Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 6

Old 10-04-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
FBL, Oh,please stay in this class. You add a lot to the conversation and recovery.
I agree FBL should stay and hopefully so can I. We both had good sobriety stretches and were way ahead of the game for a while. Where is everyone else from July now? Tricky Ricky had a tally going at one point, sort of an accountability tally. I wonder if half of those people are drinking again? Maybe some don't need SR anymore and are just managing on their own. I find I need this site most in beginning and then seem to do okay on my own. Problem is I always end up coming back here, and starting over so something isn't working.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi all,

Day 63 and still plugging along. Great job on 95 days Secretary! It really is amazing how much healthier our bodies can be without alcohol. I think what I miss the most is the anticipation of drinking. I don't miss the actual drinking because I usually drank so fast that I would quickly bypass that 'buzzed" feeling and just black out. I certainly don't miss the sneaking around, lying and hangovers. Anyway, just my thinking for the day.

Hope you all are doing well!
Thanks! totally agree with you LB2. I still think I should be drinking but realize that it's not going to make my evening any better (and WILL make it worse!)
Old 10-04-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hi FBL and happy birthday . The tally was a bit too much for me

Looks like you guys have learned somthing from your slips and are moving forwards. Know that I am in your corner

I'm at 14 days no drugs after slipping more than I can remember.
It's the best I've felt about sobriety.

We're not bad people , we're addicts , for life and as a diabetic can't have sugar for his life , neither can we have drugs or alcohol .

Tr
Old 10-04-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
I agree FBL should stay and hopefully so can I. We both had good sobriety stretches and were way ahead of the game for a while. Where is everyone else from July now? Tricky Ricky had a tally going at one point, sort of an accountability tally. I wonder if half of those people are drinking again? Maybe some don't need SR anymore and are just managing on their own. I find I need this site most in beginning and then seem to do okay on my own. Problem is I always end up coming back here, and starting over so something isn't working.
I wonder where some folks from July went too....like Casey. He was posting daily, and even followed up with me when I didn't post for a few days. I did the same with him but have had no response.

I hope everyone knows it's okay to come back to your original class, or the class you feel most comfortable with, if you take a break or have a slip!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Oh, and I am on day 77, and I am so greatful for SR for helping me get here!

NCG
Old 10-04-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.. Sm I think when I get back home Id love to live chat. I think I need to add another level to my sobriety. Just hopping on Sr When I feel like it may not be enough. Too easy to just disappear and lose my way.
For today and tomorrow I just need to be strong and keep the big picture in mind. Drinking today will ruin tomorrow. If I can get thru this I will be very proud of myself and motivated. Av... Just go away "!
You guys are awesome.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

SM & FABL - you both should absolutely stay here. This class wouldn't be the same without you! You had a slip - can happen to any one of us, at any given time. I'd like to think I would still be welcome if I slipped. We all give each other strength and encouragement and that's what makes this class/forum so great I also feel like we learn from each others slips/struggles. I know both of you coming back here, sharing and being honest has helped me!

It has been like summer here lately. Hot and humid. Starting to get annoyed. We are totally skipping our fall season (my favorite season) I don't want cold weather, but I am getting a little tired of having to have the air conditioning on. Anyway, had to have something to complain about today, right?

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday FABL! I just spent my 42nd BD completely sober, for once, and it felt great!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Forabetterlife

You DEFINATELY belong in this class hon

We look forward to more of your posts
Xxx
Old 10-04-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey SnoozyQ, how are you doing today?
Old 10-04-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday and welcome back FABL

D
Old 10-04-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Day 2 almost done...yay! Not looking for any accolades just mocking myself a bit in a lighthearted way. The past two days have been record posting days for me on SR. It was therapeutic just to be honest and get things out in the open. I slipped, I messed up - a month ago I would have thought this would be next to impossible at this point. Live and learn. Gotta stay on guard forever if I ever want this completely out of my life - which I certainly do!

Started reading the book 'Dry' tonight. So far, it's pretty amusing take on a guy who got intervened into rehab by his co-workers. Although this hasn't happened to me, I feel as though it definitely could. I can relate to the waking up late for work, smelling like alcohol at work, etc. I have definitely been there during this past year. Anyways, I find reading about others experience getting sober is something of keen interest and fitting for someone like me struggling to maintain permanent sobriety.

