Notices

Class of August 2013 Part 5

Old 10-10-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Ugh bb, I'm sorry you are struggling.

Just keep posting and reading and know that you have friends here who are cheering for you.

I truly hope you can find a way to stay sober, you deserve it.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Johnny I totally relate, our rivers are way down because they closed the federally owned-dammed lake behind it. All I have to say is that if our government is shut down They better not take taxes out of my check this month!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Thank you andrea. I'm sorry because i wish we could be cheering eachother on, while I'm more begging for forgiveness.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

i should just post in October. I love you all, but ur on your way and I'm not there yet... So best wishes and pm me if you want to talk, believe me I gained something from all of you, I'm so sorry, my journey went on a different path.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

I posted over there but as I said there, we all struggle with it until we find the right formula for our issues and the level of support we need. I wish you strength and also courage to go to a meeting if you need it. It may make all the difference.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Blackbirdfly you are not bringing me down. What's up? Did something happen? Or are are you just having a battle with your AV?
Old 10-10-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Bblackbirdflyy, I'm sorry you're feeling so terribly desperate. Don't feel like you're bringing anyone down. We're all only one slip ahead of you. Please stop tearing yourself up. Wipe up those tears. We care about you here! Sometimes it takes multiple times of trying to get it all out of your system. You can do this. Your way of getting sober has taken a little detour. Just get back up and go from here . Tomorrow is another day, as the saying goes. There are so many success stories on here. But for all of us it's one day at a time. Drink some water, try to get some sleep and go easy on yourself. Your August friend, Elseware
Old 10-10-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Hey BBF, it's ok. We're here for you. You're not bringing anyone down. Try to get it 'under control' as best you can. Tomorrow is another day and you can start fresh. Don't get down on yourself, that is the worst thing you can do.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

I think it goes amazingly smooth for some people and really bumpy for some people, and others just give up. I've been bumpy for 6 months. At least I keep getting 14 days instead of drinking myself blind every night, spending $200 a week on booze, and driving all over the map. That might be a HUGE excuse to any old timer(don't like them much), but it's progress.

Speaking of which, how can I be worried about money for a mattress when I spent so much on booze? I have no idea where I got that money. I must have been on a constant hustle to come up with extra cash. It's like it appeared out of thin air just as drinking money, now that I am not spending it, I have even less?? I think I am no longer desperate to make 200 a week in ebay sales from treasure hunting so I am not treasure hunting anymore. Hunting got terrible anyway.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:03 AM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
i should just post in October. I love you all, but ur on your way and I'm not there yet... So best wishes and pm me if you want to talk, believe me I gained something from all of you, I'm so sorry, my journey went on a different path.
Bbfly I've seen people handle this all different ways. Some people like to be with people who are just quitting at the same time they are. But some people stay with their original class. And some people post in both monthly classes.

There are no rules. Do what gives you the greatest chance at sobriety. Be willing to do whatever it takes and sobriety will be yours.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 511 (permalink)  

I think we've talked about this a couple of times.with a couple of people. I joined on Aug 27, the very day I was newly sober, and thus it took me a while to even find this 'class'. I posted individually for a while in Newcomers then but now like posting here mostly. I also post responses in newcomers so I am in no way avoiding hearing about failure.

I have exactly 1 motivation for coming to SR. Avoiding complacency. I relapsed after 8 years because my attitude was bad and I got complacent about alcohol. The attitude thing I know how to fix, and coming here every day to be reminded of others successes, and the cost of failure helps me avoid complacency.

Quit quitting on us, bbfly. Stay here where you said you know the people the best and feel most comfortable. I'm not gonna lecture you, but I think Itchy posted some powerful truth. I get to say that because it was true about ME at one time too. I had to accept it before I could progress.

I said I wasn't gonna lecture, but I have decided to 'tough love' on you. Start doing what people have succeeded do, because it works, and stop doing what you do, because it doesn't. I have social anxiety too, drunk or sober, and likely always will. I don't let that stop me going out in the world to the doctor or ER when I'm sick, or need help.

All is forgiven. start over. Try something new. Do what we say. Please?

I choose not to drink today.
FG
Old 10-11-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 512 (permalink)  

BBF, do what you need to do. FG does have a point, but at least join October and stay here. Double it up.

When I said amazingly smooth for some people I did not mean easy. Maybe a couple of people have an easy time, but the ones who don't relapse are working their butts off.

Woke 5 times last night with panic level anxiety until I realized there was nothing wrong and went back to sleep. Bed is not helping my back, ouchy.

Another day...now.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 513 (permalink)  

I don't buy into 'easy'. Somebody tell me it was easy when you are on your deathbed 50 years sober and I will. Some are less stubborn about adopting the new way of living they need, the lucky bastids. I do find that the longer you stay sober the simpler it seems to do so. But once you fall off that train, its a hard climb back on.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 514 (permalink)  

Just checking in - my pink cloud has dissipated and I have had some ups and downs this week. I find when my ego is excited or when it is bruised those are the strongest triggers for me.

I also find that my identity is still adolescent in nature - I view myself as 22 when I am 39. So part of my reckless behavior has to do with an unwillingness to grow up and become an adult, in spite of my natural age. This process is a growing up for me.

I am working my steps with my sponsor and have used my network during tough times. My desire for alcohol around alcohol is zero but I do get urges, usually triggered by emotions - again ego or feeling of a need to reward or punish.

I have never drank for the taste it has always been about the buzz too.

I am pleased with the transformation of my body. Swimming 1600yds daily and physique is starting to come back, which feels good. A month off the smokes, which has been much easier than expected and lungs are feeling healthy again. Looking fwd to ski season.

Anyhow that is my...44 days check in I guess.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 515 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

On to Part 6

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4232804
Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 516 (permalink)  

There have been some powerful words written here since I last looked in. You are all so articulate and kind even if you do do have to give out tough love sometimes. We're all coming along our own paths. Even you Bblackbirdflyy. I am so happy to see all of you here this morning. Have a wonderful day. Everyone. I will check in later!
Old 10-12-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 517 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

And here is the continuing story!