it get so bad. Anyways, it's good to know others like us exist:-)
SM, I suspect there are more people with problems than we think.

I just got finished with the big clean up after Thanksgiving dinner. (I don't mind because my husband and son did all of the cooking) When I was a big drinker, I never did clean up until the next morning. (always fun to do with a hangover HA!) It feels so good to have the energy to make my kitchen sparkle, and then I get to wake up tomorrow morning, completely refreshed from a good sober night's sleep and walk into a nice, clean, fresh kitchen. Sometimes it is hard to believe that I ever found the other scenario so appealing.