Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 11

Old 10-16-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Kane I really will try
Old 10-16-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Renarde well done I should be at 7 weeks with you but relapsed at 4 weeks.

very wet dull morning here and nervous about my weekend away with hubby to a lovely
spa from Friday to Sunday, drink thoughts already in my head, F==k I hate these thought the are so dangerous.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Some days I just want to cuddle next to the fireplace with my bottle of whiskey and get tore up.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Who knows maybe I am not supposed to be a sober rational functioning person maybe I was born to be the town drunk it sure doesn't seem to be easy to be sober
Old 10-16-2013, 03:29 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
Some days I just want to cuddle next to the fireplace with my bottle of whiskey and get tore up.
Of course you do. But you don't and that's the point.
Life without our alcohol is a HUGE shock in every way. Its like we have to learn to walk all over again

Good job Fishnhippy!!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Who knows maybe I am not supposed to be a sober rational functioning person maybe I was born to be the town drunk it sure doesn't seem to be easy to be sober
I used to tell myself this.
Now I know it was my addiction talking and not me.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Black and Fishy

Snap out of those thoughts ! Don't let the addiction seduce you through anxiety and self pity ! It's not the easy path except to hell.

What is worth attaining is never easy. Both of you have your sobriety now. Keep working at it !

Hang in there and keep posting !
Old 10-16-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Black and Fishy
Stay strong. Remember why you are here and why you chose sobriety! See it all the way through -- not so pretty, huh?
I have in way too many occasions romantasized drinking. I grew up around heavy drinkers and I have convinced myself 'this is who I am' or 'in our family we drink'. Like somehow drinking made me cool or tough. Isn't that sad? Doesn't alcohol really just make us look foolish, get sick, depressed and miserable?

Ask yourself... Is it worth it? Big hugs for both of you. I hope you find a way out of these thoughts!!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My dad made it to 62 years old and I honestly don't believe I had ever seen the man sober one time in my life
Old 10-16-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I believe my sobriety is priceless BECAUSE it was so hard to do!

And because it was SOOOO hard for me to do I work at maintaining it so I never have to endure the quitting part again.

Be careful indulging any thoughts for too long. Distract yourself from this mindset. If I had let myself follow my thoughts I would've felt sorry for myself and that's my springboard to drink.

I recommend daily posting on the gratitude threads to counteract it. It's not fun at first. I couldn't think of any grats at first. But now I have to narrow them down because my mindset has changed.

Hang in there!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Hey FishHippy,
Remember that nice fun SOBER weekend you had in the mountains with your sons?
Old 10-16-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I think you were meant to be the funny, kind person we have seen here and the sober dad you want so badly to be.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
I need patience about my work. My bosses really hack me off. They are rude, unprofessional, take things for granted and just dump on me. The worst was that I didnt receive a bonus which I didnt really expect as I recently joined but they didnt have the courtesy of telling me. They told my staff that I wasnt getting a bonus and copied me on the email ! When I asked them to kindly explain the reasons why, there was no reply. That made my blood boil. All I get is demands but when I request they fulfil their responsibilities, its like emailing to a black hole. I will eventually leave but need to be here for at least a year otherwise it doesnt look good on my resume. Also the job market is pretty bad at the moment. Damn it ! Just wanted to vent my frustrations ! NO desire to drink, they dont deserve that.
Sounds like your douchey bosses feed off of negativity and control. Try not to let them suck you into their negative bulls*t while at work.

My mom always said that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. The more you stay positive, the more difficult others will find it to be negative. You already know your gig is temporary and time flies!

Also, I hope venting on SR helps!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I actually bought a 750 ml yesterday evening it has not been opened yet but it is staring me right in the eyes.It Is like a sexual attraction kind of like I got an alcohol stiffy. I shouldn't be bugging everybody
Old 10-16-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

I know I already said this but I had one of the best weekends ever had this weekend I had a fantastic time my spirits are high I think I can do this now
So glad you are, Fish. And it's not bugging, it's communicating. I hope you throw that bottle in a neighbor's trash can!

I think you can do this, too!!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Fishnhippy - please keep posting so we can help you through this - you are not a bother. We all want you to remain sober and I think deep down you do too

Can you dump the alcohol? That is mighty tempting, if you remove the temptation you an than focus on fighting through this craving.

You can do this. We believe in you!!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am on the 10th day since my relapse had a great weekend was doing good this Week read some post about somebody's Baby got me thinking about our baby girl that we lost 32 years ago she made it about 8 weeks she had a hole in her heart I try not to think of it or dwell on it but it comes back. I gotta get up and do something
Old 10-16-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I am on the 10th day since my relapse had a great weekend was doing good this Week read some post about somebody's Baby got me thinking about our baby girl that we lost 32 years ago she made it about 8 weeks she had a hole in her heart I try not to think of it or dwell on it but it comes back. I gotta get up and do something before I lose my mind
Old 10-16-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sorry about the double post
Old 10-16-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your baby girl. Sometimes it's hard to know what to do with that pain and drinking can be such an easy way to numb out.

Think about your baby girl looking down on her papa. Make her proud!

Allow yourself to feel this pain, it's ok. When we drink the pain away we never really allow ourselves to feel it, acknowledge it and eventually come to peace with it.

Hang in there Fish. This too shall pass.