Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 14

Old 01-08-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I have had to wear something called a coat
Old 01-08-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Welcome newcomers, the more the merrier!

Way to go Stevie on EIGHT DAYS that is great!

I'm feeling a lot better, declined going to the gym though for one more day. Am quite proud of myself actually for not pushing it.

It's warmed right up here and they're talking about an early spring. It's just wet, wet, wet. Been raining nonstop for a couple days. But it's nice to not have to wear long johns. Was getting sick of them already. Geez LDT if you can't handle a coat, imagine if you had to wear pants under your pants?

I'm in bed very very early after SPANKING my bf at Scrabble as usual. I am the Scrabble Queen.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
LDT

Morning Overs!

Quick Hi and Happy Thursday. No coat for me today ( thank God )... it's 44 degrees with rain expected. We still have a fire going (as I type.)

Stevie, awesome on the no smoking deal. I've read that it is much harder for some people to quit smoking than drinking. Do you find that to be the case?

InPar ...glad you're feeling better.....pants under pants? Like underwear? Interesting, yet foreign concept. People tell me all the time " Layer, Lisa, layer ".... But when I do I feel like I'm suffocating. The few times we went snow skiing, my H nearly lost his religion every time he had to dress to hit the slopes.( and of course I could not breathe from laughing so hard). His basic sentiment was there were too many clothes, they were too thick, and it took too long to get dressed.....We don't snow ski any more.

I can hear your eyes rolling.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

This morning is supposed to be the last sub-zero one for awhile (-10F). We're supposed to get to 35F by tomorrow...HEAT WAVE. I actually saw a guy at McDonald's the other day wearing shorts!!! Takes all kinds I guess.

Have a great day, overs!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hello gang just a quick check in to say howdy~~Howdy ~~ I really have not posted much because I don't have much going on.. becauseeee Its freaking cold and we are snowed innnnn..(saying in crazy manic voice)...lol..I will be happy when the weather breaks! Congrats Sudz, Kizzy & Scott and all 1 year graduates...Well gang have a great day,~Tootles
Old 01-09-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Overries)

Quick check-in from me.

I am still here, still sober, still staying away from sweets. Finally done with the real estate issues with my brother and in the process of buying my own apartment.

Still learning to focus on one day at a time not overwhelming myself with future fears.

My best wishes to all. See you)
Old 01-09-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
LDT

Hey Midnight,
Really happy to hear the real estate issue has been resolved. I know that's a load off your shoulders.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Overs!

MidnightB, in my crystal ball I see a great year for you in 2014. Keep your mind focused on the present and let the future come as it will -- you have what it takes to face anything.

Nel, I hope your weather breaks soon. Your post made me shiver!

InPart, a fireplace roaring in Louisiana? Sounds super-homey. I know what you mean about the clothes -- that's one reason I moved out of Chicago, after wrestling a 2 year old into a snow suit to go in and out of a fifth floor walkup twice a day... went to Arizona & stopped buying socks for a decade

I've been kind of off my game for a while, but trying to get back into things. You know, like the song says, "And you may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?" When nothing seems right -- like you're Goldilocks sitting in someone else's chair? But the chair has your name written right on it.

Rusty, ReadyandAble, Grace, Dorothy, Sudz, Kizzy, FBL, Steve, LDT, Bloss, Scott and everyone I'm missing -- I hope you're all well & good.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

all well here

and i always lives that line...

"how far do you want to go down that rabbit hole alice?"
Old 01-10-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
LDT

Running out the door in 5 minutes.....Just wanted to say and Happy Friday, Overs!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:28 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs

Hope you're all okay and I hope my friends from over the pond are managing to keep warm. I've seen your weather on the news and you have my sympathy.

Lisa, I'm still trying to picture you in a coat? I can't believe you even possess one!

Steve, too many hours. I'm looking forward to the day you tell us that you have a new job with decent hours. It has to be this year!
So proud of you re the smoking, that's fantastic news, keep it going.

Rusty, you're so funny, you never fail to make me smile.

I.P I know what you mean about non stop rain, we get plenty of that here. Once it starts it doesn't know when to stop.
I love scrabble too by the way, I think it's my most favourite game.
Talking about shorts, our postman delivers our mail on a bike, wearing shorts!! How wierd is that?

Lisa, I heard that about smoking too. Wow, can you imagine. Let us know your opinion on that Steve.

Lovely to see you posting Nel. I haven't posted much because I have too much going on. Are you still doing the hoola hoops?

Hi my lovely Midnight, life can only get better for you now that the real estate issue is done. As always, take each day as it comes. xxx

Courage, I'm well and good thank you. Love your quote about what the song says, so very true!

Rusty re your quote about Alice, we have a scupture in our town centre of the Mad Hatter's tea party. See.....

It's still very early here yet, 06.15 and the rest of the family are still asleep. It's pitch black still and I've got a wash load in and just enjoying a coffee while I'm having some 'me time.
I'm going to drop my mum off in town a bit later and bring my dad back here while she does some shopping and meets up with a friend. He was 82 last week, bless him, though he thinks he's 45 and still working, bless him.
We are also going out galavanting tonight, with another couple, who also happen to be my lovely daughter's outlaws and our closest friends. We're going out for a meal and it's good because my daughter's M.I.L doesn't drink. I will be the chauffeur anyway as always.

Have a good Saturday and if I get chance I will be back later.

