Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 21

Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome everyone Have to confess, I signed out and promptly forgot where I'd seen the thread - just spent 20mins finding it again
Old 10-02-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Skye - I've done that so many times. I usually get sidetracked reading other great threads while trying to find the one I originally wanted.

Tanja - just cake, presents, and family tonight. She has a pottery painting party on Saturday.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

Just back home, and tired - but in a good way - too many impressions and emotions)

It was such a big deal about this Klitshko class - just a lot of media - TV, central channels, a lot of security and all. But still it was interesting to see him alive. He is just a machine - pure muscles and moves awesomely.

I liked exhibition as well -such colorful paintings, and the one that I liked best was absolutely magnificent. I mean, all the paintings were great, but at the moment I tend to like ones that are full of life. The painting by Jan Frans van Dael just magnified me - there were a lot of flowers, and they were like real! I couldn't get my eyes off it!

Then stopped for a cup of capppucino, and going to have a good sound sleep soon)

Haven't time to read all your posts - I'll catch up tomorrow.

Best wishes to all the Undies)

Have a great day. Hugs to all)
Old 10-02-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Hey MB...sounds like you had a great time!...Get some rest..
Old 10-02-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Tootsl - Northwest
Old 10-02-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Oh..can I be an undie also?
I'd rather be an Undie than an Overy
Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

hi guys---just to let you know--I'm going to be gone till next week. Going to visit my only sister. talk to you then. Stay strong everyone.
hugs
Babs
Old 10-02-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

MB - glad you had a cool experience today.

Babs - I hope you have a nice visit with your sister.

Resolute...welcome!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ctrl View Post
MB - glad you had a cool experience today.

Babs - I hope you have a nice visit with your sister.

Resolute...welcome!!!
thanks ctrl---talk to you guys next week.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Administrator

Babs - seems like you only just got back from somewhere!

good luck Tanja

welcome to all the new guys

D
Old 10-02-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thanks for letting us know Babs, now I won't be worrying about you! Have a great time with your sister, no sitting up all night talking! X
Old 10-02-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi Undies,

Grace if you think writing a post gets you out of sending a postcard you are so mistaken! It sounds sublime honey, lie back acne think of, well absolutely nothing!

SJ how have things been since the AV and drinking dream? I hope it all has settled down.

Oh Siesta, while it is lovely to see you back, I am sad about the circumstances. It is good that you are reaching out and are ready for another go, you managed over 7 months before so you know you can do it. You just need to be prepared for that sneaky AV trying to tempt you. At least now you know moderation is not an option. How are things with hubby? Have you spoken? Ic an understand his frustration and anger, but you do need to communicate. Stay close by over the next few days, and think about whether there is anything else you can do this time to ensure lasting success

Tanja, I understand your nerves, but you wil do just fine. A before, just be your sweet self and they will love you. All newcomers need is to realise they are not alone, that you not only understand but have experienced the same issues.

SkyeSea, Ctrl, if you scroll up the page to 'my posts' you will find all the posts you have left on threads. You can rejoin the thread where you left off. I'd be lost without it!
Ctrl I'm glad that foot is continuing to heal.

Mb I have to admit to my ignorance of jan Fran's van dael, so I obviously googled him! Wow! I'm not a great fan of still life oils, but this guy certainly knew his flowers. What a talent. It must have been wonderful to see the paintings in the flesh so to speak! I'm really glad you had such a lovely day.

DP, how did the dust busting go? I hope you feel more settled soon still sending positive thoughts your way.

Resolute, you absolutely can be an Undie, welcome!

Dee, that Babs leads a jet set lifestyle!

BF glad you are at least getting a good sleep, I'm sure the tiredness will ease soon.

Carlos, Mel, Steve, Happyfeet, Drake, WWG I hope you are all well. And any undies I forgot, sorry, but contrary to the evidence, I am only human!!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Hello Undies,

Thank you for the well wishes for the Pittsburgh Pirates. They won last night and will now play a best of 7 game series against St Louis. Win or lose from this point forward doesn’t matter to me. I am just happy they got this far and I will no longer bore you with the details.

Babs, thanks for the pop in, enjoy your visit with sissy. My youngest calles my oldest sissy and I just love it.

Resolute50, welcome! For me, joining this thread was easy. In fact I’m on my third go-round. I building a foundation that I hope has me joining the over-undies, yet still on this thread, in 8 months and a day.

MB, thanks for sharing your “great day” story. Hey, how about that Toots and the black belt thing. That made me smile.

Tanja, you are going to be fantastic as a chairperson. I’ve done like 4 so far with less than 10% of your AA pedigree. I have lobbied to have the one I now chair be a Big Book study. We vote tonight. My fingers are crossed. Thanks again for your 14 month sober story in the “Recovery Stories” section. Any Undie that hasn’t read it yet and is looking for some hope and inspiration on their journey should pop over asap.

Grace, keep some open seats for breakfast...we Busalonies have accepted your invite and should be arriving soon.

