Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 21

Old 10-02-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Whoa, we have a Pirates fan here!

I am checking in at day 27. Just had a therapy session. It feels really good to cry sometimes. I've been wishing I could make amends to my ex, but I think he hates me. And not without reason... I wish I could let it go once and for good, but I guess it doesn't work that way?

On a more positive note, I made a very delicious kale, yam and sweet potato soup.

Also, so close to 30 days! I've already beaten my record for sobriety this year. (So many 3 week stints, what a relief to break thru.)
Old 10-02-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep it going rooms

D
Old 10-02-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the welcome back wishes. It helps a lot. Already struggling today knowing I have to drive home and not stop at any bars. Was planning to be a hermit today but got called in for a shift, so now I'm out in the world. It would be so easy for me to just say that my husband has left me, I might as well drink now. I really do have a desire to be healthy though, so I'm trying to focus on that and hopefully a bike ride tomorrow will clear my head. Nice to be reading about you all again.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
p***enger

DG – how are you feeling free from everything (‘cept procrastination, but put that one off a while)? I’ve had some bad times like others on this thread with mood swings, low level depression, fatigue and mental fuzziness. Do you think that’s PAWS, and that it’s reduced by giving up caffeine, nicotine & sugar (all of which I use)? If so, what’s your source? Excuse me if you’ve already explained this to old-timer undies.

Dorothy, I hope you get a lift and/or some good news. Even if it’s just something small, like a spot of color in your day.

Toots, never grab a goose! How did the “fill the dance w/ducks” prank turn out, please tell!

MB, you’re sounding great! Ride the happy wave when you can catch it!

Grace, ahhhh – reading your post just gave me a moment’s vacation. Enjoy!

Tanja, good for you for taking on a service commitment. I make the coffee & set up the chairs at my home group. Wow I can’t wait for that commitment to be over. Then someone will probably “suggest” I take on a new one lol.

Stay strong, Siesta!

Oh – for anyone who keeps losing this thread, I just “subscribe” to the threads I post to daily (under Thread Tools) and then I can shortcut to my subscribed threads under my User CP. Does anyone else do that?
Old 10-02-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Hey gang haven't posted for a couple of day's as I've been mad busy....It's 00.50am here and it's the start of day 301 for me.....I'm halfway through a 16 hour nightshift, got another 16 hour night tomorrow and then Saturday and Sunday I got 16 hour days....I'll be upto 96 hours for the week and I'm starting to feel it now but we are so short staffed I can only have Friday off and that's it for about 3 weeks.....So as it stands I'm looking at doing over 100 hours next week and the week after....Crazy...

Still smashing the gym though but only 3 times per week and I'm eating like a beast still....Managed to settle on a good figure of 4000 calories a day...It's just enough for my weight gain and it doesn't leave me feeling too stuffed lol....

It's good to see all the newcomers....This group is getting huge now....

I hope Grace is enjoying her jollies....

I hope all of you guy's are doing well and hopefully I can check back in later...

Take care.....Steve.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by madbird View Post
Still here, mostly lurking in this Undies group. I feel kind of speechless (but that's normal for me), probably because I'm still feeling my way around.
Glad you are still with us. A lot of great advice and friendship here.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Good to see your post Grace. Enjoy your vacation. I'm looking forward to next week as we are off the Vermont to see my parents for a long weekend. Nothing better than Vermont during foliage.

Hey Steve, you are the hardest working guy in the UK. Amazing job on over 300 days of sobriety. You are an inspiration to me. I hope you get yourself a special gift for working all those hours.

Just got back from a great men's AA meeting. I love the fellowship and sharing. We all deserve a good sober life.

Tomorrow we be a true test at my company event, as alcohol will be free and flowing. Stay strong Undies.

Matthew
Old 10-02-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Hi Undies...popping in to say hello
Old 10-02-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

WWG, good luck with your event tomorrow. You'll find that people are much less interested in us not drinking than we think. It's rather trendy now to be a non-drinker. Come here to let us know how things went will you ?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

HEY!!! I was so miserable I forgot to celebrate my 9 months mark on October 1st.

Carlos, let's open that bottle now then. And on my next TV project.

I'm super grateful to have you guys here to cheer me on not just regarding my drinking (my non-drinking) but with life itself. Thank you. You guys have NO idea how a simple "sending you good vibes" or "thinking of you" can help/console me.

Siesta, did your husband really leave? That's heart wrenching. Tell yourself you don't need to worsen that situation by going back to being an alcoholic. You've always chosen health over disease, so keep to that road, stay on that stable recovery road. Come here often.

DP
xo
Old 10-02-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Many congrats on 9 months dotty.....Well done.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
p***enger

DorothyParker Hooray for 9 months!

Keep 'em coming!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Dorothy

D
Old 10-02-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

WWG - you can do it tomorrow! My partners and staff are hard core drinkers. They've known me for a while, and they get why I don't drink. Those people who don't know me don't need an explanation.

Steve - you are a champion at work.

Everyone else- your stories and support help quiet the daily chatter and urge to give moderation yet another shot. Thanks to you al!

Good night...see you on day 12.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Yay, Dorothy!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
p***enger

Aargh -- my son is lonely & underemployed on the other side of the country, and is possibly not thinking very clearly & asking us to support him in some fuzzy-minded schemes (which are incidentally expensive). My husband is even now on the phone w/him trying to point out some of the fuzziness. To me it sounds like an argument, which in turn sounds calamitous & catastrophic, and I'm full of fear. It's this I would drink over. I really don't want to drink. I don't want to cry either, but I might. I just want to be able to handle ordinary adult responsibilities like a normal person instead of this way.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 months DP! Nice to hear from you on here. Wish I was still in the Jan class but at least now I know moderation isn't for me.

Yep, husband took off. Really upset about it but there's nothing I can do. It's not the first time he has left.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Welcome resolute!

Babs have a safe and fun trip!

MB sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Siesta glad you came back! My longest stretch of sobriety was also around 7months. Now I'm a week sober and don't miss those night sweats or lack of sleep at all! You can do this!!!

Slow day at work today which was kinda nice to kick back some and relax. Gosh my emotions are messing with me. I used to never talk about it much even on here Bc for some reason I felt like if others knew I wasn't all happy n sunshine it would be looked at as I'm like weak or something. I Duno. Weird, never really grew up talking to anyone including family when I was bummed ect so I'm like emotionally handicapped I guess
Old 10-02-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that things will work out with your son Courage.
He's not the first kid to have some woolly ideas - I had my share too, and I turned out ok

D