Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 21

Old 09-16-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

morning everyone. I will start posting before work to keep me strong and upbeat. No more internet at work. :/

So anyway... nothing new since last night. I woke up on time... that's new for the past two weeks. Just checking in...

MB I wish you health. Soup, vitamin C, water, water, and some more water. A doctor's visit wouldn't hurt if you can afford the time and money. Take care of yourself.

About the no relationship thing, I think in AA they generally say to make no major changes in the first year. I don't know if that ties into it. Maybe it's about all the new emotions? I don't know. But I don't really support that fully. I had to make dozens of changes in my life since getting sober. And I'm already in a relationship so abstinence is out of the question. Lol.

Ah! look at the time. I'll attempt to check in later, but I've got a jam-packed day. Love you all undies. Tootaloo!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Just a quick pop in...

Steve....vent anytime...folks here will provide whatever support they can...I know I need the support....keep posting.

WWG..glad you are doing well....you are an inspiration..

MB...really? that is too bad..take care of yourself....Hope you feel better soon.

Jim
Old 09-16-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi again, Undies.

Just back from grocery shopping - according to Murphys law when cold hits me there's neither medicines nor food at home.

Feel uber crappy, and like uber idiot again. Though, maybe I it is exactly who I am - an idiot who can't grow up and take a sensible view of things. I would give a lot to become a senseless uber b*** , life would be so much easier then.

Hope everyone's doing much better than me.

Stay strong, Undies. I believe that even uber mega crappy sober day still hold some tiny spark of hope.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
p***enger

Morning, undies!

MB, sorry you’re not well. Don’t know about you, but I used to deaden symptoms of any illness w/copious amounts of gin! Without booze, you may find you’re more sensitive to minor things. Don’t knock yourself, just go with what your body’s saying.

Happyfeet, congrats on the house painting! Isn’t it funny how we clean our places up finally just when we’re leaving them?

Toots, I hate it in meetings when I hear “I survived the death of so-and-so…. and didn’t drink” like it was a credit to them – Just about everybody survives someone ELSE’s death – it’s your own that’s hard lol. It’s one of those things we drunks over-rate ourselves on. That said, it was hard watching my alcoholic family drink all my mom’s liquor cabinet and none for me!

Carlos, I’ve heard the “no relationships” thing isn’t in the Big Book, but it’s part of the “no major changes in the first year” suggestion, which I think is because most drunks’ thinking in early sobriety is still pretty squirrelly so big decisions should be put on hold. It’s also part of the idea of keeping sobriety the first priority – not putting another person between you & your sobriety.

Dorothy, sorry to hear you're feeling down. Negative thoughts are the worst -- like drinking poison -- and they lead us so easily to drink!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

14.00 Monday

Hi Undies from me in a very cold, very wet, very windy N.W. England, don't know about Autumn being round the corner, I think winter has jumped in with a vengenance.
I did a big long post earlier, the phone rang and I closed the page.
Had a good weekend, had a lovely time in Delamere Forest on Saturday, we did treasure hunts for the children and they loved every minute. It was just good getting away from all the hustle and bustle, it was so fresh, peaceful and natural and we only got lost once which is good for us. Then we went out for dinner with friends on Saturday night, which made a pleasant change. We don't get out often. I was the chauffeur as usual. I had stuffed Portobello mushrooms, followed by chicken fajita's, scrumptious. Sorry about this D.G but I finished off with a coffee! The others were on beer and wine, so I just felt obliged to treat myself. I enjoyed it!

I had my Dad here again this morning, took him home an hour ago, had lunch, little boy is painting so I thought I'd have another go at posting.

Happyfeet, hi how are you doing?

Drake, I could never stop at one either and I'm talking bottles here.

Dorothy, hi I hope all is well with you, have you any news on the work front? I hope so.