Siesta, wow, I soooo know that journey into moderation. Congrats on this super fast return, and the courage and resolve to do so. My last run was 7 months and could fill a few pages in drunkalog.

crtl, Happy B/day to your daughter. So cool that you will be sober to enjoy it with her. Enjoy, time really flies and next thing you know they are getting married...etc.

Toots and DG:
Thank you for extending that XY invite
No secrets you offer will ever take flight
It’s so much fun
Rhyming sober with pun
Can’t wait till later to add one tonight

BF, congrats on over a week. That blue mood shall pass. Stay close. All we Undies know you got what it takes.

Mel, such a wonderful post. Made me smile. You are handling so many different aspects of your life with such clarity. I wonder why? (kidding) For me, clean and sober makes all the difference in the world at handling life's challenges.

Courage, thanks for the serenity thought about simply not needing to drink. Was at a mtg a couple days ago talking about sticking around till the miracle happens. I considered that serenity at that moment a small miracle. Another person said, “every day I don’t drink is a miracle.” I love that. So simple, so true for me.

Pippo, I watch an HBO special I think on those two brothers. Was pretty interesting. One became a liberal politician fighting the establishment if I’m not mistaken. Anyway, it was a cool story as i recall.

Madbird, how are you doing?

Welcome SS and RFA, glad to have you on this sober journey.

Sorry, I’m out of gas and must move on with a busy evening. My best to any and all others.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Tanja- I am sure you will do great with the AA meeting.

Ctrl- good to see you over on the Kicking Asphalt thread, too!

Skysea- when you respond to a thread, I think it automatically 'subscribes' you to it unless you've changed your settings. If you click on "Quick Links" and then "Subscribed threads" it will show you a list of threads you're subscribed to and also show you which ones have new posts. It's a handy feature for checking out what has updates since you last posted. Also if you can remember the name of the thread you're looking for, there is a 'Search' option to the left of "Quick Links".

Resolute- of course you can be an undie! As much as I love being an undie, I'm certainly going to take pride in the day I graduate to being an overie.

Babs- hope you have a nice visit with your sister.

MB- Glad you had a nice day- you deserved it!

Siesta- welcome back.

Grace- glad you're enjoying your vacation.

I got a bit of work done today. Trying to get back in the swing of things after all the Dr's appointments. I've got quite a bit to get wrapped up before leaving on a work trip in a week and a half. Going to spend the rest of this afternoon/evening getting some more stuff done around the house. I'll probably try for another bike ride as well and maybe sneak in a bit of time playing the drums.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Carlos- You snuck that post in on me while I was posting. Love the limerick and I think I speak for both toots and myself when I say we're thrilled to have you over on the limerick thread.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, 190. I just got back from a run. I'm looking forward to my Beginner Men's AA meeting tonight. It is my favorite meeting of the week.

Welcome to the new Undies, you joined a great thread. Hi Toots, Jim, Steve, Midnight, BoozeFree, and all my other friends.

I'm loving sobriety, and running helps with quieting the AV. I have an all day company function tomorrow, and we all get free drinks. I'm really nervous, and scared. Not sure what to tell people. I all ready feel awkward.

We must remain hopeful and courageous. We are stronger than we think.

God Bless,
Matthew
Old 10-02-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Oh Siesta hello. You used to be in the January class right? So good to hear from you and thank you for sharing your story. it helps me right at this moment because I have had toying thoughts that I could do moderation. I can do it but only for 2 months, then the whole shebang starts again like you. Don't feel bad. Now you know it's not an option for you and it's rarely different for anyone else. Come here often and share with us how life is going.

Tanya, have confidence in yourself. Go with your head high. You'll be super good with that quiet and sensitive strength of yours. Thank you for your vote of confidence in me. I must admit, I was on the verge today of saying F..k it. I'm taking my loose change and buying a bottle. One bottle and no one has to know. ;((((

Toots, vacuuming really helped disperse some anger. I'm an obsessive so cleaning took most of the day. I decided to work on my book. I think that if I'm not paid to do it at the moment, I might as well put it to work on a more creative personal essay. I've been revising for 4 years. I think it's time I finish it.

Any news on the visa yet? Can we have you on this side of the ocean soonish?

I commiserate with everyone who lose this thread. I simply start writing part-21 in my browser and it guides me here. This is the only post I read. I know a good thing when I find one.

Grace, your presence is missed. Who can make me laugh out loud when they lose the post on their kindle ? Are you finding it hard not to have a drink on holidays? Is it your first time?

Melivin, you seem like you sussed things out pretty well. Good for you. It will bring you a lot of self-respect to gain back control on the aspects of your life you felt were getting away from you.

Carlos, let us know if the vote goes in your favour.

Ciao everyone.

DPxo
Old 10-02-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Thanks DG. What a fun and oft profound thread.

Re-read my post and realized I missed my buddy, DP. I am leaving early for my meeting tonight to buy a bottle of one of my favorite flavored sparkling water beverages...then popping it on chill till word comes down that one of your projects is in play. Super vibes your way!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Still here, mostly lurking in this Undies group. I feel kind of speechless (but that's normal for me), probably because I'm still feeling my way around.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hard to get a word in with this lot madbird...

D