Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 23

Old 10-27-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Undies.

Drake cool pic of that Rolls

Steve hope you enjoyed the fight even tho your cousin didn't win.

Grace let's trade weather! So bright and sunny here about 70degrees. Tomorrow were supposed to have some rain tho which probly only means a sprinkle.

Slept till about 7am today and getting some stuff done around the house. Nothing too exciting.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Carlos- My shirts showed up at my house, but I have not been there yet to check them out. They'll be waiting when I get home though! I'm not gonna say whether limerick-land is safe or not: it's just gonna have to be 'Enter at your own risk.'

Grace- 'The naughty cupboard?' I won't ask what you do in there...
Old 10-27-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi again Undies

So far so good. The storm hasn't quite hit us in the North West yet, we had a bit of a whirl this afternoon but it's surprisingly calm now, apparently we are due to get the brunt of it in the early hours of the morning. I'm not worrying about it and we have plenty of candles and torches to hand.

Toots I hope it's not too bad for you down in bonny Scotland.

If only we could trade B.F, if only for a few days, it would be good. I don't know, we're never satisfied are we? We always want what we can't have!!
Nothing too exciting sounds good to me, I'm happy with the quiet life.

DG, that's for me to know and you to wonder, lol.

Good night all

Sleep well

Grace xxxx
Old 10-27-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I missed you all. No reason I haven't been on here. I still haven't had a drink. Nine months on the second. I'm in a bit of a depression and a lot has happened since I last posted. I haven't had bad urges until last night. My lil bros bday and for various reasons I knew that if I headed home I would stop and get a drink so I just spent the night at my moms. I need to stay close. I can feel myself slipping. BTW I saw everyone's happy eight months. Toots, I have your banner/picture as my phone background It makes me happy!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you melivin

if you wanna talk more about whats goin on, I'm sure we'd all love to help you through this low

D
Old 10-27-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Undies,

Melivin, you did the right thing to stay at your mom's. Today I was supposed to do something somewhere that was a kind of habitual drinking occasion for me, and I realized I just didn't need the stress of facing it. People, places and things. It's not worth it. I did something else.

Please do stay close to SR -- no such thing as too much! Also, are you getting any "live" support? Anyone you can phone or see face-to-face? (( ))
Old 10-27-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hang in there "Melvin"!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Melvin- Congrats on 9 months!!! 3/4 of a year, WOW!!! You're doing fantastic!! Do hang close. It's good to hear from you, I was thinking about you recently and wondering how you were.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Drake: I love your signature line!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks Samwitch... It sorts sums up the battle for sobriety nicely for me. And who doesn't like Glinda??
Old 10-27-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

I am feeling in a rather crappy mood this evening. Really been fighting off a bug for a few days. It feels like I am going to get another bad headache right now. I think it is hotel room heaters. I miss my regular AA meetings. I miss my bed. I miss golf.

From the other spectrum, it was quite nice to pop on here and see Melivin post. Been thinking about you. Congrats on 9 months. Stay close and keep your sobriety #1. You have come very far. AND ditto what Slick Chic (courage) said.

SW, another bright light for tonight. Go going on the 9 days. Welcome home.

Be safe tonight, all Gracie's.

Toots, I will do the steam thing when I get home on Wednesday if my headache's persist. Thanks for the idea.

Drake, have your desires past? Hope so.

DG, you got me runnin a bit scared...may hit limericks in the morn and plan my strategy.

Dotty, our run-around girl is spreading her wings. We expect a full accounting, young lady.

Steve, what's cookin...literally.

Again, Snoozeq and wwg, we are all thinking about you.

I know that things will get better...just wish I felt better.

Nite, Undies....hope that I can sleep n peace. Thanks for cheering me upnow though. I needed it! xx
Old 10-27-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
And who doesn't like Glinda??
Actually, love the sig line but personally I was always against Glinda. Thought she was a phoney, myself.

Alcoholic attitudes, even then!

Feel better, Carlos!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Melivin glad to see you on here posting. Happy almost 9 months! That's rad. Keep posting here. I know when I don't get on sr it can really throw off my outlook on sobriety and the AV can sneak right in.

Carlos hope tomorrow's a better day for you!

Grace hope that storm isn't too bad!

