Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 24

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-23-a-21.html

D
Old 11-17-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thanks for the new thread, Dee!

Hey, I am the first to post here!

Hi, Undies.

Very quick check from me - having another session with the therapist today, and mind you, it is going to be tough, since we are starting "replaying and processing the most hurtful episodes and wounds of my past. Honestly, I can hardly imagine how I will be able to revive it in every detail and then come back to "regular business matters" tomorrow. And to crown it all business matters imply negotiating real estate issues that are closely interconnected with the subject of therapy.

Send me good vibes please)

I also had a long conversation with my ex about real estate issues yesterday, and I didn't sleep well, and because I didn't sleep well I lacked concentration at boxing class, and caught a really bad jab - guy even didn't mean to hit me hard, it was my fault in defense, and, my it hurt like hell.

I also got the tyres changed into winter ones - it's starting freezing. And paid taxes. And have some work to do.

SO grateful I am sober - no way I would able to manage all this hiding behind the bottle of wine!

My head is about to explode with all things, I am trying to keep it all together.

Gilmer - glad you are back! Dust youself off and keep going! We are rooting for you!

Jim - AV barking? take a big stick and scare it off. Again - AV is powerless! Absolutely - not a tiny piece of power. It's a con and a jerk trying to BS you. Take a deep breath. Don't listen. You are not listening. Stay strong.

Stevie - hi to yoo, my boxing buddy. I remember this time before hitting one year milestone - too many thoghts about it, and AV decided it could poke in... YOu are doing great despite crazy working hours and lack of support in "real life". But we are real here as well - and sending you a lot of positive vibes and power. Stay tuned and keep it up)

Grace - Sorry you had such am awful time and your grandson didn't feel well staying with his MOm. I so wish the situation will get better for you and not causing you such a stress. Hugs to you)

My best wishes to all!

Have a great sober Sunday.

See you later)
Old 11-17-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry you got hit, MB. I hope you get better sleep tonight. Try not to live in anticipation--let every moment happen to you in real time. It makes flooding emotions easier to take--that way you're not borrowing stress before it happens. I'm sorry you're suffering now, but it's good to face things. You are doing the right thing.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In on part 24....Midnight it's fairly quite here at work today and I have been watching lots of Mike Tyson clips on youtube....I know he was a nasty piece of work but as a boxer he was surely one of the best....Awesome power.....Also go you for having a master class with Evander Holyfield....I would love to be there.

Take care....Steve.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Gilmer - thank you for your words. I love the idea of every moment happening in real time)

Stevie - glad you are having quiet time at work. I agree Tyson is a great talent, shame that it didn't come with better personality. As for Holyfield masterclass - it was less fun than I'd expected, and I didn't even shoot a pic with him - too big crowd eager to do this, and I honestly hate when people are fighting to get a pic with a celebrity like their life depend on it) Though it was surely interesting to see him as close that I could easily touch him, and seeing Holyfield in the same ring where I do my boxing). He is big! And in pretty good shape for his age. And was quite nice and polite to everyone.

Boozefree- Thank you for the pic - it just gave a rise to my mood in the morning.

See you later, my fav SUndies)
Old 11-17-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to drone on, but I've really been fighting a bad mood lately. I went from happiness a couple days ago to bitterness in the wink of an eye. I know it's realated to my drinking and the effect the bad choice had on my conscience, even though I don't feel affected by the lapse per se. I just suddenly hate everything and everybody around me and want to secede from the universe. People have gotten over their initial disappointment with my drinking and are trying to be civil, but I don't feel like being civil back--I'm always the civil one. Always the peacemaker. Screw it!

Obviously, there's a lot wrong with that attitude. I went from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde in about one hour! I didn't even want to post on here because I don't want to be a selfish drain. I was really bitter this morning because I have to go to church and put on a cheerful face--then I have to have a family birthday party for my husband, whom I don't especially want to fawn over right now.

I was just grousing to myself upstairs feeling bewildered about my black mood when I got a sudden thought that brightened my whole day--maybe it's the beginning of menopause! I am 53! Who would have thought that getting old was a cause for celebration?

Anyway, I'm suddenly in a fine mood again! God is good!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glimmer glad you came back!

MB sending some of my positive vibes your way. Hope therapy goes well.

Another early start to the day. Took my dog to the park for some frisbee then washed my car and even washed my sisters too. Went grocery shopping and thoughts of buying beer did hit me but I'm glad I didn't give in. Now to relax and enjoy my day off!!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello Gilmer. Glad you found your way back. I'm working on a Lyndon Johnson documentary from BBC to a French TV.