Stay safe and sober

Grace xxx
Every journey we make starts with a single step and we have already done that on the day we stopped drinking, Whether you are two steps in or a thousand we are all on the same path and the others we meet on our journey in S.R will help us on our way. I love my journey because you are all on it with me. xxxx
Old 01-11-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

awe gracy!

hell, grateful i can make myself smile these days!
Old 01-11-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
LDT

Good Morning Overs,

No coat for me today. 4 days ago it was 22 degrees. Today it's 62 degrees. I had to turn my fire off. Please tell me it's not time for spring yet... I'm not ready.

Short post again, as my students are playing in a judged Piano Event today and I have to run...... I hope everyone has a lovely, sober Saturday. Back later.....
Old 01-11-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

A quick post to say hello. LDT, I'm in Montreal and here too, it went from minus 30 (celcius) to 4 degrees. CRAZY.

It was warmer in Antarctica than in Toronto last week.

Are the weekends harder for some of you? I find Fridays kind of hard, sort of a signal to wind down.

I'm still trying to get to know everyone here so I guess that's it for now.

DP
Old 01-11-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Glad you like it Rusty, it's cute isn't it?

Well wearing a coat didn't last long Lisa. I've got my fire on, it's cold and damp here. I ope the piano event goes well, come back and tell us all about it later. xxx

Dottie, my weekends used to be my drinking time. I didn't drink on work days, but Thursday through to Friday, I never stopped, morning,noon and night, wine, wine and more wine!! I have wasted so many weekends, so many blank days that I can remember nothing about. I don't miss that at all. My weekends are so precious now, I savour every minute of them. I am so much more productive now I don't drink.

Gxxx
Old 01-11-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
LDT

Hi guys. ALL of my piano students received the SUPERIOR rating! It's been a good day.

DP....Fridays use to be hard for me, but not so much these days. I just change my focus. I keep really busy and usually have a fresh pot of coffee on hand. I also tell myself, " It's just another day and just another beverage." I am always so surprised at how much normal drinkers really couldn't care less what's in my cup.

I had the opportunity today to reach out to a former piano student of mine that posted on Facebook that he was in rehab in Hazeldon, asking for love and support when he got back to town. I sent him a private message and told him to call me any time, day or night. I told him that it might seem bizarre receiving a message from his former piano teacher, but that I sought out people of all ages for support and to hear their stories when I first got sober. I really hope my message was well received.

And, just one hour before the game, may I say.....GO SAINTS!!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Good morning to you all. Happy Sunday.

LDT, sounds like you had a very good day yesterday. All your piano students getting superior ratings is excellent. Well done to you.
LDT that story about you reaching out to your former student brought tears to my eyes. I am sure that your message will be gratefully received and I am sure that he will welcome your support with open arms. xxx
I hope the Saints did well.

It's very quiet here this morning. Where are you all?
It's a very cold, wintery morning, I got up this morning and all is white and frosty and the cars are frozen over. I thought I asked you friends from over the water to keep the cold over there!!!!
I've not made any plans for today, just taking what ever the day brings. I've got a chicken on the go in the crock pot and I'm going to do a bit of housework and that's it I think.

Love to you all

Stay safe and sober

Grace xxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

We had friends over for dinner last night--we played Scrabble after and I beat the pants off everybody. If only there was a way to make money from being good at a board game….darn!
I feel bad because it's so warm here. Really really mild, but we are in the midst of a huge rain storm, so it's just raining and raining and raining and windy. Supposed to rain for another two weeks, arghhh.
About dinner last night--the couple brought one bottle of wine, which my bf and the guy shared between them. Me and the woman had tea and hot apple cider. We used to drink big time with this guy, and with her too for awhile before I quit. And I have to say that last night was not an ounce less fun or funny than any time we've been boozed up and partying. In fact I'm pretty sure I kept a better conversation, was funnier and probably less embarrassing for my bf at the end of the night without the slurring and stupid stories.
Once again---THANK YOU UNIVERSE for allowing me the strength to stop drinking.
It's been a pretty great weekend so far! I dropped my bf at his company Christmas party (don't ask) on Friday, which I boycotted this year because it's just a stand-around-and-drink-awkwardly event (awful) and I've gritted my teeth and smiled through it for three years now. Saturday morning was my 7:30 spin class with my dad which I live for, and then brunch for my very good girlfriend who is moving away (sad) then friends over last night. Today is lunch with my family then teaching my friend how to drive. She's 27 and doesn't have her license, has to get it before she goes north to work at the end of the month.
I am currently up early having some quiet time.

Congratulations LDT on being a kick*ss piano teacher! A+!!!
And good for you reaching out. Very kind of you. I've been thinking about joining AA, just to give back a little.

Enjoy your day inside with the warm chicken crockpot-y smell Grace.

All this crazy weather….where are we going, and why are we in this hand basket!!???

Stay warm everybody and have a nice relaxing Sunday hopefully! Don't forget to
Old 01-12-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Still here still sober just been working too much....Take care...Steve.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I.P I love scrabble and one of my friends here Snoozy is a whizz at it, she's just got through to a big scrabble tournament. It sounds like you had a really full, productive, happy weekend. Can't beat it can you. It's so good to be sober.
It's raining here now too, trouble is once it starts it doesn't know when to stop.

Good to see you Steve. Take care.

I'm off to bed now, got round two of the boring training course tomorrow.

Good night all

Grace xxxx