One Year and Over Club Part 14

Old 12-04-2013, 03:20 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

hell yeah lev, we can do loads of things now,

we couldn't when we were still drinking and drugging
Old 12-05-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
instant

We played at an open mike tonight and got a good reception. There were some in the audience who were not travelling well.

Its great to be able to enjoy things sober and be with others who are not just about drinking
Old 12-05-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Congrats to you, instant, for getting out and up for an open mike. I still feel a little uneasy around public drinking which tends to keep me from events of the like. I know this though, if I were to play out live tonight I at least would be aware of how awful I might be with all of my faculties about me
Old 12-05-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Instant

D
Old 12-05-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

inst, love hearing your music storys

we have a real gig this saturday, were playing the entire night, and for real pay!

motives in check

who knew!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rock on Zip

D
Old 12-06-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hey Overs
Big hello to all...over at coast for weekend, supposed to rain tomorrow. That is good news for us in this part of CA, unlike many areas, we are suffering from drought conditions and on strict water rationing in our little village. Everyone have a safe, sober weekend.
Bloss xxx
Old 12-06-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey gang I just wanted to throw my hat into the ring...On this day last year I fell off the waggon for the final time...After my last drink I said no more and 365 days later I am still sober.

I would love you all to accept me into your fab group Grace has told me so much about you all..

With my post's I will bring you all the details of my hectic workload , my gruelling gym sessions , stories about my wife and 3 little rugrats and also very in depth posts about the huge meals I eat lol....Just ask Grace she will tell you I eat like a beast..

I look forward to being a member of this very elite group....

Take care.....Steve.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hey, Stevie!

Welcome to Overries!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Steve

D
Old 12-06-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

thanks dee

and welcome aboard steve'o!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
instant

Welcome Steve. Not an elite group- just those who survived- most of us in style!! Good luck with the gig RZ- let the el Zippo roll

Spring has sprung and I have survived two Christmas get togethers this week. It's been the busiest I have ever been- out every night during the week. So glad I don't drink, I would be a wreck by now and cranky too. As it is I am killing time for an hour then going for a bike ride, then will come home and sweep the yard.

Have a good weekend everyone
Old 12-06-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Welcome Steve. 19 months here but oh do I remember the day I qualified for this thread like it was yesterday!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Just checking in with my new classmates... I'm at work on a 15 hour shift. Just polished of a huge breakfast of 10 scrambled eggs and 5 slices of toast... Feeling good and full of positivity.... Take care.... Steve.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats, Steve! Welcome to "the club".

Rusty, good luck with the gig this weekend.

Ya'll send some warm thoughts this way, it's colder than a witch's...elbow

Have a great weekend!
Old 12-07-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

thanks fbl

and if any good storys, will report back
Old 12-07-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi Overs

It feels like I haven't posted since forever away. I've just been busy on the home front, leak in kichen, Christmas shopping, parents, children, work, etc, etc. Its a struggle to get the balance right sometimes.

Hi Bobbi, how's it going? Hope you're well. This is my second sober Christmas season too!

Welcome to the Overs Levelling up and that's a lovely post.

Rusty, it never fails to amaze me just how much I can achieve now I am sober. How did your gig go? I hope it went really well.

Sounds like you had a really good night Instant. All good stuff.

Bloss if I could send you some of our rain, you know I would, bloody gallons of it.

So glad you've joined us Steve, told you I was saving a place for you. Everybody, Steve is my bestest friend from the my class of August 2012 and the Undies. He is a lean, mean, eating machine, no kidding, the calories he consumes in just one day would feed an army. As for work, he works the most horrific amount of hours you could imagine! He's the best.

Hi Midnight, stay positive my love, good to see you posting.

HI Shocko, how's it going?

F.B.L my other half knows a different version of colder than a witches!!!

Hello Dee, I'm hoping you're well and looking after yourself.

Well that's it from me, I'm outta here for tonight.

Stay safe and sober

Grace

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

we can do loads noe EQ

gig went great, people moved dinner tables and were dancing up a storm!

we did 2 and 1/2 sets, as it was 1am by then

feeeling my age this morning i must say!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Just checking in...I'm working a 15 hour night shift the start of five 15 hour night shifts in a row....Extremely quite tonight as it's Sunday and I usually work in the day on Sundays...

I wanted to use my sober date yesterday as the day that I quit smoking but I simply couldn't do it...It was so busy and the ciggies relieved some of the stress....I'm going to set new years day as the new date now as that's when things start quitening down...

Just chomped my way through a beef chow mien , BBQ spare ribs , chilli chicken wings and I still got sweet and sour pork balls for later...Still smashing at least 4000 calories a day despite my hectic workload....

Gonna try and fit in chest and triceps workout later depending on what time for cleaners leave , hope fully they'll be gone soon so I can go smash some iron...

I hope everyone else is well....Take care....Steve.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning Over's

6 a.m here and I'm just having a peaceful hour to myself while the boys are still in bed. Its pitch black outside and all is quiet.

Sounds like a really good night you had Rusty, wish I could have been there. Feeling your age? Never! I watched the Rolling Stones on t.v when they were at Glastonbury in June this year and when they came off stage they were handed cups of drinking chocolate. It really made me smile. How things have changed!

Good morning Steve, I hope the night passed quickly for you and was uneventful too. Was that a little work snack you had? New years day is a good date to set to give up the dirty fags, I'm so glad I've never smoked. You definitely need to give them up again, they are just so expensive, you may as well just burn money! ( that's me nagging!)

I'm not in work today, I'm going to pick my parents up about 9.30, drop my mum off in town so she can do some shopping and have a couple of hours to herself, bring my dad home with me and put a music d.v.d on for him ( he has Dementia but gets a lot of pleasure from music) so that will be morning. This afternoon will be a bit of housework, pick my oldest 2 g.children ( 4 & 6) up from school at 3.15 bring them here, feed them, bath them and look after them until their mummy finishes work and then this evening I am meeting my friend for dinner and a catch up chat. We've been friends since we were 16 and make a point of meeting up once a month for a couple of hours.

Best go and catch up with my other posts while I have the chance.

Stay safe and sober

Love to you all.

Grace

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.