I feel a bit lost on this thread without all the others... It's late too so I'm muddled and have forgotten what other people have said.

God luck MB with the pain resurfacing and with your desire to get better. I think it's courageous of you and you'll find yourself with better tools to deal with painful stuff.

Toots, your trip seems pretty exhausting. I'm glad that you found time to write to us.

BF, your program of being in shape and in a happy mood seems to be paying off. Perhaps it's Christmas that puts you in the state.

As for me, it has been an exhausting week of mourning. But everything has been done. The furniture is sold, the apartment is empty ,son and father are now home in France. I invited my friend B over for dinner but it was a hard day for her and she sobbed to the point I feared for her sanity. Heavy stuff. I'd normally have a drink now but will go to bed.

As for the rest, well somehow, after that event, everything seems less important.

Goodnight undies. I'll be more present now.

DP
xo
Old 11-18-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Dorothy, it has been an emotionally exhausting week for you, please make sure to make time for yourself!

MB I hope the punch didn't land too hard, did you ever get that mouth guard? Be strong, things will soon begin to get easier for you emotionally and you will have taken a giant step forward.

Steve, are you feeling any less stressed? Stick close.

Gilmer, menopause: or to put it another way, 'mean ol PAWS' similar symptoms, but including flushes and night sweats! Lol. Perhaps we need to start a new thread alongside the gratitude one.... ' I am mega grumpy today because....' I'd sign up for that one!

Thanks for the new thread Dee.

I hope any of our American friends in mid west escaped the tornadoes.

Dotty, although we have a lot of travelling around, I also have a fair bit of hanging around during the day. Today I am going to a gym near the hotel, will have a work out, then a swim and steam and then get a massage ( my 8 month treat ) then pick hubby up. Tomorrow I will be in Oxford, which is such a pretty and hystoric city, I will have plenty to do. Ditto with Warwick, it has a castle and plenty of other places to visit.

When we get to my parents, we will spend part of Thursday with my favourite brother and his lovley family I have a nephew and niece born earlier in the summer who I haven't met yet, and a nephew who couldn't walk or talk last time I saw him!

Well folks getting ready to go build up a sweat, I hope the others find their way to the new thread soon!!

BF keep up the smiles sweetie, you are doing brill!

Undies, where are yoooooo?
Old 11-18-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi, you guys. I was so glad the bad mood could possibly have an external, biological explanation--not just my usual poor character, immaturity, or shaking my fist at God! And it popped and dissolved immediately, just like a bubble bursting! I am just amazed!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Toots, it sounds as though you are having a great time. I'm glad!
Old 11-18-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Have a meaningful day and week, dear Undies!
Old 11-18-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You, too, Carlos!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning undies.
I only got about a 1/4mile into my walk with my dog when my phone went off. Co worker asking if I could come in early to cover a shift and I said yes because it means I get to leave earlier as well. My dog wasn't too thrilled to be heading back but at least she got to get out for a little and sniff some good plants haha.

Dottie way to go helping out so much during a real tough time. And yes christmas does out me in a rather great mood! 37 days!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Had to edit my signature as I picked up the cigarettes again this morning..... Still sober though so that's all good.... Just picking the kids up from school and then it's time for my 15 hour night shift.... I'll check back later....Take care Steve.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good Morning undies.
Gilmer glad to see you back. It's awful isn't it? I sometimes still don't feel right.
I'm ashamed of myself cause I really didn't care. Or maybe I did and it's just an
excuse. Just the same glad to see you back.
Take care undies--it was nice catching up with all of you today.
Babs
Old 11-18-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, Undies.

Not in a great mood today - made some research of the real estate market, and even is everything is ok about splitting the property, my share would be just enough to buy some shabby flat. Oh, well.

I know, it is not the end of the world, but I just can picture myself growing old and alone in some tiny apartment. It's hard for me to be positive at the moment, as if everything in my life decided to present me evidence what a failure I am.

It sucks.

Sorry to sound so down, I just can't bring myself to find anything positive about my life. I am not a fool, a have willpower and guts - and what? Doesn't seem to help me much to succeed in life.

Thanks for listening to my rant, Undies.

Have a great day, all.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

oh Midnight---I know how you feel. Why does a person go through this? Cheer up my friend it too will pass. hugs to you.
Babs
Old 11-18-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Midnight...Failure is not a word I would ever associate with you...
Stay stong my friend.

Jim
Old 11-18-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I know, MB. Failure is never a word I associate with you. You KICK BUTT!