Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 22

Old 10-23-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

BF, wow, that's 2 bottles per person right? Ouch.

You've mentioned music more than once and I find it wonderful that it can transport you out of the present nasty time of AV. For me, it's books and good TV.

I don't know what kind of music you like but I've been listening to Lou Doillon's new record PLACES in loops on and on for the last 2 days. Very soulful.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, a fly by posting as off early today

Carlos, I'm sorry hon, there can be no future for us! I am a complete carnivore and I wouldn't inflict watching me tear into a steak on a veggie! Whichever Babaraham Lincoln you chose will have to be vetted by the SR gals. Woe betide her if she is deemed not good enough for our Carlos!

Steve, we sell amazing steak pies up in Scotland, each butcher has their own recipes and awards are proudly displaye, I imagine a 2lb pie would make a good starter for you!

Oh, Courage! How cool! My grandad kept pigeons! Lol do you have any photos?? Now come he kept a bear? I need to hear the story, you cannot just write a sentence like that and leave me hanging!!!
I hope you slept better last night.

BF, if not there already, your sister is well on her way to a drink problem. I know historically having her staying has been too much of a temptation in the past, I also know that the drinker in her will not want you sober however much she loves you. Keep your music close at hand. Focus of your life. X

Dotty, I am sorry you are in a dark place, I wish I could take your hand and lead you into the warm glow you deserve. I am sad to hear you consider drink has a place in your future, for me in the past, that was licence to fall of the wagon time and again. Whilst I know I can never be complacent, I also know I can never chose to drink again, if i want any kind of life.

Carlos, like you I have been thinking of absent Undies and hoping that they are doing well
Old 10-24-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi Gang...stopping by for a quick hello. still here...still sober. Hope you all have a super day!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Good to see you Happy! Congrats on 30 BoozeFree and Ctrl!

Fighting a lousy cold, change of season and all. Plus with my job I am in and out of doors all day long. So I have been inside most of the last 24 hours. Olive does not mind, she would rather not walk anyway.

Other than that, nothing new here. Have a great Thursday Undies!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Morning Undies,

I am off soon for a busy and hopefully productive day.

Just needed to do a slight vent:
  1. Driving home last night late it was snowing so hard that it became a white out if I tried to use high beams. Just a dusting remains but it is as cold today. This is a double whammy as my 4 new golf clubs arrived and...well, I'm just speechless.
  2. I threw a knife in the sink and it landed inside my coffee pot. You guessed it, cracked. Just as I was typing that I realized that I have some pretty hard core snobby tea. I've always drank snobby beverages...now how stupid was that. Is there really a difference in taste after like 10 drinks? Now I'm happy. One door closed (coffee), and another opened (snobby tea).

Thanks for letting me vent.

Dotty P, I must youtube that artist that mellows you out...you had me at soulful. On your month to month thing. I am working REAL hard at just living in today. Not forgetting my past, good and bad...still planning some future things, just not planning their outcome. That's been a big thorn in my drinkin thinkin. For me, a focus on a productive day is enough. I'll deal with tomorrow when it comes.

BF, so what is it that you have been listening to with your new purchases. I have The Who-Pinball Wizzard and Traffic-Low Spark of High Heeled Boys planned out as I pack this morning.

Feel better, Drake.

HF, thanks for the sober drive by...

Steve, thanks for keeping us in your challenging loop these past couple days. We are totally here for you. My thoughts for you wife at this time also.

Oh Slick, I am so down with that sandwich. I will use veggie burgers...but remain on course thereafter. Are you like a Texas girl in the Big Apple...Midnight Cowgirl?

Gracie, kept woman, huh? Send us a smiley of hubby's reaction. I am surprised he didn't throw out a "kept man" retort. That lingo, lippy, nip...etc...that's x rated talkin here in US....funny stuff!

Toots, trust me...you Undies "girls" have ruined any chance for a relationship for me. Talk about a collective FANTACY girl. Hey, still like 7 mos to go on that front. So my fantasy lives on.

Have a great day, ALL UNDIES. xx
Old 10-24-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I am a "snobby drinker" as well Carlos. I always drank the good stuff, that did not make me an alcoholic did it? That is what I thought. Also thought that I did not get sick/drunk on the good stuff. What lies we tell ourselves.

I do same with coffee and tea, only the best I can afford. But, in that case I really can tell the difference.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi folks...here for a bit today..Thanks for your comments....
Grace..I like to think I help....kind of a special group..the under thread...

