Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 10

Old 10-11-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

At Cracker Barrel ordered some pancakes for dinner.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
I'm going to go out an eat at a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol. I think sobriety is winning but it's a helluva battle.
UI, keep fighting friend. It is a battle.

For me, in these moments I think ahead to tomorrow morning and how I'm going to feel. Hangover, self-loathing....starting that clock all over again...sick to my stomach. And losing to a stupid beverage.

So dude - you got this, right??!!
Old 10-11-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

pancakes nom nom nom
Old 10-11-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

At Cracker Barrel ordered some pancakes for dinner.
Cracker Barrel reminds me of cheese. Pancakes....ok, I'm hungry now. Off to breakfast
Old 10-11-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well done UI!

I think in the beginning it comes down to choices. How you drive home, where you sit, what you eat, who you hang with, who you tell......etc

The thing to remember is: it isn't gonna always be this way! I promise!. I can go to restaurants and bars now if I want. I can tell anyone. Etc. But I've got 20 months. You have to remember the stage you're at and behave accordingly.

You are mastering something new and incredibly important . It's not pleasant to be a beginner at something again. Thats why humility is so connected to sobriety.

You did a fine thing for yourself tonight. You had choices and you chose keeping your sobriety safe. In the beginning it is like a little baby. You must shelter and protect it till it is stronger.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Cracker Barrel - reminds me of when my sister was married. Invited 400 people to this wedding. She registered at Crate N Barrel, a fancy home decoration and housewares store for those outside the U.S.

My mother got confused and told everyone my sister was registered at Cracker Barrell. My sister got a LOT of cheese and meat baskets as wedding presents.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

That is funny, Lillian.

UI, thanks for being open and I hope your dinner helps your cravings. Maybe got a movie on the way home?

I had awful cravings last weekend.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Just ate a ridiculous amount of food.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Just ate a ridiculous amount of food.
Did it help?
Old 10-11-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post

My mother got confused and told everyone my sister was registered at Cracker Barrell. My sister got a LOT of cheese and meat baskets as wedding presents.
OMG that's funny Lillian. I just walked past all the junk they sell in the front of that restaurant. It must have been quite a wedding.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Yeah I think I'm good now. Thanks all. Back home and feeling stronger.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Sorry I have no idea what's going on in the thread guys, but I'm with some friends and my DF who cut off our friendship without an explanation. She's holding court and I'm sitting off to the side. That's why I'm here typing. I hate her right now. I'm also worried about her. But I wish I could just be great and cool and not look like I'm being self pitiful. It's a tough social situation to navigate, the way everyone is sitting I can't go there and if I get up and leave I look huffy that I'm not getting attention...
Old 10-11-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Yeah I think I'm good now. Thanks all. Back home and feeling stronger.
Good man. <<pat on shoulder>> Surf those urges until they pass.

Yah, the wedding was a formal wedding too - tuxedos, fancy hotel, gourmet dinner. Beef jerky, checkerboard plastic table covers and cracker jacks were quite the cherry on the cake of the day.

OK I'm off to go visit with my sister and dad tonight to watch them be uncomfortable with my new sobriety.

UI - great job again.

Night all!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Yep. Not happening today. I'll worry about tomorrow when I get there. Thanks for being there in my time of struggle. Going to watch some bad TV now.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Sorry I have no idea what's going on in the thread guys, but I'm with some friends and my DF who cut off our friendship without an explanation. She's holding court and I'm sitting off to the side. That's why I'm here typing. I hate her right now. I'm also worried about her. But I wish I could just be great and cool and not look like I'm being self pitiful. It's a tough social situation to navigate, the way everyone is sitting I can't go there and if I get up and leave I look huffy that I'm not getting attention...
I'm sorry you are struggling with that uncomfortable situation Plenny. I would offer advice but I think you are probably far ahead of me socially.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Do you have to pay attention to what she is saying or can you zone off ?
Old 10-11-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Picked up two pints of my fave ice cream. Wish I had more to give the group but I feel very depleted. Lillian, I really liked that theory you posted. Thank you so much.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

UI - well done!!

After all the preparation for the going away party tonight I ultimately decided not to go. I was having thoughts of drinking this morning and I just knew I wasn't strong enough. I texted her and asked if we could get together for coffee before she leaves. I feel bad but I have to keep my sobriety priority number one.

I'm very tired from a busy week at work and a mentally exhausting one fighting cravings. I can't wait for it to get easier. But for now it's one day at a time. About to curl up in bed and watch movies.

Take care Sept friends
k
Old 10-11-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Today was one of those days I had to work real hard at remembering all the reasons I stopped drinking.

My body's stiff and sore, probably because there's a whole lot of rain on the way, I've been super-tired all day, and I'm feeling emotional, too. Haha, more emotional than normal for me. I sure know that feeling of wanting some oblivion tonight.

A
Arguing back and forth in my head about why I should drink and why I shouldn't. Whined to my husband about it, just to get the thinking into the open. He's being supportive this time, when before I got serious about stopping, he'd agree that I should drink because he was trying to make me happy. Now he gets it that it's not good for me after seeing me fall down and hurt myself several times, so he reminds me I don't need that anymore.

So the thought of giving in and going to get a bottle or ten gets replaced by wondering what'll happen to that blood pressure that just got back to normal? What'll happen to my insides that I'm trying to heal? Can I just do it for one night, or will it be setting me off for who knows how long? Then I'll have to go through the quitting process all over again. I'll have to admit that I drank again to everyone. And to my sister that is so happy I've stopped again.

If we could swear on SR, I'd really let loose, but I'll restrain myself. Out of respect for people who don't appreciate that kind of language and because I might melt my laptop.

Sigh. F* it. Just for tonight I won't drink. Instead I'll make some popcorn, curl up on the couch and watch something on Netflix. And eat some more dark chocolate.

The thought of waking up with a clear head tomorrow has become more appealing than the thought of waking up hungover and full of remorse.

UI, those pancakes made me drool. (good job resisting the demon-pancakes are way better, anyway) I was going to tell you to have some for me too, but it sounds like you already did. That's my most favourite breakfast, but I quit eating grain 3 years ago and haven't had any since. Except for the one time I made some with coconut flour. I think I'll do that again this weekend.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

It is going to take super human power to make it through this weekend.