Hi Lifeplant, not sure if I've already welcomed you and I'm not risking going back to check because knowing me I'll lose my post again. So welcome to the Undies, you'll get lots of support from the good, kind people here and we talk about all kinds of things, as you've probably gathered, no topic banned, well almost no topic! I've never been to Glasgow, but it's on my list of 'places I must visit' in fact I've never even been to Scotland.

Toots, have no fear, the hatches are well battoned, it's horrible, how are you? Bet you're meeting yourself coming backwards with all the organizing you need to do.

Steve, I'm sorry you're down, what has happened to make you feel this way? You don't need me to tell you 'This too will pass.'
You know I do give a sh*t about how you are, it matters very much to me that you are okay, you keep me going and I'm sorry if others don't seem to appreciate all you do. Actually I can relate to that more than you can possibly know. Stay strong my friend.

Welcome to the Undies Stark, 3 months is a good achievement, well done you. I remember only too well how ill I felt when I was drinking, I don't miss that one bit.

Midnight, it's good to see you in a better mood and I love those pink boxing wraps, very pretty, very girly.
Just read your next post, I hope you aren't getting a cold or something. You look after yourself my sober friend. xxx

Oh dear DG, I'm glad you got that off your chest re your b.friend, sounds like you're being taken for granted a little, maybe you need to have this out with him!
The A.V doesn't care how long you've been sober for, sometimes it can hit hard after several months down the line, it likes telling you that you're obviously okay, you've come this far without having a drink so you can't have a problem. Don't be swayed, stayed vigilant, because that's what happened to me the previous time I stopped drinking, I got complacent and Wham!! Back to square one!

Carlos, to quote you 'that’s only 263 days, 11hrs, 36 min and 47 secs from now' any one would think you were counting, lol. The forest was really good thanks, I gathered that question was for me. I will be on the bus later. See you there!

Drake, I did all my drinking at home too, not a good way to be, I'm not planning on going back to the mess I was in!

WWG, sounds like you had a lovely, family Sunday, can't beat them can you?

Courage, that's a really good, candid, positive post and full of common sense, thank you.

Steve, you need to vent and get it out of your system, we all have our bad days, all of us so don't even think about keeping quiet. Is it work or is it the wife that's getting you down, or is it both? I know how hard you work, both in your workplace and at home.

Good to see you back Dee, you were missed. How are you? Are you feeling better? I really do hope so.

Hi Melvin, good to see you posting. I'm not quite sure what a dry drunk is, someone needs to explain that to me! I hope you and your b.f manage to get things sorted!

Dorothy, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down but I'm glad you're not going to be tempted to self harm with the poisonous old wine, it wouldn't solve anything, wouldn't change anything, plus alcohol is a depressant and you'd only end up feeling even more down. Keep your chin up and keep smiling.

Toots, you write such a lot of sense and you are so right, we have one shot at life, I don't know of anyone who's come back and said any different, so lets not waste what we have and make the most of it.
Yep, very windy here too, I'm home today as it's my Tue, Wed, Thur week, court Wed morning!!!!

Midnight, get loads of fluids down you and rest, take good care of yourself and if things get any worse get yourself off to the Doctor's.

Happyfeet, you won't want to be moving now your house is all painted up and pretty. Have you had any possible buyers?

Melvin, I think that's about right re the 12 month abstinence from new relationships, I think it's to give yourself time to adjust to the changes and to focus on yourself and concentrate on your recovery.

Hiya Jim, hope you had a great weekend, what have you been up to?

Courage, that phrase about being 'squirrelly' never fails to make me smile!

Tanja, I hope you're well and good, hope to catch up with you soon.

Stay safe and sober Undies.

All my love

Grace

xxxx

Just for today I will be happy
Old 09-16-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grace...how do you keep all that straight? Your summary is like a readers digest version...I like it..Sorry about the weather....
I am doing o.k....spend yesterday walking the length of a small lake (10 kms) it was sunny and warm. The lake has no development....there were no people..at all..just solitute...quietness...never under estimate its power..Then went for a lunch of pancakes to carb up...

