Notices

Class Of November 2013

Old 11-18-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Hi Gilmer! Good to see you in here too. I always love reading your posts and miss you when you're not posting. Sorry you're having a stressful day with deadlines. Any way you can take a short break and get some fresh air? Maybe a quick walk or a run to the coffee shop for a little time for yourself would help.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Thanks, Siesta and peacehappyness. I will probably be back indefinitely now. I got off the computer and dragged my eyes across the page. Not much made sense, but I did it. Now i can read the material that explains it! Worse comes to worst, I know I'll be fresher in the morning. I'm ready now, at 2pm, for a good night's sleep! My family will be taking my husband out for his postponed birthday dinner tonight, so I'll be getting out.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VitaminB6 View Post
Day 4 for me. Energy levels a bit low but I guess that's to be expected after so little sleep (had a reasonable night's sleep last night) and less food than I'd usually eat.

This is perfectly normal combined with an anxiety disorder too, right?
That is exactly the way I felt on day 4. I also found myself becoming extremely emotional. I read that is normal as the brain tries to center itself with no alcohol.

Great job on the 4 days!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Hi Gilmer! Great to have you with us. I think we all need some hand holding. That's why we're here. As far as being weak, I think you're not giving yourself enough credit. You are still here and fighting. That shows strength! Sometimes life's battles are long and drawn out but perseverance will overcome. Keep with it and lean on us for support. Hopefully this will be the last newbie group you have to join. Think of how much easier those papers would be to write if you had a clearer, more focused mind. I'm just starting to find my focus. Wow, what a difference. It's like the lifting of a 20 year fog.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I am reading the same line in my book over and over.
I've been doing that a lot too, even on this forum. I hate brain fog, can't remember the last time I didn't have it.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
Welcome back, Avra!

What situation led you to pick up a drink?
Well not that it is a valid excuse, but my husband decided to drink because he is going through some stress with his dad having stage 4 lung cancer. I caved, i guess I used it as an excuse.

The reality is his dad is going to get worse and my hubbie will probably drink again many times over it. I am going to just have to decide to not drink myself. I guess there will always be some stress in life, i cant cave everytime like that.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Avra, I'm so sorry about your husband's dad having cancer. My husband's dad died of cancer, and there's almost nothing worse than feeling helpless while your husband is in pain.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Administrator

for those who don't know we close threads at around 500 posts and open a new one to stop things getting too unwieldy.

please join us here for part 2 of this thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2-2013-a.html