Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 21

Old 09-14-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 282 here for me and I'm feeling great even though I'm on a 15 hour day shift....Had a brilliant session at the gym after work last night and I still feel great...Been eating like a beast and over the last week I've upped my calorie intake to 4000 calories a day lol....

Midnight my fellow gym rat....Many congrats on 11 months sober...It's a fantastic achievement and you should be so proud of yourself because I am....Well done..

WWG tell the AV to f*@k off lol or I'll be round to kick the crap out of it....

There's still no let up in my work load and I think my next day off is next Thursday....That will be 4 whole weeks without a day off....I'm begining to wonder myself where I'm getting all my extra energy from to go smashing the gym after all these 15 hour shifts lol...

Grace I hope you are well and everything is ok...

And that goes for everyone else too....I am proud of each and every one of you...

Take care all.....Steve.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 months Midnight!
Old 09-14-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Midnight, congratulations on 11 mega months sober. You're just fantastic.

All my love

Grace xxx
Old 09-14-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 6 months sober to my very special friend Toots. I'm so proud of you.

Love ya loads

Grace. xxxxx
Old 09-14-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Undies

Happy Saturday

Just a quick post as I'm off to the forest with the two boy g.children, the pink one is going to a party.

Steve, you sound great which is a pleasure to see. So pleased you're managing to get those gym sessions in. 4000 caleries, o.m.g I don't think I eat that many in a week! You really are a beast!

WWG I have no doubts in my mind at all that you can give the A.V the heave-ho! You're doing great.

Enjoy the day everyone, whatever you're doing.

Grace. xx
Old 09-14-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congratulations dear MB and toots for your wonderful achievements on this sober journey! I feel blessed to have met you both. Be proud of yourselves' today, walk tall. xx
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1379157336
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
imagesCAP4I1N8.jpg (4.3 KB, 45 views)
Old 09-14-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Many congrats to toots aswell for 6 months sober.....Fantastic achievement.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Congrats toots!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, checking in on Day 5 . Thank you for all the lovely warm welcomes. My, there are a lot of you here. I did a bit of reading back on posts, but I started to lose track. I joined you guys a few days ago, then didn't check back in, so here I am today. I'll post everyday for the next wee while, that way i'll hopefully get to know you all, oh, and more people to keep me accountable!!

Don't be fooled by the location. I'm actually a Scot and although my avatar looks a bit angry, it's actually just a wee coo trying to do a highland fling in celebration of Toots achieving 6 months today!!

Stay well everyone, now i'm off back to the previous part of the thread to try and catch up.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I hear you are a Glaswegian Lifetplant.. been there twice and as I admitted in a post back a bit, I do not remember much about it! I was told I had a good time.

Do remember meeting two of the nicest elderly gentlemen in a pub in central Glasgow. We became good friends for the 3 days I was there with some friends.

I am Irish/English/Welsh basically, according to the family histories. Not much Continental blood but likely some Scot in there somewhere.

So Welcome again to our club.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey everyone.....

Just have time to pop in for a minute.

Grace...love to read your posts.

Toots.....6 months ....I am very happy for you....that is a great accomplishment....
(I need to be able to put a picture in here...but I am not great at that...)
I will read your blog later today.... Molly sends me pm's from time to time. Cannot always understand them, she needs to learn how to type better...But she is happy for you as well..

MB..11 months...I hope you have a great day today....I know it is a struggle, but you are strong, not just physically..You are truly and inspiration to me.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober Saturday.

Jim
Old 09-14-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Just a quick post:
MB: uber congrats on 11 months, how awesome!

Toots: ditto on 6 months, wow.

Stevie--Good Lord, you work a lot!

Grace--thanks, as always, for your posts

Lifetplant-it DOES look angry!

So last Saturday I was hungover as hell and hating myself. Today I'm bright, sparkly and so thankful I got back on the sobriety train. Thanks all!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations on 6 months, Toots!

Congratulations on 11 months, MB!

Since all of us only have today, congratulations to everybody for waking up sober this morning!
Old 09-14-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

MB- Congrats on 11 months!!

Toots- Congrats on your 6 months. Half a year is too cool!!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, Undies)

Qiuick check in from me for now.

Yes, it's my 11 months milestone today, just hard to believe. And it's absolutely amazing - the power of "one day at a time").

I am feeling somewhat better today. I think that this nasty voice somewhere in the background that keeps bugging me and telling that "I am a loser, fry drunk, helpless, doomed for failure and miserable life, pathetic, ridiculous, unworthy, etc., etc." is just a part of AV. One of its multiple personalities and masks it wears to get to me and achieve its one and ultimate goal - to get a drink and ruin my life.

I started today with a long meditation, and as negative thought keep popping up I am pushing them away and let go, not even starting my usual "rationalization and justificatory" conversations with it. It's the beast and it acknowledges nothing but raw power.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I'll see you all later)
Congrats on 11 months.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Great job on 6 months Toots. You are an inspiration.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, again, Undies)

Thank you all so much for your congrats!

As the has been unfolding I've started to feel better, had a great boxing class. I've been thinking how to reward myself for 11 months, but somehow my thoughts end up revolving around some food. I almost bought myself cookies again, but bit the bullet and walked away. It turns out, it's so hard for me to reward myself, I always doubt that I really deserve a reward, like I never do enough, and if I reward myself it always accompanied by sense of guilt.

Toots - huge congrats on 6 months, my friend! 2 I wish your wind will be always prosperous and will guide your sails to the desired destination)

Grace- glad to see you posting and that you are still with Undies!

Stevie - thanks for congrats! Will you share with me a secret where you get energy to smash the gym during your crazy shifts? ) 4000 calories?))) Can I borrow your metabolism for a day?) Take care.

Jim - thank you so much for kind words. And, you are about 50 days now, if I am not mistaken?)

Lifetplant - welcome and congrats on 5 days sober!

Samwitch - so glad you are sounding more upbeat now and feeling much better!

Courage - you are so right - every sober morning gives us an opportunity to celebrate it when we smile to rising sun hangover and guilty free.

Carlos - thanks to you)

DG - you are our quitting champion - quit 4 additions! WOW!

My best wishes to all the Undies!

Have a great weekend)
Old 09-14-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thank you all for your lovely words, I am so happy to have reached this particular milestone, as the last time was 22 years ago when I quit smoking. So officially this is the longest I have ever gone without a drink, since I began drinking 34 years ago.

I am glad MB that you are feeling better, I just wish that you could ignore those hateful voices. They do not come from inside you, they are not any part of you and they are nasty evil liars. Not only are you no lesser a person than anyone else, you are so much more beautiful inside and out than you know. Ignore those negative noises and remember that you mean a lot to a lot of people. I am so happy you are sharing your 11 month anniversary with me.

I have had a week of interrupted sleep, culminating in a mere 3 hours last night, so I am functioning on auto pilot. So tonight dear friends I will just wish you all well, and tomorrow will look again at your posts and respond individually. Be safe xx
Old 09-14-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

MB - Congratulations on 11 months of sobriety I can relate so well to rewarding myself with food especially sweets. I justify it by telling myself I worked a fair amount of it off on the treadmill. I have been feeling hang-overy all week long. Not sure why - I may be coming down with something.

Toots - Congratulations my friend on 1/2 a year of sobriety I know how significant this milestone is for you. I hope you find a really great way to celebrate it

Wishing everyone a wonderful week-end.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

My AV is barking, so I'm going to a meeting. I'm learning a lot in sobriety, and the key is never picking up that first drink. Day 172