Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 6

Old 10-10-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

No toddler anymore, but I remember my angelic 2 year old turning into a monster when she turned 3!!!! The horrible 3's were short lived thank goodness, but that proved to just be a warm up to the beyond nightmare age 5!!!!!!! When 5 hits, grab a helmet say several prayers, and hope to come out of it alive:-)

LOL...yah, no terrible two's in my house either.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Oh no, Dolly, please don't tell me it can worse? Today has been really hard. Not sure if it is because I was up so early having blood drawn, or because I am worried, or what, but I have NO patience today and I just want to crawl under the covers or (hate to say it) escape with a bottle of wine
Old 10-10-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Yes. I would take a two year old over a three year old any day of the week. And I read a series of books that asserted that when they are midway through their year they are at their worst, which might have been a self-fulfilling prophecy in my house, but it was true for all 4!!!! Hold on, Ladybug! Crawl under those blankets with a gossip magazine instead and turn on the PBS Kids for your little terror!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey ladies - so I have a confession - I drank wine last night! Eugh! I should have drove then I would be ok today - nothing bad happened but I am back on day 1. I've been struggling mentally with not drinking of late and fell off the wagon. Picking myself back up though and dusting myself off and trying to use it a positive indicator of me not missing this yucky hungover feeling. Dehydrated and not enough sleep - I am not letting it effect my day though so have plastered a big smile in my face (yes it hurts to do so) and am off in an hour to take my 3 yr old swimming.

Hope everyone else is doing well today xxxxxx
Old 10-11-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babs78756 View Post
Good Morning Everyone -

Thursday! This has felt like the longest week ever! I think it was the traveling on Monday. No meetings today and hoping to get all those random and annoying tasks I haven't wanted to do, done. We'll see. There's also a chance I'll shop online.

Interviewing someone tomorrow to be a more regular babysitter. Having someone come in maybe one evening while my husband travels would be huge for me. It's always when my husband travels that I binge in secret. It's almost like I want to rebel against all of the responsibility. I just stay home, drink and let everything go, which only makes the pressure/responsibility worse. Anyway, I think having someone we can regularly call and maybe I can just run out to see a movie or get my nails done.... I hope she works out!

So, question. One of my very best friends is coming to stay with us in a few weeks. She's bringing her little one and I couldn't be more excited. However, we always drank together. Cutting out of work at lunch and having a few beers. We've both expressed concerns about our own drinking at times, mine much, much worse than hers and we've also shared in the eye rolling about people who don't drink. I know she loves me no matter what and I know we'll have a great time but I'm nervous about my own head and wanting to drink while she's here.... I hate that she's a trigger for me. Maybe I'm putting too much on it?? Any thoughts?

I'm so ready to sleep in!!! Hurry up Saturday!

Babs I spent London last weekend with a similar friend but I told her what had happened and I don't drink ...she was fantastic and because she is a good friend she totally supported me...she didn't really drink all weekend but in the end I told her to have a couple of glasses that it wouldn't bother me . HJope this helps!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi girls!! Just waiting for my H to get back from School run then we are heading away to a lovely spa hotel by the sea for today/tonight and back at tea timetomorrow...kids off to my sisiters can't wait for some r and r and a good heart to heart with the H who is being really lovely of late!
Old 10-11-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good Morning moms,

Sarah...sorry you were struggling lately, and the slip is just that...a slip. Great job you are not letting yourself get bogged down in it! Just keep pushing forward...you can do this!

Sunny...have a great time with hubby at the hotel! So envious right now:-)

Friday here, and feeling a tad down...the scale went up almost a pound for no apparent reason. Other than my bathroom habits are off ever since that blasted colonoscopy:-(

Oh well... Just gonna keep at it, and tonight going to head to dinner and shopping with my girl tonight:-)
Old 10-11-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sarah - I hope you are able to go easy on yourself today. I can certainly understand how you slipped up, but hope the slip doesn't make getting back up hard!

I went to a girl's night last night, and it was BYOB - huge buckets with all sorts of wine on the table. I resisted, and had a wonderful time - like a REALLY wonderful time. When everyone was counting bottles at the end and saying "oh, we didn't drink THAT much!" My neighbor (yes, that one!) said, well, "Wendy and Andrea weren't drinking, so it was just the 6 of us." The other girl not drinking had left, and one of the other ladies looked at me and said "You didn't drink?" And I thought that was SO awesome that I was FUN without drinking - fit right in. Anyway, I did struggle for a bit at the end of the night when everyone was going to a dive bar to keep on drinking, and I kept thinking... I could have just one beer. I really wanted to go, but I knew I couldn't keep my resolve at a dive bar...
Old 10-11-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good Morning ladies,

Sarah, I second what Dolly & BeBetter said. I, too, can totally relate as I have been having thoughts lately of caving, especially with this bloodwork worry. It would be so easy to just say, "sorry, honey, I am just really worried". I swear, the only thing keeping me from the wine is disappointing my husband. Really wish I could do this more for myself. Anyway, so glad you were honest with us and came right back! Don't beat yourself up, just jump back on the wagon. We are all here supporting you

Sounds like a wonderful getaway planned, Sunny. Enjoy!!!

BeBetter, that is great you had such a nice time at your girls night - sober!! Sometimes we need nights like that to prove to us we don't need alcohol like we thought we did.

Hope you feel better Dolly. Don't worry about that pound. It will probably be gone tomorrow

Another rainy day here. Just sitting and waiting for the nurse to call, ugh. Will let you all know.

