Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 24

Old 11-21-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Carlos sounds like you're on the right track. Great job realizing the change in your sober journey before you slipped.

Siesta that must be tough with your step daughter. 15 was the age I was when I picked up my daily drinking and self harm. I think it could've started Bc I never have felt like I could trust or talk to anyone so just you offering to be there might be a great thing.

Toots I have owned all different types of breeds from tiny to large and boxers have totally stolen my heart. I will always own a boxer now! I love the hyper kid like energy they constantly have.

It rained some last night and a light sprinkle this morning. Hoping we get some more rain! Thru out the day.

And a big hi To everyone else!!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - I haven't popped by for a while & wanted to say a quick hello to everyone on the list.

Hope you feel better BF.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SereneEdition View Post
Hi everyone - I haven't popped by for a while & wanted to say a quick hello to everyone on the list.

Hope you feel better BF.
Nice to see you Serene
Old 11-21-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,
Thanks for all the advice, support about my stepdaughter. Looks like we might try to bring her here for Thanksgiving next week. I think I'll go with everyone's advice here and let her know I'm there for her to listen if she needs it.
Tried to talk to hubby this morning about all the stress he's dealing with but it didn't go well. He's blaming me for a lot of it because I'm not quite 2 weeks sober yet. I can take it and deserve it but it's hard to hear.
On a positive note, I'm at 12 days today and feel pretty good about it. Getting back on track. Having all 4 teenagers together (mine are 18 and 16, his are 18 and 15) for Thanksgiving is something I'm looking forward to. This will be my first adulthood sober Thanksgiving.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

As promised, read back posts of all and here to offer my 2 cents. However, after and good many days of being self-absorbed the catching up was a bit taxing, but fun too.

Hum, where to start?

Courage, yep, two times, 100% natural child birth. Even have cheese covered baby pics to prove it. Was a day at the beach.

BF: great pic of your dogie. What's the body of H2O? Lake? My best to your Uncle. Yep, we old-timers have much to live for. Be sure to let him know how you feel about him. If he read what you wrote he would be proud for sure.

Stevie, if an occasional smoke helps during a difficult day...smoke away. Just don't drink. Never read where nicotine gateways alcohol. I do think the reverse is true. While I simply cannot identify, I absolutely love your positive attitude about winter.

DP, thanks for all the inspiration you bring out. Your commitment to recovery will someday soon land you on Easy Street...which will only offer more opportunities to give back this gift of sobriety you created for yourself.

Hi Siesta, so sorry about your stepdaughter. I hope that she finds a peace and serenity soon. Young, and so much to live for. Keep posting, and staying this sober path.

Courage...hum, small pad here, about the size of my ex's family room. But what a blessing. Paid off, lake at front door, golf course to my right, Heaven above...and I'm sober and on the right side of the grass.

Drake, keep us posted. not like you to be this distant...all okay?

Welcome badger1, I to am on Step 4...holding pattern till after holiday's though.

MB, I could just ditto what I said about DP. You are a champion! Here come the vibes!

Gilmer, thank you for your posts. I really could identify with the pencil snap...so been there this week. So glad you have become a daily Undie!

Hey Babs, keep on foot truckin...sounds like a policy I need to adopt...(soon says the dusty weight scale in the corner)

Are my eyes deceiving me or has crazybird, I mean MB2 made a return appearance? Welcome back! Thanks again about the Step 11 prayer. Said it a few times today, already.

Hey Gracie, thanks for that incredible ray of sunshine that you always project! I think you are Superwoman...and we all know who Superman is! teehee

Toots, my heart goes out to you and hubby. I am forced to do something about it now...I will pray for the right outcome to come soon.

SoberJim...nice to see your returning to the SoberGym

Toots/Gracie - I am totally down with meeting you two baberahan lincoln's out there somewhere. Just curious, when are the bustiest, oops I mean busiest times at work for hubby's? (lol) Aruba? Costa Del Sol? Florida Keys? St Thomas? You thoughts?

DG, Tanja, Melin, HF, Pippo and the rest of y'all...put a toe in, the water is fine, and we miss you too.

I will address my initial action plan for funk revival tomorrow morning.

Later Undergators...

Carlos xx
Old 11-21-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thats wonderful Siesta---I'm a step Mom and it's not easy some times. especially at that age.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

MB, How's it going today? Are you still awake?
Old 11-21-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies.

Thank you all so much - so many kind words and really great advices.

Sorry, too tired today to respond to everyone who supported me, I"ll catch with you tomorrow.

I am better today, again productive and more upbeat. Taking one day at a time.