8 weekends with nothing to drink...this was the first one where I have not been aching for a drink...Actually went out to a nice restaurant (not a pub) on Friday evening....not something I do alot of...We had a decaf coffee with our meal...Others around us were drinking...When I first sat down I thought it would be nice to have a beer....of course one would not be enough....once I order and had some food it passed.

Then I observed...you could see some folks greedly drinking the large beer and then frantically waving the waitress down for another...almost like I could 'feel' the individuals with the 'cravings'..Then a bulb went off and I thought how fortunate I was to be 8 weeks into sobriety.....
I read toots blog over the weekend and it spoke to me....I haven't travelled the path that she has so far, but I know, I don't want to go back....It is a fragile thing for me..sobriety....in some respects I feel like I an walking on ice which is cracking under me...if I am not careful I can quickly fall through....I don't want to be back there....we all know what a terrible place it is for our souls and well being...not only for use but for those loved ones around us.. ....I need my solititude.

Whoa...way to much insight for me on a Monday....lol

Still working on the hummingbird pic for you ...someday...I think they are smart and are packing up....

Jim
Old 09-16-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stark6935 View Post
I'm not going to let my guard down. I know I can never drink again and that is fine with me. I was in a very bad place just a few months ago. I basically woke up every morning thinking bad things, and what not. Alcohol has robbed me of a lot of my life already. I am growing to loathe it more every day.

I'm not working any sort of program honestly. I know what I need to do in my life and how to get there. I either do it, or I don't. I have been wanting to quit for a long time, but just wasn't ready for years. I finally got tired of it and made the decision to quit. I didn't want to be one of those that says they are quitting every other week or whatever.
Wow, this is so me. Except for the quitting every other week or so, I did do that :-) But the rest--yep, that's me. And even though I'm only on Day 10, I already am starting to loathe alcohol. What a crock of crap it it.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Feeling really down today.....Seems like I spend all my time helping others but when I need a little help no one gives a sh1t.....I'm done.
Hi Stevie--I hope you feel better. You are an awesome person!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

MB-you too, you're not an idiot. Clearly not.

I call myself that all the time too, and beat myself up for things--we shouldn't do that to ourselves, we wouldn't treat others like that, why do we do it to ourselves?

I hope you feel better both physically and emotionally.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Ugg. Still feeling really down. It's been a bit of a duvet day here. Just hoping this will pass sooner rather than later.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Feel uber crappy, and like uber idiot again. Though, maybe I it is exactly who I am - an idiot who can't grow up and take a sensible view of things. I would give a lot to become a senseless uber b*** , life would be so much easier then.
Hi MB. I hate to hear you talk about yourself like this. *hugs* I get it though. I feel the same way. I feel really immature and I need to get my S*** together. But I've never thought you've sounded like an idiot. You seem very far from that.

Grace "dry drunk" is when you just aren't drinking. The other stuff that being sober involves isn't really playing a part in your daily actions. Like not paying attention to the triggers you are placing your self around, not working toward self improvement, neglecting your health, and eventually you start thinking that drinking could be in your future and you don't necessarily care if you relapse or not. At least that's how I've come to understand it. Sorry you're having miserable weather. I am too but in the opposite spectrum. I'm so sick of hot. Go away 90 degree(F) weather! GO AWAY!!!

Gotta go take a nap. Just got groceries too.. maybe my bf will stop whining at me cuz he's hungry. ...maybe.

Have a great day undies. NAP TIME!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

DG... I think I need a duvet day too. I hope yours helps you feel a wee bit better at least. *hugs*
Old 09-16-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 174. Great job Jim, you are doing well my friend. I hope you are doing better Steve, PM me if you want to vent. You're right Grace, nothing better than family time. Welcome to all the new Undies, you joined a great thread.

