Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 10

Old 10-13-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

I have a person like that. When I had to move away it broke my heart. Sometimes life hurts and there isn't much we can do except take care of ourselves. Wish I could give you a hug. I'm sorry you are hurting.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Thanks ((((hugs)))))
I appreciate it
Old 10-13-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Plenny and Renarde,

thank you for being wonderful, smart and insightful women!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Wanted to say hello and goodnight to everyone!

Hope everyone stayed strong and had a wonderful weekend! Mine was quite uneventful. I will catch up on posts maņana.

((Hugs))
Old 10-14-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Sweet and peaceful dreams Br00ksie
Old 10-14-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Lovely sunny morning here in Ireland and ready for another sober day and week.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Good morning from rainy Wales

Busy but uneventful weekend downloaded some meditation music and one guided meditation going to start listening to them tonight.

Finally dawned on me that my happiness as been linked to others for so long it really should come from contentness within its going to be hard but worth the work.

On the hubby front we booked a break away (with my dad but plenty of opportunity to be on our own) there's a gym indoor swimming pool sauna and beauty treatments oh and a bar boo. I see how it goes with us. Think I need to be happy on my own we all alone really within ourselves with our thoughts we with us a long time I need to learn and trust me anything else is a bonus.

Wow way to deep for Monday morning lol hope everyone has a good sober day xxx

P's love all your posts
Old 10-14-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
I haven't read any recent posts but I want to die right now. Just cleaned up the worst poop accident of all time, involving: a massive, rapidly disintigrating toddler poop in a tub full of water; bubble bath that wouldn't drain and hence mixed with the poop, forming chunky brown foam; a toilet that clogged with all of the poop foam and toilet paper used to clean it out; a tub drain filled with poop. All I wanted was a freaking hot bath tonight and the tub is full of bleach and I don't know if I can get over the mental block anyway! If I had wine in the house I would probably seriously kill someone standing in the way. Usually I can deal with this but this was the fourth poop accident today and probably the worst I've ever seen in nearly 3 years. I seriously give up. I want to lay on the floor in the fetal position.
Too much information
Old 10-14-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

So many wonderful posts since I last checked before bed last night! Wish I could take time to respond but I have to get ready for my 9-5. Another day another dollar!
Yesterday I did not have one craving! Thank goodness as Friday and Saturday were brutal. I'm happy to say I made it through the weekend sober. It feels so good to wake up on a Monday morning feeling rested and ready for the day!

UI - 30 Days!! Woohoo!! Way to go my friend!!

Stay strong and stay sober!
Old 10-14-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Good Morning. It's a lovely cold, fall morning here on DAY 30! I couldn't have made it without you guys. Thank you. But please keep the poopy stories to a bare minimum if possible.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Just now getting back on the grid been out in the middle the hillbilly holler known as the North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains will take me all day to catch up on posts I hope everybody had a great weekend I had one of the best weekends I've had in years. And uninvited a great job proud of you buddy. I know I've missed a lot of people I will try to catch up later today I gotta go to have a personal relationship with my doctor I'm wondering if I should take him flowers since he is going to make it to third base.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
Just now getting back on the grid been out in the middle the hillbilly holler known as the North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains will take me all day to catch up on posts I hope everybody had a great weekend I had one of the best weekends I've had in years. And uninvited a great job proud of you buddy. I know I've missed a lot of people I will try to catch up later today I gotta go to have a personal relationship with my doctor I'm wondering if I should take him flowers since he is going to make it to third base.
I'm so happy you had a great weekend Fish. The Blue Ridge Mountains are truly beautiful. I'm jealous.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Good Monday morning all. I'm just getting caught up on the weekend posts. Wow. Think I'm going to have to start tackling my laptop away from my 9 year old so I can get on during the weekends.
Congratulations on your 30 days uninvited!! I'm at 33, lets head for triple digits together. For me this started out as a bit of an experiment that wouldn't have made it past my initial goal of 15 days without SR and all of you. So a big thanks to you all.
All the talk of food is really resonating with me because I've gone a bit crazy with the sugar as a replacement. I'm cutting that out today.
Let me know how the meditation goes Tallia, I've been looking to start. If you like it can you send me the info? My kids keep me on the go a lot so I have this crazy image of me trying to meditate at the hockey rink or on the soccer field.
Was under the weather this weekend and found myself shaking my head remembering how when I used to get sick I would debate whether red wine or vodka and OJ would cure it faster.
Anyway I wanted to comment on all the talk about isolation. I still haven't told anyone about my sobriety. I'm not keeping it a secret, I was just a home drinker. My hubby and I get on fine, but our relationship revolves around the kids. I'm sure he has noticed, but he isn't the type to bring something like that up. I do work full time, but keep things close.
I know I've missed commenting on a lot of other posts I wanted to, really need to get that boy his own laptop. I'll try to stay more up to date. Have a good day all.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