Hugs to all xxx
Old 10-11-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi Ladies,

Sarah, I am proud of you for 'fessing up. Yesterday is gone. Back on the horse!

Bebetter, amazeballs! You must be so proud of yourself! I am hoping for an event like that sometime soon so I can prove to myself that I can have fun with girlfriend without being half in the bag.

Sunny, have wonderful weekend!

Dolly, your weight doesn't define you. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off. Have fun shopping!

Ladybug, I hope you get good news soon!

Not much going on here this weekend. My 16-year old is going to the homecoming dance tomorrow evening and I think I am more excited about it than she is! Oh, to be 16 again!

Have a terrific day, friends!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone-

Justsarah - You can tell us when you're feeling like you're going to slip. You don't have to be the do-it-all mom here. We can try and help and as my therapist says, just getting it out sometimes takes the pressure off a problem. Chances are we've been there, done it, thought it, said it... and there's a difference between having one glass of wine slip and having a 3 bottles of wine slip...

Finally a quiet weekend with the family. Last week/weekend was so busy, that I feel like the weekend just rolled into the next week. It's been such a long week all I want to do is sleep in and that usually means - 8:30. Hoping to get 2 runs in between now and Sunday. Day 2 of winning the battle with the candy dish. I've got to get these last 10 baby pounds off.

Anyway - Justsarah I'm thinking of you today....
Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

So the nurse just called and my prolactin level was even higher this time around (after fasting and avoiding dairy, which I didn't do before). Ugh. Have to go for an MRI now. Double ugh. Have to start on medication and wait for the MRI results, I guess. Really don't want to blow my 71 days over this, but I am not good at waiting for this kind of stuff
Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey ladies, thank you all so much for your support - it was 2 large and 1 small glass with dinner - i wasn't a wreck or even close but I drank It all the same - god Ive felt like poo all day though! Just that horrible feeling - to think I pretty much used to feel like this everyday and it became the norm is almost unbelievable to me. I spoke to my hubby this morning and laid it out there - it was a slip-up and won't be happening again. He's awesome that he doesn't judge especially as I didn't give him any grief - as I said I'm just dusting myself off and using it as a really good reminder that I function so much better without alcohol in my life

Anyways - what have you got planned this weekend? Has your bloodwork come back yet ladybug? The weather here is awful today - so cold and wet so we're having a stodgy tea and I will resume my working out tomorrow . Got my folks down tomorrow then Settling the boys into child are on Sunday before I go back to work on Monday

Have a fab weekend all - you're all doing amazing xxxxxx
Old 10-11-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hey Ladybug - awww that sucks! I'm sure an MRI will get to the bottom of it though - don't drink - you'll feel so much worse tomorrow when everything's the same as today but you're hungover and back on day 1. Honestly day 1 (again) is soul destroying! I hope you get some good news soon - big hugs xxxxxxxx
Old 10-11-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi Girls...

Just checking in during a quick work break.

Lady...Sorry you have to deal with the stress of waiting for another test result. I know the urge you are fighting right now...One of my biggest triggers is stressing over health issues. It's why I avoided doctors for over 5 years, and drank heavily instead to ease those worries. It didn't work, instead I added the worry of what the heavy drinking was doing to my health!!

What I now tell myself every time I get the cravings when I am stressing about medical issues is ...I say to myself.."this drink will not make any medical problem I might have go away, but will make it worse!" I'm sure all will be fine, and hope you get your results and peace of mind soon.---Hugs going over to you.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thanks Dolly & Sarah - trying to be strong, but they can't do the MRI until Wednesday so probably won't know the results for another week? I am thinking I should tell my husband that I am thinking of drinking, but then he would probably blow off work to hang out with me and he really can't do that today. So I will just hang out on SR and keep reminding myself that drinking will only make me feel worse (at least tomorrow anyway). Thanks for being here Moms!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

We will be here Lady...I will be checking in all day. Quiet afternoon at work after a busy morning. Purchased my daughters American Girl doll for her birthday next month. Every time I go onto that website, I come away feeling violated:-)
Oh well...it's all she is asking for.

Lady...what are you up to tonight? Any Friday night plans?
Old 10-11-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

No, Dolly, nothing really planned tonight. It is pouring rain and awful out so will most likely stay in, have some dinner, and watch a movie. Monsters, Inc is on Disney Jr tonight and my daughter loves that movie!! This rain and the hassle of packing my daughter up in the car is the only thing keeping me from going to get some wine. Really hate that I am letting this health issue threaten my sobriety. Thought I was stronger than this?
Old 10-11-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi Ladybug. I am sorry it wasn't good news. Really sucks that you have to wait till Wednesday for the MRI, too. But remember if you drink, you will have the same worries,WITH a hangover, which might cause you to drink again.....into a spiral which would bite. Just don't drink. Eat a gallon of ice cream or an entire bag of Bugles or whatever it takes. Go to bed early. Keep checking in.

(((Hugs)))
Old 10-11-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks, Grace Of course I have spent all day on the Internet researching pituitary tumors and it looks like they are almost always noncancerous and effectively treated with medication so hoping that is worst case scenario? I feel like a part of me is just looking for an excuse to drink and that makes me sad. I need to be able to get through difficult times without immediately wanting to turn to the bottle. I'm trying, but man is it hard sometimes!
Don't know what I would without you, ladies. Thanks