Notices

Class Of November 2013

Old 11-05-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Gonna try to make it through this month!
Old 11-05-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Marley

D
Old 11-05-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, would like to join in if I can. I am on to day 1 yet again.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Count me in as well, I am on dizzy, anxious day number 2. Work tomorrow is going to suck.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome guys

D
Old 11-06-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Entering day five here and checking in. I felt half way decent yesterday evening. Didn't sleep well last night and waking up this morning I actually had to do a mental inventory to make sure I hadn't been drinking. Feels so much like a hangover that it took me a minute to get my bearings. Been up less than an hour though and the fog and headache are almost cleared already with just some coffee and juice so I'm good to go.

After completing day 5 tonight that will be the longest without a drink in about 5 years. Friday morning when I get up and have 6 full days under my belt starting the 7th will be the longest since turning 21, 8 years ago. Stupid me knew I had a decent possibility of the genes when I started drinking. Turns out I was a natural from day 1 pretty much.

Live and learn I guess though it's time to put that aspect of my life behind and move on with the rest of it.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going Kiya

D
Old 11-06-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, been a while since I have posted on SR and unfortunately this post is one I wish I didn't have to write. Fell off recently, was at 70 days I believe when I let the cravings get to me. Back to day one and I'm joining the November class. Not gonna get myself down just pick up and get back to what's important in my life and that's sobriety.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Kiya, we r in the same spot. I'm on day 2. For my 1st day of sobriety I went to a concert. Haha sounds like a lil much but I'm glad I did. I love music and concerts and this was the 1st one I had been to completely sober since I was about 16. It was amazing! It was the 4th time I had seen the artist and the best time yet! Maybe just because I could actually really watch and listen. I was near a bar in the venue and had a few moments of lookin over and craving a drink... But I said f**k that. I had my mind made up before I went in. So happy I did it and still had a blast. I wasn't jumping around and singing like a fool or anything like usual.. Haha but still jammed out and had an awesome spot. Feelin really happy and just optimistic that I went and enjoyed it soo much sober!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Just checking in- it's the end of day 5 today. I am taking each day as it comes, going to work, going the gym (very gently), then coming home, reading on SR, healthy food and early nights. I just want to keep this routine going for some time as so far so good, and I feel very well for it so far. I've been making time to 'actively relax' if that makes sense by not checking my work emails late at night, switching my phone off etc. I am not bringing work home for the next few weeks and I putting my health first. Stress can make me feel like I have 'earnt' drinking if that makes sense- not that it is a good reward! I don't have children- just me and my husband- so I don't have the family stresses many people have. I feel fine so far BUT it is early days. One day at a time though. Hope everyone else is well.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Congrats Jessica, sounds like you're making some progress I'm on day 3, the dizziness has mostly subsided although the tiredness and anxiety still remains. It still feels weird to me even talking about this on a forum, it's definitely an adjustment. It's great to have awesome people though to help through these times. Keep going!
Old 11-06-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back atm

D
Old 11-06-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day four for me and feeling good. Luckily i dont suffer from any kind of physical withdrawal and it seems easy. My danger time is when the days start to rack up and over confidence about drinking kicks in. To prevent that from setting me back again i have been TOTALLY honest with my immediate family about how bad it had gotten. Now i have told the truth i have no room for slips as they would be devastated.
Today i had the most rubbish day at work. I have been under immense pressure at work and made a stupid mistake that resulted in me sending two of my team on a course, a two and a half hour train journey away the day after i should have. I wrote down the wrong date whilst doing ten things at once whilst on the phone. I know i will get in huge trouble for it and am feeling very anxious.
Do i want wine to destress.....HELL NO.....cammomile tea for me tonight.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Been milling around this site for a couple of days. I'm on Day 3 of my sober journey. Just was getting too upset with the way drinking makes me feel the morning after. I'm not in a happy place at the moment and found myself using drink as a way of numbing the general apathy I have for everything at the mo. It's just too dangerous a path to go down though. Frankly I'm terrified of sobriety and abstaining, full of questions and doubts etc. But it does seem like the only sensible option to help get me out of this dark tunnel I'm in.

Apophylite! Well done, that's a fantastic way to deal with your stress-realising that the wine will only make it worse. That's so inspiring for me to read something like this, thank you.

By checking in, I feel like it puts a proper stamp on my sober journey. We're in this together Novemberites!
Old 11-06-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome boombox

D
Old 11-06-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

We totally are boombox! Well done on day 3, and great name btw!!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

This is my day six check in! so far so good, i guess. Still adjusting to new way of being in the world, still trying to decide what to do with my social life, still feeling slightly flat - but that's ok. I'm not drinking.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I guess I'll bump this to get it back on the first page. Welcome everybody!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Ginger peach hot tea is da bomb. Gettin my drank on up in hurr
Old 11-06-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

This is my early day 6 check in. Today is the best I have felt in months. So far so good but early days. Stay strong everyone x