And yes, Dorothy, life has no purpose...

My hugs to all!

See you)
Old 11-21-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, Gilmer!

Thank you for asking - it's been better - met a real estate agent, got some new info, made some plan for further actions.

I am awake, but going to have some sleep now)
Old 11-21-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Toots I will be celebrating my one year of sobriety with a 15 hour shift at work lol....December 7th falls on a Saturday and that's probably my busiest day of the week.

Back later for a proper chin wag as I'm at work lol.

Take care....Steve.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

That's great, Stevie. I'll bet I will be able to remember it--it is Pearl Harbor Day in the US, plus it is my Aunt Betty's birthday, plus it is my cousin Michael's wedding anniversary. There's a lot going on on December 7!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Steve, I'll mark the date on my calendar. It's a huge day. xo
Old 11-21-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

me too Steve
Old 11-21-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi again Undies.

All ready for bed now, bathed and p.j'd. It's not been too bad a day, here's hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

Dorothy, It's good to see that your mood has lifted compared to last week, you sound so much more 'together.' I hope people like me better now I don't drink, I make so much more effort to speak to people now I'm sober, previously I just used to alienate myself from other people and kept myself to myself. Now I'm much more open and tolerant, I even quite like myself!

I hope you get all the rain your heart desires B.F, please help yourself to ours!

Hello Serene, hope all is well with you.

You too Babs, hi.

Siesta i think that's the best thing to do, be there for her without passing judgement, there will be plenty of others to do that, just listening to her if she does decide to open up could be of great help to her.
Don't let your husband get you down, obviously he is worried sick about her, but he must know deep down inside that what's happened is not down to anything you have or haven't done. Rise above it all and tell yourself 'this too shall pass' because it will. 12 days is excellent, just keep on doing whatever it is you're doing, you're doing it well. xxx

Superman, Henry Cavill isn't it? Er what do you mean, when are the bustiest times!!! Have you seen me, lol, if not, then who told you? September and March are the busiest time for my other half and Ill just go with the flow, don't care where it is, just so long as it is warm.

G'night Gilmer. xxx

Hope you have a restful sleep Midnight, tomorrow's a new day. xxx

Don't work too hard Steve and keep on with the exercise, it will keep you warm. xx I will also be marking your 12 month milestone.

Good night Undies

Grace xxx
Old 11-21-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, busy day on the thread today. Today is day 240, and I guess that means 8 months. Thank you for all your support. You all mean so much to me.

God Bless,
Matthew
Old 11-21-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I had a meeting tonight. I felt like a zombie, but smiled. People smiled back. People talked and had a good time. The meeting was really good.

One quote was taken from Charles Spurgeon: paraphrased, "you can either chew the pill and experience much bitterness, or you can gulp it down with one swig of water. You're getting the medicine either way."

I've been chewing lots of pills lately. Time to stop dreading everything and just be thankful in every situation. There's always something to be thankful about!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Matthew congrats on 8 months! I can't believe it's already been that long!!

Had some good rain thru out the day today and enjoyed it!
Tucked in bed and ready to go to sleep early!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, Undies.

I know you are probably sick and tired of my recent ranting, mind you, so am I.

But my anxiety just hit its record high today, and my left eye started twitching. Just at some point it all goes out of control and I can't gather myself up.

My ex criticizes me all around for being not practical and "tough" enough, and I can't even tell him to "f''' off" because he is helping me with all these real estate issues.

And he has no idea why I am doing my therapy, and why I start to lose my self-control when communicating with my brother.

And everyone is so eager to give me "practical advice" which bears no actual use, but more like "why don't you do this... or that"... And I am just ready to scream!!!!!!

My dear Undies, bear with me for a little while more, ok? I promise the real Midnight will be back soon, I am just absolutely freaking out now and don't know how to settle myself.

I am again paralysed with fear to make a mistake. I am so lost...

Thank you for listening to my rants.

I love you all. And I feel somewhat guilty I can't offer much support now, but just pouring out the my negativity.

Off to search for some inspiration.

I'll be back)
Old 11-22-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Matthew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (89.2 KB, 29 views)
Old 11-22-2013, 01:39 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Midnight, honey, just clench your teeth and get through the current situation and the rest of your life is your own. Your ex is trying to undermine you because he sees you have moved out of his sphere of influence and he is noticing that you are able to no t only survive but thrive and move forward without him. If he genuinely cared about you he would support your actions, keep that in mind every time he speaks.

You are strong and caring and loving and you have a wonderful future ahead of you. Don't let weak small minded men pull you down. I am sending a cyber hug to soften my bossiness!!! ���� x