Notices

Class of September 2013 part 3

Old 09-09-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
Is it possible to OD on ice cream?
I don't know, but I'll let you know in the next day or two. I cannot put it down this last week.

Hi everyone - I haven't properly introduced myself. Nice to "meet" you all here in this thread. <==This is Lillian and she is 7 days sober.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hello Class of September 2013,

I am from the Class of March 2013 and it's great to see so many people posting and supporting each other.

I was going to welcome you on September 1st, but I thought I'd wait until today as today marks 6 months since I had my last drink.

A little background, I'm 50 years old, with no wife or kids, parents are deceased and my only brother is 2000 miles away half the year, and 10,000 miles away the other half.

This site is my support group, without it I don't think I would have come this far.

If you are new to sobriety or returning my best advice would be, stay in contact with your class. Most everyone in your class will be having a lot of the same stresses as you are and it truly helps to know that you are not alone.

I consider my March Class some of the best people I have ever known, they know more about me and my feelings than most, if not all of my friends where I live.

Please don't be afraid to share your feelings and or fears, there's a wealth of knowledge and experience here.

Good Luck and Stay Strong

Ken
Old 09-09-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Newleaf. Well done. Sometimes it is just easier to go to bed early. I do that sometimes.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
Is it possible to OD on ice cream?
Haha. I was trying to make low carb pudding today. It turned into a project, lol. But I finally got something pretty good and put a mountain of whipped cream on top. Yum!

I do love ice cream, though.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Morning all...

Erm yes im here, again lol, its 3.30am and I'm wide awake *ping*
Well done newleaf, I knew I'd wake up and you'd be af still ((((()))))

Welcome newbies and hello and thanks & congratulations on a fabulous 6 months Ken x

Its double digit day for me, and even on 3 hours sleep im ridiculously excited. ITS day 10!!!!!!!

Off to wander the boards and see whats happening...

Oh and thanks for the lovely words ♡

LatersSoberSeptDudesandDudesses

Xx

Old 09-09-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL congrats on day 10 Lorelei

D
Old 09-09-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

now, you're not laughing at me are you dee
Old 09-09-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good morning Lorelai! I hope you will be catching a nap when I wake up in the morning. I am off to bed now. Good night September friends.

I wonder if sobriety will bring me better typing skills? LOL. I make so many typos. Let me just put that out there so people do not think I am drinking if I miss some!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Goodnight September friends! I am wrapping up day 9 of sobriety. Was a fairly easy day. I'm glad we are all here to support each other. I cannot believe I am headed to double digits tomorrow. I'll try to post more, but I have a counseling session then straight to work in the morning. Night all in the U.S. and good morning to our counterparts!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

night you two, sleep well x
we are the double digit duo yocto hope the session goes well.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

September 1st is my third time getting sober since I've started posting on SR again. It's now been 9 days, and it's officially the longest I've been alcohol free for 2 years and the longest I've been cigarette free since I started smoking 15 years ago. If I make it another week without drinking, it'll be the longest I've gone since I started drinking heavily around 2005.

Thanks SR for being here. I don't post that much but I read the board a dozen times a day.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Good morning Lorelai! I hope you will be catching a nap when I wake up in the morning. I am off to bed now. Good night September friends.

I wonder if sobriety will bring me better typing skills? LOL. I make so many typos. Let me just put that out there so people do not think I am drinking if I miss some!
Haha. I type all day at work, rochele, so by time I get home on the computer I have a habit of misspelling too!

After a rough start, I'm at the end of Day 5!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm here and still sober. Kind of a yucky day and I'm worried about one of my pups' health, but I'm feeling strong in keeping sober. I walked by my old liquor store and had zero desire to go in today. That's a win.

Night class.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:19 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Everyone is just working so hard! I love it!

I had a great day here. Life is good. Today I reminded myself that I never will regret not drinking. Sounds like a cliche but it really is true. #imafinisher
Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 10 Lor!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Today was hard. Lots of awful alcohol cravings. But I stayed sober somehow. Day 8 tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone Finally can call it good.Had two awful days, woke up in crappy mood, tired all day and wanted a beer (ok, 20 of them). Managed to get out of the bad period with minimal loss, just binged on sweet and fatty foods. Did not help with the weight, but somewhat helped with the urges. Slept 9 hours straight today and woke up felling OK. It's day 45.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Today was hard. Lots of awful alcohol cravings. But I stayed sober somehow. Day 8 tomorrow.
Maybe you were just tired? Sounds obvious I know, but I had near zero cravings after a good rest and sleep.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 10! Uh, looks like Lorelei beat me to it!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

You can do it, Raider! I am having some cravings right now too, but thankfully a key family member in my home is coming around to the idea of NOT keeping alcohol in our house. This makes it so much easier. I have a feeling if it would have been here I would have caved.

It's crazy how one minute–one hour–I'm not even thinking about a drink, then the next I'm CRAVING one (or five, let's be honest).