Notices

Class of September 2013

Old 09-02-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Morning from a very wet and windy Ireland. Just like alot of you guys I am a returning customer also. This is my third attempt to get sober in two years and I am hoping and praying that "third time lucky". I am seeing a counselor this past six months and have a lot of sober friends who are all rallying around for support.

Thursday evenings to Sunday evenings was my boozing evenings either in the house our out and about. I have now put in place some AA friends to call on those evenings to go for coffee or out to cinema, walking, crying what ever it will takes not to open that bottle of red. I have found once I opened up to my friends and family about my plan to quit the support is unbelievable and I don't feel embarrassed about talking about it anymore. I am sure that is all part of getting of the denial stage. Had a few deaths and very sad situation last year and drinking never helped in any of it. so here's to a better life and I am not foolish to think it is going be an easy rid but iam determined to do this now.
Need to fly best wishes to us all starting the road to recovery.

Did not find the Iam back thread.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Black

D
Old 09-02-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

It seems like a good day to join this group.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Jazzfish

D
Old 09-02-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Day 2 here and I feel pretty rotten. Have made it into work but keeping my head down as not feeling sociable at all.

Keep finding new bruises from Saturday night, fell quite spectacularly, and my body is just aching. And I'm feeling so ashamed about how drink I was at this wedding so quite emotional today. At the moment it feels easy not to drink ever again, I know this will change as soon as I feel better. Alcohol is evil!

Well done to all those that have stuck with it so far, keep strong, we can all do this.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I am in feeling exhausted and really disappointed in myself back to day 1 after drinking nearly every day for 3 weeks.

Why do I do this to myself
Old 09-02-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Know exactly how you feel tallia!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

We've all been there Talia. Welcome back. Look after yourself today.

This can be the last time
Old 09-02-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Talia and Ali, time to break the cycle then, for us all xx
Old 09-02-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates. We can do this!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I would like to join class of September! I am on day 2 today. I too love the fall and look forward to the "holiday" months ahead. Want to be sober for it all.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thanks

Feeling ashamed lying here because I was too hungover to go to work not the first time it's happened either feel awful letting them down and lying I got a flu bug

I do want to beat this but I know by the weekend I feel better and the cravings will start again.

Here's to making September our month xx
Old 09-02-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Welcome to the new people today. I am on my third official personal declaration to be sober, as opposed to "cutting down" or occasionally drinking. Yeah, those just don't work. This last choice to drink in moderation rapidly ramped up to near daily use. Wine in the evenings is my style.

Today, day 3 for me.

Ro-
Old 09-02-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning, hi everyone! Im going to read up a bit but actually try to unplug and 'do life' today. Making coffee and physically getting my body in the studio are the first things. Good luck to everyone today, talk to you later!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I am feeling rather calm this morning. But very tired. And I have a headache. I feel like a could sleep for a week. Probably because I have been fighting so hard for the last month. This is day 3 off the Vicodin for me. I don't, of course, know what the day is going to bring but right now I feel like I am getting over a bad case of the flu. Better. But very, very fragile. I hope I can at least have a few bouts of being able to be still today. My goal for the day is to hobble down to the mail box. It's about a half mile away. And wash my sweat-styled hair. I feel like I have been raving on and on here on this site.....but you've gotten me through, I mean it: I don't know what I would have done without you. I feel like hugging and kissing every one of you. There is a condition called PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) which I might (probably) have to contend with. But I don't want to think of that right now. All I feel right now is grateful I'm done with those evil pills. Opiates really do a number on you gastrointestinal system for one thing, (constipation, to be blunt) and I'm so amazingly relieved to have that gone! You have no idea! I hope all of you will think of me if you ever are inclined to pick up the pills instead of the bottle....you just go from bad to worse. Don't do it. I am clean! My God, I can hardly believe it.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

After a recent relapse I am ready to start again. Day 4 of sobriety. If anything I feel that my relapse made me realize that I cannot do this on my own. I need to look for support and ask for help. I have been using SR more the past few days, which seems to be helping. So many great people on this site! I am just going to take one day at a time on my path to recovery. Best of luck to all of you!!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! So inspiring to see everyone come in and join our group. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

I just threw out the box of wine I had here for "just in case." That's a big deal for me.

Definitely realizing what I've been using alcohol for. For anxiety, to ease social situations, and most of all lately, to just take a mental and emotional vacation from every day life. I've found it hard the last 6 days to be tuned in and not checked out to daily life 24/7. However this feels so much more honest and authentic. I realize my drinking was removing me mentally and emotionally from my own life and my own family.

Feels so good to wake up sober today.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Kys

Hi everyone, I love how active this class is already

Quick shout out to Pamel. Almost made day two but folded. Hope you're well. Need to dust myself off and pick myself up tomorrow.

Black, there something about when you said "wet and windy" that reminded of the elements. Not sure how pleasant it is outside there but I've found that in all seasons just making myself taking a walk (heavy coat and all in winter) lends so much to remembering there's a whole world out there, not just some regrettable inward hell I repeat.

All, thanks again for sharing, your post help me a lot and I hope I can support you too.

Let's pick each other up, hold fast and at least get a day or so down to let that clarity come back. It's a pretty irreplaceable feeling actually.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hey guys.

Been doing quite alot of my SMART recovery today, the main task being writing down the advantages/disadvantages of drinking and then doing the same for not drinking. It makes for an interesting read. You label each 'point' as a short or long term pro/con. It felt quite nice to get it all down and puts into perspective how little I get from drinking and the massive disadvantages that result when I do drink. The meeting was good too, i'm liking it ALOT more than AA, that just doesn't sit with me, but whatever solution works for each person is fantastic!

I've now got that mind map on my wall at all times and plan to read it every morning, hopefully filling in new ones as sobriety hopefully increases!

Welcome to the group joyousone

Speak later everyone, hang on in there, we can do this.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Kys

Nice post to see before I fall to sleep Grindilow, I'm about to doze off.

See you tomorrow everyone.