I am great full today for the support..and am looking forward to the next 90 days!..

Toots....as always...you are correct...I know...nothing normal about obsessing and envisioning alcohol to be what it is not...

Stevie...thinking of you today!..Hope today is kind to you...

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim
Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

BF - I'm finding that music is a big help, too. It really helps me enjoy whatever sober activity that I'm doing. Sort of like enhancing reality, rather than dumbing it down (like alcohol did).
Old 10-24-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Undies --

Just a check-in from me. I'm beat & I'm cranky. There's a metaphor somewhere for the work problems I've been dealing with lately -- something about the hydra that every time you cut off one snake-monster head, two more grow up in its place. Or something to do with roaches. If you see one, there's a thousand more behind the baseboard.

No sir, not a Texan. When I was a teenager, someone in my family bought me the sheet music to a song whose first line was "I am just a midwestern girl at heart" because at the time I was ashamed of my prairie roots. BTW, people in my hometown pronounce that to rhyme with "toots", not "shoots."

Take care, all!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
p***enger

OMG the freaking sheet music sold on ebay for $15 last month. I can't believe this world. I'd say I must be tripping, but I couldn't hallucinate anything this crazy.

Oh, and maybe I should have said, take care, y'all.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

IWSLAST some of the stuff I've been listening to lately are Cold War kids, jack Johnson, collie buddz, Texas is the reason, Mazzy star, drop kick Murphy's, motley crue, led zeppelin. I listen to a pretty broad spectrum of genres depending on what I'm in the mood for.

Pretty mellow day today, nothing too exciting. It's nice to have a drama free day!! Feeling tired and going to sleep early again. I feel like sleeping all weekend! It's like I can't get enough of it even tho I've been sleeping a solid 8hrs a night!

Hope everyone had a good day
Old 10-25-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

BF I remember feeling like that, I wanted to hibernate! I always felt it was my body trying to catch back some of those wasted nights when I was in a drunk coma rather than a restorative sleep! I love JJ too, he first came to notice over here on bbc radio 2, the station I listen to, I remember thinking what a refreshing sound! Used to be something of a biker chick in my youth so led zep is up there for me too! Like you I have what could be called eclectic tastes, literally Abba - ZZ Top!!

Carlos, Drake me too! Courvouissier was my brandy, and if I drank good expensive wines I was a connoisseur not a p!ss head! The fact I could afford my indulgences and that if I couldn't I would have drunk gut rot, never crossed my mind!!

Drake, I hope you feel better soon, I'll be round to mop your brow and give you a bed bath later!! Carlos is making some chicken soup for you ( admit it Carlos, you know the healin recipe!!)

Happyfeet, I was so pleased to see your avatar! Good to see you are rocking on my sweet friend

Ctrl,so right! Music feeds the mind, booze kills it.

Courage, I guess you can't take a chainsaw to worko just batten down the hatches and ride out the storm. I always think that even the worst days still only have 24 hours in them!

Carlos, oh how frustrating! How dare nature interfere with your golf! It has done the same here, over an inch of rain and 38 mph winds have postponed my game!
Like your coffee pot, I dropped and broke my crystal studded posh water glass I treated myself to. Fortunately they come in pairs, so just unwrapped number 2 and christened it!

SJ, I am always correct, that's why so many people hate me!!!! Hahaha you are finding ways to divert your mind, so you don't obsess you are doing just fine!

Happy frisat undies here's wishing you all a happy sober weekend. Catch y'all later.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
IWSLAST some of the stuff I've been listening to lately are Cold War kids, jack Johnson, collie buddz, Texas is the reason, Mazzy star, drop kick Murphy's, motley crue, led zeppelin. I listen to a pretty broad spectrum of genres depending on what I'm in the mood for.

Pretty mellow day today, nothing too exciting. It's nice to have a drama free day!! Feeling tired and going to sleep early again. I feel like sleeping all weekend! It's like I can't get enough of it even tho I've been sleeping a solid 8hrs a night!

Hope everyone had a good day
I listen to such a wide range of music that I find it funny when people ride in my car...first they think I like indie/songwriter, then it's alternative, then it's classical, jazz, and even country sometimes.

I've been on a little bit of an Incubus kick lately.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm off to bed so it's time to start Part 23 of this thread:

join us here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-23-a.html

D