Notices

Class of September 2013 part 3

Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Wow great thread!

Fifth - I would go to the Dr before I would detox myself.

SoberMonday! Prayers for you all
Old 09-09-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Diesel, I just wanted to say that all of your posts and encouragement really mean a lot to me and help keep me motivated. Thank you!

Fifth, I think water and sleep really go a long way. Organic fruits and veggies help too. Vitamins. Stretching, walks, hot baths/showers. How are you feeling emotionally today? It made me sad to see you so sad. Hang in there buddy, September isn't over yet.

Uninvited, I too am having crazy thirst! I am probably doing 1-2 gallons of water a day. Ever since I quit drinking I cannot get enough water. I actually posted about it in the Alcoholism forum.

AFM - DAY 14!!!! I can't believe it.

I feel like the day I stopped drinking I stepped into another world. My life has been SO different just over 2 weeks. My liver pain and swelling has disappeared, I have slept like a rock every single night for the first time in years, my depression has lifted, I lost 5lbs and lost all of my bloating (my abs are flat!), I have been incredibly productive, my marriage has been good, I have been fully present for my child, I've made good food choices, I've brushed my teeth and taken vitamins every day for 2 weeks (I seriously would get too drunk to care enough to do this for myself sometimes), and just this morning I woke up and my skin looked so much better than it has in years - clear, smooth, hydrated, and with a healthy look rather than the cadaverous pallor I've had going on for so long. I have to keep this up.

I was thinking last night and this is how I've done it -
Checking in on SR multiple times a day
Thinking about why I want to quit multiple times a day
Urge surfing imagery
Staying very busy with work
Eating regular meals
Drinking tons of water
Thinking ONLY about today and stopping myself when I start fretting about the future
Eating ice cream (which I never did before...saved all of my calories for alcohol)
Taking hot baths and reading to relax at night instead of drinking
Spending time with my animals (unconditional love and happiness)

All of those things got me to 14 days and will hopefully get me to 15.

Love to everyone today.....
This is awesome, Renarde!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Fifth, take care of yourself. Is it typical to have leg and arm pains after a binge? Maybe you fell or something, and do not remember? But do be careful and see a doctor if you do not feel better soon.

Renarde, you sound in much better spirits today. Maybe a good night's rest did you good. and glad your hubby is getting himself to the doctor.

I feel good today. Renewed in my promise to myself to be sober. I hope I can get to the end of the month and say I had a sober September except for that one stooopid Saturday!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

"Fifth, take care of yourself. Is it typical to have leg and arm pains after a binge? Maybe you fell or something, and do not remember? But do be careful and see a doctor if you do not feel better soon. "

@Rochele - unfortunately I always feel like this after a weekend of drinking, the pain is going away slowly (especially with every **** I have), it is the tocsins I have in my body, usually by day 2 I feel better, can't wait for tomorrow. Meanwhile drinking lot of water.

To be more exact its not pain but tiredness like when you run after a long time not running I don't know if I'm explaining myself well.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Madbird - day 7 and my abs are still missing.....sadly they must be in there hiding. Hahahahahahah!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 9 just got home from work and my 2nd meeting. I am feeling ok but staying sober is taking most of my energy during my free hours. Still haven't managed tp fix the chaos from my latest relapses. Should pick up exercise again, seems my ankle is healed yet still abit swollen 6 weeks after I sprained it on my way into the pavement. One day at a time...
Old 09-09-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Just ate a good lunch and confided to my best friend that I was trying to stop. She is great and said she would be happy to go to a meeting with me or do whatever I needed. I have not yet spoken to my husband as I don't want the judgement
Old 09-09-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kelle96 View Post
Just ate a good lunch and confided to my best friend that I was trying to stop. She is great and said she would be happy to go to a meeting with me or do whatever I needed. I have not yet spoken to my husband as I don't want the judgement
That's great Kelle it helps massively having someone to support you.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Keep it up @workaholic. I have found I feel ten times better exercising as a sober person. It feels amazing!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Madbird - day 7 and my abs are still missing.....sadly they must be in there hiding. Hahahahahahah!!!!
@Raider
lol, Mine are missing also. Long-gone buried somewhere deep in that wine/vodka/rum/whiskey/beer gut. I'm gonna try find them, though. Starting tonight!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

It's about this time...

that I start thinking about having one. I'm not going to, but the craving's there right now. Last night I went out to dinner with my 82 year old father and husband. They had their martinis and anisette, while I had two half tonic and half seltzer on the rocks with a twist.

I'm ready to have some with fresh squeezed lemons and limes tonight when my husband gets home. In fact, I think I may make one BEFORE he gets home so I'm "committed" with something in hand when he cracks open the vodka.

I really can't wait until I have some more time under my belt so I will have developed some new, healthier habits.

This is my last week working part-time, and my last Monday off, so I've been popping on and off here to read throughout the day. I even went to the gym for two days in a row (unusual for me haha). I'm going to try a yoga class tomorrow night and am going out to eat with a friend of mine on Wednesday who's always been very supportive of my attempts to stop drinking.

In a week and a half, my husband and I are going on a much needed weekend trip, away from the kids, the stresses of his now tenuous job, and daily hospital visits because his mom's finally out of the danger zone. I don't want to give in then when he relaxes with a drink, so I'm hoping the more time I spend here and the more I'm sober... the more resolve I'll have. You can BET I'll have all my favorite non-alcoholic drinks available!

Anyway... struggling a little bit right now and thought I'd put it in writing.

Stay strong, friends!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Lol madbird&raider!

@fifth how are you now hon??

@grindlow what time are you leaving tmro?

Hope everyone's had a good day/night....

Day 9 almost ending for me, double digits tmro yey!
L xx
Old 09-09-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yoctopus View Post
Keep it up @workaholic. I have found I feel ten times better exercising as a sober person. It feels amazing!
Same here. I'm hoping to finally get back in shape and enjoy all the additional benefits of getting those endorphins going!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey newleaf you are doing so well and being so strong in the face of someone drinking, sending you a hug and positive vibes, keep posting you can get thro xxx
Old 09-09-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Hope everyone's had a good day/night....

Day 9 almost ending for me, double digits tmro yey!
L xx
So incredibly happy for you Lorelei! You're a breath of fresh air here imho, and your posts are so uplifting.

Get a great night's sleep tonight and sweet dreams about another good tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Hey newleaf you are doing so well and being so strong in the face of someone drinking, sending you a hug and positive vibes, keep posting you can get thro xxx
See what I mean (see my last post)? You just made me smile.

Thanks! I AM trying so hard and am very hopeful.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Newleaf, im going to bed soon, but, im looking forward to getting up and reading youve battled thro cos I know you can xx
Old 09-09-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I can totally relate to the boredom issue - I think I have mostly drank in response to boredom for years. I obviously need some new habits/hobbies/friends.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Day 16, have to travel for work tomorrow and was invited to a happy hour tomorrow evening. Guess I will fake a headache and just have an iced tea. Hopefully that works!
Old 09-09-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Consider seeing a doctor if you feel really bad fifth? Pain is a signal there's something wrong...

I'm sorry things are rough Eliasson - but you know how to live without booze, cos you've done it for quite long stretches.

What you need to do is work out how to do that and be happy - it's not an easy job either but it's not impossible...you're part of the way there already just living sober

welcome back Kelle and Riky

stay strong NL

I think a lot of us find we're bored when we quit - I know my life was geared to drinking, but sitting on the couch watching daytime tv loses it's lustre when we're sober...

Think about what you like to do - hobbies interests - if you have the time volunteering was a great way for me to get out of the house and doing something meaningful

the worlds our oyster really

D