Good night folks...hopefully free of insomnia tonight.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Anyways, I find reading about others experience getting sober is something of keen interest and fitting for someone like me struggling to maintain permanent sobriety.
Hi SoberMarathon -

I find this helpful also. I've read Dry (also a non-recovery based book by the same author "Running With Scissors") - it was good. If you haven't yet read "Cracking Up - A Memoir" by Grant Arboro I also recommend it.

Hang on there. As you already know, the first days are the toughest.

NCG
Old 10-04-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NorCaliGal View Post
I wonder where some folks from July went too....like Casey. He was posting daily, and even followed up with me when I didn't post for a few days. I did the same with him but have had no response.

I hope everyone knows it's okay to come back to your original class, or the class you feel most comfortable with, if you take a break or have a slip!
NorCaliGal, thanks for checking on Casey, I was worried about him too. Might be busy, but odd for a daily poster and he was going so well. I miss his posts and hope he comes back even if he did slip.

Leshar, hope you feel ok soon....it does take time, I have no doubt, but understand the not wanting to post if you feel down.

I've been lucky enough to have a really good week. About to go for a walk.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi all, having kind of a boring Friday night here. Hubby is downstairs watching baseball so I am upstairs in bed with my daughter watching Rio (bird movie). Think she is going to fall asleep on me Sure beats a night of sneaking to my closet for sips of vodka and not remembering these moments with my daughter.

Night all! Have a great day, Croissant
Old 10-04-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

My friends, family, and coworkers know I'm an alcoholic. I will just have to be forceful next time and also start practicing ahead of those situations. I can and will do this. 2013 is the year I struggled to get sober and October 2nd at 30,000 feet I took that final sip and saved the bottle. I'm sure by Monday I will feel much better and this w ill just be a bump in my road to sobriety.
Hey SoberMarathon I hope that you are doing better. A journey of a million miles starts with one foot step. you took a little detour there but you know the right path to take.
About the being offering a drink I don't know if it is a pride, shame, or excuses from the addict part of the brain to get the drink. It's hard to be honest to myself, when fighting with the addict part of myself that wants the substance very bad that I will start making faulty logic. For me I guess being honest is the best way I can combat this.
Its hard to stay sober but anything good worth doing is never easy. Just a day at a time.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hiya Ladybug ;-) im really good ta . Just got home from work , got myself a Farmers Union iced coffee ( best drink in the world) and some old Jamaica choccy ....

Now just chillin and gonna read some posts to keep me on track.

Today is the FIRST Saturday in over 3 months when , on the drive home from work i have not stopped at, nor looked in a bottlo . ( bottle shop) .

It NEVER even crossed my mind ,
How good is that ?

WOOHOOOOO !

Old 10-05-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NorCaliGal View Post
Hi SoberMarathon - I find this helpful also. I've read Dry (also a non-recovery based book by the same author "Running With Scissors") - it was good. If you haven't yet read "Cracking Up - A Memoir" by Grant Arboro I also recommend it. Hang on there. As you already know, the first days are the toughest. NCG
Thanks NCG!! I will look at cracking up also...always looking for a new read.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
Hey SoberMarathon I hope that you are doing better. A journey of a million miles starts with one foot step. you took a little detour there but you know the right path to take. About the being offering a drink I don't know if it is a pride, shame, or excuses from the addict part of the brain to get the drink. It's hard to be honest to myself, when fighting with the addict part of myself that wants the substance very bad that I will start making faulty logic. For me I guess being honest is the best way I can combat this. Its hard to stay sober but anything good worth doing is never easy. Just a day at a time.
Appreciate it Humbug!! You're totally right about knowing what's right in terms of path. I spent years in denial before accepting that I needed to get beyond booze and become alcohol-free. I am there now but I'm still learning how to make it stick. The support here is really helping and now I'm trying to establish better relationships with the SR community that I can turn to on this daily journey.

I'll be here all weekend friends...I'll try not to over-post but can't promise anything;-)
Old 10-05-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Over posting ....no such thing ...we understand you need to keep your mind off things .
Post away , we are ALL here for the same reason.
Some post , some lurk ,...whatever floats your boat.

Its like a journal where you can pour your heart out , but the best thing is , there is ALWAYS someone to answer ,

We are NEVER alone in here.
I would surely have caved if not for finding SR

I truly believe this place has saved many a life , including my own !

I feel blessed ....post away SR friend xx

:-)