Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 22

Old 10-06-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
6 MONTHS! I did it with the love, help and support of my Undies!
Awesome achievement!! Way to go. Can't wait for that day myself...hope I can get there too.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

DrakeCKC - CONGRATULATIONS ON 1/2 a year of sobriety That is a huge accomplishment! I started to really have faith and hope when I reached six months. I hope you find a wonderful way to celebrate.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

No Carlos, Babette's description can surely describe me too!!! LOL and a bunch of other alkies I guess...

Congratulations DrakeCKC! 6 months is the first super important milestone of many yet to come! xo
Old 10-06-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Carlos, the house stuff went OK yesterday. Not cleaning though, bf would never volunteer to help with that. More maintenance type stuff that in any normal relationship would be all his job anyway. Are you sure you don't want to come over to my house for an afternoon? I have a leave blower, but when I try to use it, I can never get the leaves to blow where I want them to, they just seem to go all over like confetti! The weed-whacker and the lawn mower are no problem, but the leave blower is beyond me, so I resort to an old-fashioned rake.

Drake- Huge congrats on 6 months!!
Old 10-06-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Toots, Molly of course. I get confused because the human has the dog name and the dog has the human name. ha ha ha. Where can I find a smiley that is rolling on the floor laughing? Give a hug to Molly for me. And you're right, Babette doesn't let herself be touched but she will sometimes agree to sit next to me. When that happens, she's grateful for food.

Have a great afternoon. Morning for us here.

DP
xo
Old 10-06-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations, Drake! You will just get stronger & stronger!
Old 10-06-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi again Sunday best Undies

Hope you're all having a good day.

Madbird, I wouldn't mind a chicken or two either, not suIIre they'd get much peace with the g. Children and my cat though.
You're sounding happy and cheerful today, it's good to see.

b.f you're sounding more like your old self. Yay. You did yourself proud when you visited your friend, good on you for not staying long enough to be swayed.
The storm was great to watch.

Sobermarathon, welcome to our Undies, you'll get loads of support here and a few laughs too. I think most of us can relate to your battles to stay sober, I know I can anyway. As you can see I joined S.R in 2010. I had more day ones than soft Mick but then it clicked with me and I'm now on almost 14 months. So I know that if I can do it, then so can you. You can do anything you put your mind to if you want it badly enough. Stick close and keep reading and posting.xxx

Haha Toots, I did guess that, it just gave me a smile. I agree with the training courses for men, I'm still trying to train mine to close cupboard door after himself. There again, apparently I leave little piles everywhere!

Gxx
Old 10-06-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congratulations Drake. On your first six months!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Congratulations Drake 6 months is fabulous

and toots love your post how did you get those stars ??
Old 10-06-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

trying to post the fab stars toots posted. It just posted a link, how did you do that?!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Yay for making 6 months, Drake!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Whoops another one bites the dust. home tomorrow, catch up with you all then.

Gxx
Old 10-06-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 304 here and yep I'm at work...Three quarters of the way through yet another 16 hour shift....Feeling tired today so I'm gonna skip the gym later and smash it tomorrow morning before I start night shifts....

Ate well so far this morning...Probably sat at around 3000 calories and got plenty of the day left so it looks like I'll hit 5000 easy....Determined to get to my goal weight by the end of Xmas...

Drake many congrats on 6 months....Fantastic job matey...

Big welcome to all the newcomers....Seems like our gang is just getting bigger and bigger...

Grace it'll be good to have you back...I hope you've had fun but I've missed you xx

Toots, Madbird, DG, Tanja, soberjim, courage, Dottyp and everyone else I hope you are all well....Tomorrow will be 10 months sober and I couldn't have done it without you guys...

Take care....Steve.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

To get Toots' stars, you type

:nyc

Well that will give you one star, for multiples you want to do it more times. (:nyc :nyc :nyc :nyc :nyc)This is one of the 'smileys' available if you click on the smile icon and then 'More smileys' and scroll down far enough.

In this case, you can see the letters for mine instead of the star because I clicked 'Go Advanced' and then selected 'Disable smilies in text' under miscellaneous options.

One way to see how somebody posted something is to click on the 'Quote' button on their post.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Welcome snoozy & sobermarathon!

Got up a little after six and took my dog to the park for some frisbee. Coyotes are a huge problem where I am so I always have to keep an eye out if I'm with my dog early morning or night. One time I had one following us for a lil over a mile and finally had to call someone to pick up my dog and I Bc I couldn't get the coyote to leave us alone. They're fearless!

Drake huge congrats on your 6 months!!! Hope you treat yourself to something fun today.

Dorothy I haven't mentioned my dogs name Bc if someone work related was ever to come across SR it could mean loosing my job and being that my dog comes to work everyday it would be a sure giveaway. My dad took in a feral pregnant cat a couple years ago. She had kittens and neighbors ended up taking them in. She every now and then will warm up to a person but she's crazy too!

I feel very content not drinking this weekend compared to last weekend when some thoughts of it popped into my head. No desire to drink as of right now. I ask my HP everyday to remove the desire to drink tho.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey snoozyq, glad you swung by! This is a great thread.

Ctrl, hahaha I love that you no longer feel a beer improves a thunderstorm, why do we believe we can improve on nature by getting half cut??
Also like you and Carlos I absolutely do not snore in bed! Neither- contrary to my husbands continuing assertions- do I break wind frequently and loudly!
Whichever reminds me, I also need to get my leaf blower out. I cannot see my drive at the moment!
A weed whacker, DG? Is that some kind of bf assaulting weapon?? Lol

Hi Vicki, good to see you! They are new year fireworks in the smileys, DG explains it all!!

BF you are sounding really strong today, keep that focus. It must be lovely to have a job you can take your dog to work ( and get her cheap health care when she is poorly!)
It is sad that you can be in danger of losing your job by trying to get better, as with so many here, I would not be at to he point of sobriety I have reached without this site, so to feel it might be detrimentally judged just makes me fizz!

Grace, it will be good to have you home, I hope your holiday was as wonderful as it sounded.

Steve 10 months tomorrow, I am proud to know you my friend.x

SM, Skye, Happyfeet, MB, madbird, Tanja, Dotty, courage, Mel and everyone else have a lovely sunmonday and a sober week.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies.

Feel terrible - slipped into food bingeing again. Sugar cravings are just crazy. Why it is so hard for me to get rid of this habit?????

Stevie - will you please come to help and share with me all this ice-cream?!!!!!

Welcome to all the newcomers to the thread!

My big hugs to all)

Sorry, I am just so p**d off with myself that can't pull together a proper post.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, a lot of post recently. I love when this thread is active.

Today is day 194. We took our 4 year old Princess bowling this morning. She really liked it. Now watching the Patriots struggle against the Bengals. Drinking Orangina instead of booze, and that's okay. I went to an AA meeting last night as the AV was getting louder. I like that I'm proactive in my sobriety.

Sobriety gives me a clear a positive mindset, and allows me to fully participate in my family life.

God Bless.
Matthew
Old 10-06-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Midnight if there's free ice cream to be had then I'm there in a shot.....Hope you got enough for me....
Old 10-06-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Matthew you really are so positive just lately....I'm really diggin it man.....So proud of ya dude.