Administrator

Class of October 2013 - Part 4

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 10-29-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Spinning Sober

Hi everyone! I'm feeling better in spirits today, still a little under the weather. I've been rather tired! I'm on day 11 but I've been trying to not really count the days. Earlier today. I finished reading There is a Solution in the Big Book. I talked to a mechanic and my car should be ok to get me to the meeting and back until he can fix it Monday. I hope all the Tobers are well

Last edited by dizzychainsaw; 10-29-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-29-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleDragons
It is frustrating, Tempe. I have some guilt and shame and lately, I am annoyed that I spent that much time of my life in a haze. Even when I wasn't making a fool of myself, I only half remember movies, events, holidays and vacations that were all precious days of my life. I am kind of sad that the wake-up call took this long. However, the positives of all this, is that I now have a special appreciation of sober life, I have more empathy for people in general, I am taking much better care of my physical health, and I have no "wonder what it is like" about partying/drinking. I got the full tour on that one . . . . :P
I'm right there with you DD. Wish it didn't take me so long to wake up and get sober but still lots of life ahead. Can't change the past, only learn from it!

Wow... Such insight. Thank you both and everyone else who responded. Your posts so eloquently express how I feel.

I guess my job now is to move forward and let people judge/accept based on current BEHAVIOUR as sober friend. Accept my past, but change my future and let them see me walk my talk.

Prayers and courage to all in this new life.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

>>>quietly creeps in<<<

Hi all. I am a woefully bad Tobermate! I've been trolling...and keeping up, but have had little time to post. I'm going to try to catch up with posts tomorrow.

All is good in this hood!

Stay well everybody!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey all. I was in middle of a profound post (or so I thought at the time), but then my battery went dead and 10 hours later I can't remember what it was about. Guess my memory is pretty bad even sober :/. Well, day 16 almost over, watching tv with my husband. I have a wine glass filled with cranberry juice on the table. I do like my fancy glasses. Set a goal to get back to gym tomorrow morning. Keep fighting the good fight everyone!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey guys! I'm 25 days in. Today I was in the crappiest b*tchiest mood ever. However, this may sound crazy to some but I was happy. I was a b*tch, but a sober one. Its felt great to have a crappy day and not have liquor, being drunk, or withdrawals to be the blame.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Tobers,
Thank you guys so much for the support yesterday. Today was a MUCH better day. I feel like I have a little better handle on my urges now. I've read once again about urge surfing and I think it actually sunk into my brain this time around! I did a online SMART meeting earlier, I learned some great things. So all in all day 10 was pretty great. I can only hope tomorrow will be more of the same! *fingers crossed*
Old 10-29-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Fellow Tobers;
Just a few days left in the month. I want to thank everyone for you friendship and support on the journey so far and looking forward to keeping connected and keeping sober in the following months
Old 10-29-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

for anyone who doesn't know...this thread continues into next month and beyond...but we move to the Daily Support forum. after the 31st

Next months newbies - the Novembers - will take your place in this forum.

I'll leave plenty of redirects, but pass it on..we always seem to lose peeps in the move
D
Old 10-29-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi, Party People. (kidding!) It is officially a month for me. Today I had some pure moments of joy of just feeling really, really good for no one particular reason. It was so great. I really hope that is a reoccurring event due to sobriety. Joy while drinking is just so manufactured and chemical. Pure, healthy, natural connected joy is the bomb!!!

Night, night Tobers! Good on everyone's sobriety. Seems like everyone has been having good days the last couple of days. Let's just keep on keepin' on!!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just about to close out day 5. I know I joined this class kind of late, but I really hope we all can continue into the coming months.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi all, day 17 begins and feeling good
Old 10-29-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just joined SR today, so I guess I am a little late to this thread. Day 3.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi NY - welcome
Old 10-29-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Waking Up Sober--priceless

Hey All,
I'm headed to western Colorado tomorrow and then taking my folks to Palm Desert on Thur.
I'm not taking my computer but will have my Android, so I'm not likely to post much in the next 11 days until I get back home.
Stay Strong--enjoy your sobriety, and I'll just be reading for a while.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome NTCowboy
bon voyage WhitePawn

congrats DD

D
Old 10-29-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Bilr...I totally hear you regarding reasons to get smashed with the guys. I'm a baseball fan too and always got lit at MLB games. In May I spent a weekend in NYC - a pivotal one in terms of deciding to get sober. Me and some buddies went to the Yanks game on the Friday night and never actually made it to our seats, standing in the concessions area guzzling beers and acting childish all evening. What a waste!! It was Yankees vs Red Sox no less. Drinking was such a major priority for me that it trumped everything else. What a shame. Memories such as this give me all the more motivation to live sober from here on out, otherwise life will just pass me by...
Old 10-29-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

App works fine again Dee...thanks!!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

thank the techies SM , not me

D
Old 10-30-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm off to detox/rehab in a few hours so I guess I should join the October class.

I won't have internet access for some time but when I do I will check in.