No pig picking this weekend but I did rub a Butt let it sit overnight and smoked it all day yesterday served with some homemade baked beans and some coleslaw and some corn fritters. yummo
Old 10-14-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 day UI. I'm catching up; 30 for me tomorrow! We should be so proud of ourselves.
Good luck with the doctor today Fish, stay calm. Lol at the flowers suggestion!!!
I love catching up on all the chat that goes on the other side of the pond while we are asleep in the UK. Renarde I laughed at you poopy post. Sorry, but you did make it sound funny which I know it wasn't cos I've been there too many times myself.
Have a good day everyone xxx
Old 10-14-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

meditation classes are fantastic have been doing a class now every Thursday night for the past 4 weeks and I really enjoy it and feel so positive and happy coming out.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Black View Post
meditation classes are fantastic have been doing a class now every Thursday night for the past 4 weeks and I really enjoy it and feel so positive and happy coming out.
Would love to find a class local to me :-) so far just sent for a beggingers guide book a cd (which also came as a mp3 download) and some guided meditations for now I think I start with the guided ones. When I read the book more will try the others on the cd they come in 8 min segments and might be more apt to use from my ipod when I am out and about or have less time.

I can send the links chrisben just let me know they from amazon uk

Diet yes mines been pretty bad that's what I am working on now going for a lower carb plan well has low as easily possible also I do like my comfort pasta. I have cut out most sweet things even Icecream but I not going to be to upset if I slip now and again.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
NT, I was just thinking about you last night. Wondering...."now where did he go?"

MINI-COOPER!!!!! Your wife is a lucky woman!!! I've always wanted one of those cars but I have too many kids and dogs. But they zzzzoooooooooommmmmmm fast!!!

Good for you recognizing the patterns. I do miss having a glass of wine with my husband and just talking.

Really funny thing ~ I told my husband once I quite drinking...a week in or so to sobriety. Haven't talked about it since, but he made a comment to the kids that "mommy is cleaning up her act." I took it as a compliment...LOL!

Anyway, I see him drinking less. Way less. I know I can't control him and haven't tied this past 40 days. But I have definitely changed the balance of our relationship. Maybe it's for the better.

Hope so.
Thanks for thinking of me Lillian!

We have a 6 year old and an English Mastiff. So, now that you mention it, I guess I will be taking our dog for vet appts in my car....lol

I had a talk with my wife last evening and I told her basically about my sober run last year from Oct 2 thru Dec 24th and how disappointed I was for drinking before Christmas.

She said I seemed withdrawn lately and I told her that is because I quit drinking (again). She said "why didn't you tell me"? I told her that "I have to do it on my own since for some reason when I mention that I'm quitting, which I've said it so many times, I don't even take myself seriously". "But once I get 3 or more weeks under my belt...I feel confident and have no issues telling people".

She said Again, that makes sense because you seemed very withdrawn and that she took it personally. I sort of had that impression too.

So, basically Lillian, you got me thinking about how different I am (personally) when I drink vs. when I don't.

Ultimately I am a much, much better person overall (including health-wise). But it actually has a negative impact on my relationship with my wife because I have a harder time communicating. Explain that? Like we argue more when I don't drink because I don't let things go as easily.

I seem to have to challenge everything I disagree with. That absolutely doesn't happen when I am in a drinking pattern.

Ultimately when I'm drinking regularly, I am so consumed with fixing myself. When I'm sober I become very consumed with fixing everything within my world.

Talk about giving mixed signals within a 3-4 week period of time. At least no one has called me Sybil yet.....lol

Anyway Lillian, you triggered some issues that I need to address. Thanks for that!

Stay Strong Septemberites......
Old 10-14-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
Good Morning. It's a lovely cold, fall morning here on DAY 30! I couldn't have made it without you guys. Thank you
Congrat UI......very happy for you!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Hey dear Septemberites, I keep forgetting to post this question though its at the back of my mind, namely, what is your sobriety program ?

This is mine at the moment:

- morning meditation
- morning prayer
- exercise (6x/week)
- AA meetings (4x/week)
- journalising (only if major emotional event)
- meeting with sponsor
- session with psychologist
- doing the AA 12 steps (s l o w l y)
- consuming vast amounts of chocolate, yoghurt and snack food (bad, bad, bad)

Would anyone else care to share ideas ?
Great Idea....Thank you!

This may seem like a very different approach; but it is how my brain translates....

- Awareness - Be a better father and husband
- Appreciation - My health and my family's health
- Gratefulness - How lucky we are in life
- Learning - Let go of things that are out of my control
- Improving - Better personal health and eating habits (lost 8 lbs)
- Honor/Admiration - Treat people with respect and honesty (I believe in Karma!!)
- Therapy on SR!