# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of September 2013 - Part 13

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-12-a-21.html

D
Old 10-27-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gah! I had a long post from my phone about craving and wanting badly to drink after blowing up at my son for being positively annoying.

That is the short version. Sunday night, stores closed may have saved me.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Gah! I had a long post from my phone about craving and wanting badly to drink after blowing up at my son for being positively annoying.

To think, when I lived in the south I used to get upset about Sunday alcohol restrictions. Georgia just lifted that rule, and now it makes me kind of sad.

Glad that those laws are still in place in your neck of the woods, Rochele! Stay strong!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Wow I missed a lot!

First of all, Fish, your silly redneck butt belongs here in this class. I think your friends did what a lot of people do when there is an issue like this, be it sobriety or illness, etc - they make the decision FOR the person instead of asking the person. They were probably trying to be thoughtful. People do stupid things like that all the time. Once we weren't invited to a huge party because the host didn't want the baby there. UM maybe you could ask us and we could have gotten a babysitter...? It's definitely annoying for sure, but not a reason to throw out your sobriety. You have a lot of reasons to stay sober. I also think you should try some meetings just to meet some nice new people that know how to hang out without booze all the time. I will be really sad if you leave!

Rochele, isn't it funny how all of those old laws that we used to hate are good for us now? Where I live you can only buy wine at liquor stores. I refuse to bring my kid into a liquor store so I could only buy wine when I had child care. It used to annoy me so much, but now I am THRILLED I don't have to face wine in grocery stores and places like Target, like where I used to live.

Br00ksie, that is so exciting!!!!! Wow! I am so jealous and I want lots of details on how all of the cast members are! Omg. That is so awesome. And btw so many of my friends love the performer you sometimes work for. I haven't seen what they are in but that is really cool.

As for me, spent the afternoon studying and will spend the evening studying. I need to fit some yoga and a shower in.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Will do Renarde!! ... By the way, did you see that you got a shoutout today on someone's post?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...gratitude.html

Off to my weekly marijuana anonymous meeting to get my 30 day chip!! Woooo hooo!

Have a wonderful day everyone! Xoxoxo
Old 10-27-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

And Brooksie, part of that post I lost was about how cool for you and your SNL gig! I also want details, if you care to share or PM. We watch it loyally! On my computer now, so easier to type!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Brooksie! I had not seen that.

I'm with Rochele! Details here or PM!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sign me up for details or a PM, too, Brooksie! Ahhhh.....the responsibilities of being a celebrity!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

I personally don't believe those weird "coincidences" have much to do with "religion". I have heard so many stories and experienced enough unexplainable things like that myself that I am convinced that there is much more to this world than meets the eye.

Hang on Fish. Finding real life support can make a big difference. I should take my own advice, too, while I'm at it.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by GotGrace View Post
Sign me up for details or a PM, too, Brooksie! Ahhhh.....the responsibilities of being a celebrity!
Hahaa, I am by NO means a celebrity ...(Yet)!

But because of my work, I have rubbed shoulders with a ton of them and for the most part they are all eccentric weirdos. (Not talking about my boss, she is an angel and one of the rare real people in the industry!)

I will be sure to share alllll of the SNL details with you guys!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning all ! A peaceful weekend at the end.

Sorry but I think I was misleading on the al-anon post. My partner doesnt have a drinking issue, she is one of the normal ones. In fact, she rarely drinks and usually 2 glasses of wine is her maximum. I was thinking of al-anon for her to attend ! The reason for that is that I was upset that she didnt seem to be interested that I had lost my job and she was upset that I wasnt interested in her new projects. To the point where she had refused to discuss the project with me as I didnt indicate interest in the past. My initial reactions were that she was being self centred and didnt she realize what I am trying to do staying sober ? I then gave it some long thought on Saturday night and on Sunday morning I apologized to her for not taking interest in her projects (even though I didnt feel like apologizing). She cried and said it was tough as everyone was concerned for my sobriety but no one was interested in listening to her side and what she is going through. I then understood and was glad to have made amends. Afterwards, we had a really solid chat about our finances, commitments and her new projects. I think we both felt good after that. The rest of the day was cheerful and peaceful.

Its hard to admit being self centred but it is true. I am being self centred about my sobriety. However, at the least, I was able to see that. I wouldnt have realized that at all with my alcoholic mind in full play.

Fishy: glad to see you pull through. I believe you are going to enjoy sobriety as much as your horse and dog. Keep close buddy

Br00ksie: so we have a celebrity in our midst ! That must be a big thrill for you !

Rochele: be glad of tough liquor laws My view is that one can dislike an unpleasant emotion but to let it be. Just focus on something else like SR !

Have a lovely Sunday night/day/evening/afternoon/morning all ! My gratitude and thanks as ever to all !!

Old 10-27-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well after feeling pretty good earlier im feeling a bit down and lonely tonight, know im not the only person alone tonight- for me its a LOT harder in the evenings this sobriety thing. Always feel better in the morning for some reason.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey 1Step

What's up ? Loneliness is different to solitude. Are you able to keep yourself engaged or busy with an activity ? Any activity which makes you physically move around ?
Old 10-27-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Kaneda, im just watching the footy highlights at the moment, going to bed soon, just a bit of a boring sunday night I suppose, ive got two aa meetings planned for tomorrow and meeting someone for a coffee after the first one, so have a lot planned.

Suppose im seeing when in the past ive drank on emotions- suppose its good I can recognise when im in danger, being active on this site helps.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

1Step

Good to hear that. Just remember to post if you feel a strong emotion. We can be your online sponsor

Btw, Go POOL !!! hehehe
Old 10-27-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Renarde I don't know what your feeding your little puppy in the avatar but he looks a little edgy
Old 10-27-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by rochele View Post

sorry Rochele - the old thread was way over length, it needed to be closed and I had somewhere to be.

I'm sorry today was so trying.
have you tried urge surfing before?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
D
Old 10-27-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
Renarde I don't know what your feeding your little puppy in the avatar but he looks a little edgy
Fishy

I think its a fox. Either that or one of us needs new glasses
Old 10-27-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
Hahaa, I am by NO means a celebrity ...(Yet)!

But because of my work, I have rubbed shoulders with a ton of them and for the most part they are all eccentric weirdos. (Not talking about my boss, she is an angel and one of the rare real people in the industry!)

I will be sure to share alllll of the SNL details with you guys!
Omg, I seriously need details! Who have you met and what are they like? PM us girls
Old 10-27-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
LOL, he is edgy. He's a fox. Renarde = (female) fox in french