Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 15

Old 11-06-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ok guys, don't want to make anyone too randy but I just finally showered at 6pm and I'm actually forcing pants on! I'm making myself go to this thing. Then I'll pat myself on the back later
Old 11-06-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kellbell123 View Post
You have no idea how bad I want to tell them to shove it.

But today I'm just going to lay in bed and cry and feel sorry for myself
Right now I don't feel like drinking. Too sad. But I'm definately on alert for cravings this weekend. And I'll stay close.
Kell

I really, really wanted to leave a nasty Christmas present for my old company but then realised that I needed my ex-boss as a reference and he is actually a decent chap. So, all I did was download every single bit of data relating to my department to my own drive. Then transferred my emails to an alternate email address. So, minimal impact to the company as far as they are aware

I am not suggesting you do the same at all

Anyway, the hurt will gradually subside after a few days. Pls do be careful of how you are feeling. Stay very close to SR especially on the weekend and do not isolate yourself ! Left to your own thoughts would be risky !
Old 11-06-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Ok guys, don't want to make anyone too randy but I just finally showered at 6pm and I'm actually forcing pants on! I'm making myself go to this thing. Then I'll pat myself on the back later
Ooooh....(cold)
Old 11-06-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Kane you did make them do the Barefoot Funky Chicken Dance on broken glass that's pretty bad
Old 11-06-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Awesome, Plenny!!

I'm glad you're going and I hope you will be too! (I have a feeling that you WILL be!)
Old 11-06-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Soooo I fought with my AV all day about cleaning my house and finally got up and went to the store. On the way back to my apartment I made a plan of execution in my head and succeeded!

I've won yet another battle against you, AV! Muhahaha!

Sitting in my nice CLEAN living room as we speak! Feels goooood.

I shall reward myself by painting my nails!!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I think I'm going to miss my first meeting I got a bit of a cough sneeze its almost 7 15 I can't find anything to wear my hairs a mess so maybe I'll try again tomorrow but I'm sober
Old 11-06-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
I think I'm going to miss my first meeting I got a bit of a cough sneeze its almost 7 15 I can't find anything to wear my hairs a mess so maybe I'll try again tomorrow but I'm sober
The meetings aren't going ANYWHERE, Fishy! They'll still be there tomorrow, and a month from now, whenever you are able to make one. xo
Old 11-06-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post

The meetings aren't going ANYWHERE, Fishy! xo
I wanted to go but I started getting scared almost had a panic attack
Old 11-06-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

When we have those afraid to go moments, Fish, that is when I wish we all lived near one another and could get a little group to go!

I am afraid to go as well. Afraid to see people I know, as it is a small community in many ways, and a gossipy one.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

I TOTALLY get it, Fish, and want you to know that there is NOTHING to be ashamed of by choosing to stay home tonight.

I went to my first meeting in 2011 and my second one 2.5 months ago!

The more ready you are to go, the greater the chance you have of STAYING! Take your time and go whenever you're READY. It may be a month from now, and it may be a year from now!

AA can be REALLY intimidating at first, and the fact that you even considered going and looked up meetings is HUGE. I hope you're feeling good about taking the initiative to research meetings as opposed to feeling bad about not going!!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Fishy

Maybe you can try the online AA version as a starter ?

Online Intergroup : Alcoholics Anonymous
Old 11-06-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Nobody cares what you wear or about your hair.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Yeah I get the panic thing. Been to a bunch and they can still freak me out until I know people.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Geesh we are a chatty bunch.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post

Nobody cares what you wear or about your hair.
I don't care about what I wear or my hair either I just found out ways to talk myself out of it
Old 11-06-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I don't care about what I wear or my hair either I just found out ways to talk myself out of it
I thought that sounded a little out of character.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I agree with Rochele, Fish. I woulda be scared outta my gourd to even drive to where a meeting is held, let alone get outta the car and go in. Thank goodness for SR.

Kellbell, so sorry about your job. No, it's not "personal", but it sure feels like it and hurts like hell. Remember, corporations are soulless entities by definition. They exist only to increase shareholder value, and they don't give a flying rip about the people who work for them.

Brooksie, congrats on 40 day! And very happy to hear your kitty is on the mend.

Plenny, enjoy the meeting. Wear more than pants.

Lommey, strange situation at your house. I'd be thinking about changing some locks...
Old 11-06-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Fish, go when you are ready. Actually, no. Go when your heart and mind are open. Just know that we are with you in spirit and picture us walking you up to the front door. Then, those marvelous people skills of yours will kick in.

“Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgment that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. For now you are traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be.”
~ Meg Cabot
Old 11-06-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Fish, go when you are ready. Actually, no. Go when your heart and mind are open. Just know that we are with you in spirit and picture us walking you up to the front door. Then, those marvelous people skills of yours will kick in.
Quote:
“Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgment that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. For now you are traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be.”
~ Meg Cabot
I quoted this so that I could read it twice in a row!! So eloquently put (as usual) Lillian!