Busy day at work. Came home and went for a run, now going to a meeting in a bit. I love my Monday meeting, it gets me off to a good start to the week. Remember we are strong and courageous people for putting down the drink. Don't drink today, and rejoice in that. God Bless all of you. I am blessed to be a part of this amazing group.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

A quick hello. Am meeting a friend i haven't seen in 1 year and a half, and he used to be my heavy drinking buddy. I've been plagued by black moods all Sunday and today. argh.
Hopefully, I'll be better tomorrow and will be able to contribute more generously to this nonetheless brilliant thread.
xo
Old 09-16-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Went to a women's meeting this afternoon that was great..gave me a boost in the middle of the day.

We've had 1 showing so far and the feedback was that they thought our price was too aggressive because there was a house down the street that was a short sale. My real estate agent said not too worry as that is the only one in the neighborhood.

My agent emailed me today and told me there is someone with interest but they wanted to know if they could have chickens. As long as they are for personal use there won't be a problem ( we are on 1-1/2 acres). My neighbors will love that....not!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good luck happy feet. I know trying to sell a house is rough. And I went to my first Women's group last friday. It was different... but very awesome.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Dp I hope your black mood lifts. Have a good sober time with your old buddy.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

MB please stop putting yourself down, I am always telling my grandson off for calling himself an idiot, I am not sure who called him that, but it really annoys me, as he now puts himself down. I can't make him understand that if you keep saying it you end up believing it. Please spend the day calling yourself positive life affirming things! Or I will have to put you on the naughty step!

Happyfeet I remember the stress of trying to sell, especially if the Purchase is reliant on it. I hope you get an early buyer, chickens or not! ( perhaps if they offer eggs to your neighbours...)

Courage, it is not so much surviving the death of someone, but coping with the loss of someone you loved. Especially the loss of a parent, for with them alive we are always their child. When we lose our parents we become the older generation and the world turns. It is natural to grieve, to fell sorry for oneself and to turn to someone ( or in an alcoholics case something ) as a crutch. Allow yourself to be proud of surviving the turmoil of emotions you went through, without resorting to an old standby.
Grace I hope your week is going well, I fear we are wet and windy all week!

SJ good to see you

DG I hope you are feeling better today

DP I hope your meet with the old friend goes well, who knows you might inspire him!

Mel, loving posts.

To all I am running late, as per so will check in later xx
Old 09-17-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

SJ, I have had the random #47 on my mind since reading about it last week after your post. While killing some time at the store prior to my Monday meeting I finally remembered to play that number in the lottery. So, consequently, for two times both today and tomorrow (mid-day and evening) we are 50/50 partners in the PA lottery for a strait and boxed 047 at 50cents a pop. Wish us luck?

Courage, the potential relationship dilemma was presented to me in the same "suggested" manner as you described. Following a per chance encounter with someone I met and seemed to click with last week, it has been weighing on my mind. That's why I joked about it the other day. We are tentatively set to kayak and Frisbee-golf one day this weekend. I did disclose my "recovering" alkie status to her. She divorced following a long marriage to an active still practicing drunk. Crazy part is, I already played that role of the drunk leaving a 25 year marriage. I really don't know if I am ready to even casually date yet. I have a very wise sponsor that I plan to discuss this with on Thursday; and I plan to follow the guidance he suggests. Btw Toots, my intentions are good ones. Ultimately I hope for an equal partner to share...hum, well, most everything in life again.

Lastly for today, undies, I heard at a meeting a few days ago something that struck me. "We are not responsible for our first thoughts; but we are for any thoughts and actions that follow." I contemplated that yesterday. Primarily based on the lack of patience that has plagued me of late and created unnecessary conflict. I am no where near where I can "let go, let God"... but, I do hope to get there some day. I decided my interim bridge will be: 1.) Think of who you really are right now, today. Then 2.) What is the type of person that you want to be in this situation....then respond, or not, but appropriately based on that criteria. Feedback gladly accepted...

Bye All...have a great sober-based Tuesday!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hey good luck with that number 47....although for me it changes each day...