Ok so I know I've been saying how mellow the weekend has been and all but I do have something huge about to happen in my life. The biggest test of my life/career is coming up and I've debated about posting due to public viewing but whatever. So you all remember how I was in school and finished up last July!? Well I found out last weekend that I was accepted to take a big test for my state license regarding my job. There were some extra steps I had to go thru Bc of my DUI back in 2007 but I got it all accepted. So I've been studying some today and my big test is A couple weeks away. I don't wanna say what my profession is on this thread here Bc it probly wouldn't be good if a co worker were to ever find out about SR and stuff. So that's my big secret! It's very exciting for me Bc this is the first time I've done something all by myself. High school parents helped a lot with projects but this trade school and state board exam is 100% me and even more possible with sobriety in my life.

Hi toots, DG, drake, samwich, Dottie, dee, Steve, WWG, Tanja, courage and everyone else!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
p***enger

Boozefree congratulations on your opportunity! As test time approaches, I'll be sending you strong vibes for good luck + great performance!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes BF

D
Old 10-28-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
And who doesn't like Glinda??
Me, our mother always liked her best!

I love Halloween, instead of sending small children screaming for their mothers, I get complimented on my costume ( I never wear one)

Mel! Welcome back sweetheart, I have missed you! I am so glad you are still sober, stick close honey

BF oh so proud of you! Remember to go study in the library if it gets loud at home. Rather than getting stressed does your boss know? Do you get any kind of dispensation at work for studying? Come and shout out here if ever you are stressing, you will fly this one.

Sam welcome back, into double digits now.

DG do we get a photo of you in the shirt??

Drake, I hope all is well with you?

Carlos, if you have a kettle in your hotel room, no need to wait to get home, get a bowl from housekeeping! Don't get too stresses sweetie, stick closes when you can.

Grace, I hope you are not getting blown off your feet, are you working today? I bet you get loads of 'lost power' calls. For a change you have it worse than me! And hellooooo, who taught you your geography???? Scotland? Down there? Up here you muppet!!!! Lol 🌍

Have a safe happy sober week Undie pals xx
Old 10-28-2013, 02:21 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

RIP Lou Reed. Thank you for A Perfect Day
Old 10-28-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Just a pop-in from a lurker, hoping everyone in the UK is riding out the storm all right.

Grace, you don't miss much, do you? XO

Last week's news, but Toots, I love that pic of you so much! Such joy, so full of life. You're beautiful. I have a dog named Tootsie, a little Boston Terrier.

Melivin, hang in there. You are well loved here, that's obvious.

IWLSAST, I use your user name as a mantra sometimes when I'm feeling weak (which is quite often, in fact). Thanks for it.

Thanks all you Undies for letting me lurk and drop in. You are a great group.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies!

I've been missed in action (a lot of work). Missed you all! I have to give my eye a break from computer, then catch up with your posts and come back)

Hugs to all!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning my Monday Undies

Hope to find you all good and well.

The storm was a bit of a non event, I was a bit disappointed to be honest, because I'm weird like that. It went very dark yesterday afternoon and a bit blowy, it's hammering down with rain and very blowy still but that's it, so far so good. They had it bad in other areas, down south mainly, but we've been lucky.
Not in work today, but had my dad again this morning and I've got school pick ups later. No rest for the wicked!

Melvin it's great to see you back and you were very wise to stay at your mums and to start posting again, stick close, you need all the support you can get when you're down, especially when the cravings set in. Feel free to vent here and get it off your chest, sometimes just getting it down in black and white helps. xxxx
8 months is awesome by the way, congratulations.

Courage, you were right to avoid that event, it just isn't worth the risk, if in doubt don't!

Morning Drake, D.G and Samwich, I like your signature too Drake. Glinda knows what she's talking about!

Hi Carlos, I hope you're feeling much better today, it's rotten when you don't feel so good. Only two more sleeps and it will be Wednesday. Stick with it and stick close my friend.

B.F, wow, you dark horse, that's excellent news and I wish you the very, very best. You deserve it after all the work you have put in.
Hey you know, if on the off chance a colleague did come across s.r it could likely be for the same reasons you came across it. I understand your need to remain anonymous though, I wouldn't like my colleagues to stumble across me on here either.

Excuse me Toots, Muppett??? I was just testing you, you nerd!
No I'm not in work today so I won't be dealing with any lost supply calls, I don't deal with those anyway to be honest, though I have done in the past. Boiler cover is my line of work, lucky me! ( not)
Yes R.I.P Lou Reed.

Hi Nuway, lovely to see you posting and no I don't miss much, I always look out for you to be honest. Please post more and stick close.

Matthew, where are you my friend, don't make me come over to Boston.
Off to get some lunch now

Have a good day and stay and sober.

Grace xx

Just for Today: Throughout the day, I will check my attitude and keep it positive.