Notices

Class of September 2013

Old 09-01-2013, 02:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Kys

I'm joining too.

Been in a few classes and still sticking to my tremendous August class also but I've been at my most successful when I've immersed myself on these forums!

I've had a few day ones, and today is a new one, will head to bed soon. Start of spring where I'm from also, and for someone reason I'm reminded of how nice the natural sleep is once I'm back to normal sleeping patterns

Best to all of you.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Kys, it is nice to see you. The more sober support, the better!
Old 09-01-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

September 1st it is. Maybe this will be the magical day...
Old 09-01-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Kys

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
Hi Kys, it is nice to see you. The more sober support, the better!
Thanks EternalQ
Old 09-01-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Kys

Good to see you Pamel
Old 09-01-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm back, too.
Had about 7 months and have spent the last month drinking again.
Time to try again...SR was a major part of getting through the early days last time- in fact, I think it was when I stopped checking up on SR that was the start of the relapse.

Best wishes and strength to all!
Old 09-01-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back to you too hiho.

D
Old 09-01-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi EQ, and thanks! Oops, alcohol is already renting space in my head. On a day 2 here, and the holiday weekend and hubby's indulgences are so tempting. But when I wake feeling good in the morning, and see how he will sleep it away, I feel better. From sober eyes and mind, i see hoe detached he is when drinking, and how much the evening is really all about the beer, not the movie, not the conversation. In fact, he gets annoying to talk to after a few.

I am sure it is a look in the mirror, and that is sobering. It helps me as much as it also makes me want to break down. The AV is strong right now. Like a Jekyll and Hyde.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm back too. Tried the moderation thing again but in August I rarely had a day without drinking so it had escalated once again.

Yesterday I got stupidly drunk at a wedding. Seemed fun at the time but i just took it too far. Was so embarrassed facing everyone this morning and I feel SO ill.

Anyway, here's to a sober September. Good luck to you all!
Old 09-01-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
September 1st it is. Maybe this will be the magical day...
Good day Pamel, lets not continue to deal in the words hope, maybe, could be etc. Those words always leave the door open for an out. How about this "will" be the day and I'm taking responsibility to make it that way by not drinking. There's so much power in words..so use them for your advantage not your detriment. Have a great day.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

How did it work for me? I saw the folks who had months and months of sobriety, I read how they got clean and sober, and I applied those techniques to my own recovery. I had to follow what worked for them because doing it my way wasn’t working. So, as someone who has finally gotten clean and sober after 35 years of drinking and drugging, I want to tell you what I think is the most important component of a successful recovery—faith.

To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see.

That’s a scriptural verse, Hebrews 11:1-2, but I am not quoting it for the spiritual aspect. This statement has a powerful recovery message. Sobriety is something we hope for. We hope for a solution, we hope to be freed from the chains of addiction and alcoholism. Yet it must seem almost impossible when we first quit. We want to be sober at the same time that we can’t even see ourselves sober. We are so uncertain about that which we hope for. The answer is faith.

The proof is here on SR. There are so many folks who are sober, who have led the way through the uncertainty you now face. It has been done by others. It has been done by me.

Of this, be certain: If you strive daily to remain sober and to work on your recovery, if you get up when you fall—every time you fall, no matter how many times you fail, you can succeed.

Faith
To DoggoneCarl - This post is so powerful and needed, so well put my friend. I thank you for it and I applaud your 3 years of sobriety. They say all we need if the faith of a mustard seed...And I definitely believe that "success leaves clues...seek them out"
Old 09-01-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday to our class! Hope you all are holding strong and feeling peaceful.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Will be hoping tomorrow. im stuborn but looks like stuborn means nothing. so hi to all is starting sept.

see u tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'd like to join this class also. I am on day 14 and I have done it pretty much alone so far. I think I need support to keep going. My plans today are to go up to the cottage with my Dad and younger brother. in the past this has always been an excuse for me to get loaded...
My plan is to stay sober for today, there are many non-alcoholic beverage options up there and I might treat myself to some yummy food instead. I need to keep a positive attitude and stay strong. I would like to spend this entire month sober.
Thanks for reading!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kys View Post
I'm joining too.

Been in a few classes and still sticking to my tremendous August class also but I've been at my most successful when I've immersed myself on these forums!

I've had a few day ones, and today is a new one, will head to bed soon. Start of spring where I'm from also, and for someone reason I'm reminded of how nice the natural sleep is once I'm back to normal sleeping patterns

Best to all of you.
((((((((kys))))))))

Let's head (one day at a time) for a month??
Old 09-01-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Anyone else on Day 1 _ Sept. 1: (please copy and add your name to this list).

Pamel
Old 09-01-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

So I woke up in the ER on Thursday afternoon with a drip in my arm and wired up to several machines. I guess I had a blackout and someone phoned the ambulance to come and get me. They let me out the next day. It really really scared me and I need to have another go at this and make it work this time.

I'm on day 4 now, so i'm joining this class. I have pictures on my phone of the state I was in in the ER, all the IV fluids and marks all over my arms where they'd taken blood constantly in the hope of when my AV inevitably decides it would be a good time to have that drink. I'm still a bit shaken up to be honest. I'm going to use SR, CBT an AVRT because I have to do anything to stay sober. I used to do anything to get a drink, now it has to be the opposite.

That night in that ward is something I will never ever forget. Hopefully it will scare me straight for good. One of the guys in there was so nice to me, he only had 1 leg and was in unbearable pain with his stomach, some of the others were seriously ill and I was there simply because I'd been stupid and thought I could moderate again.

Sorry for the depressing intro! I am feeling much better now, the withdrawal is over and i'm pretty much normal again. We can do this class.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi everybody, I'm joining class of September too. I've never been in a monthly thread but I slipped the other day and feel like I'm starting again. September's always been a powerful time for me, but I experience strong cravings during autumn as well. I've been doing this for just over two months (trying sobriety that is) and largely I love it. But I really depend on these forums, it helps a lot.
Grindilow, wow. That's a really impactful moment you just described. I'm happy you decided to seek help. Good luck and congrats
Old 09-01-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting, and I would like to join the Sept 2013 club. I have just realized that I am a HFA and its like I am finally seeing my life and my actions for the first time. It's strange and sad but also, a huge relief.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm here too. Feeling like crap after drinking way too much last night and over the past, well, decade or so.

I am ready to open my mind and listen to how others got sober for good. SR has so many people who have done this and have such good advice. I really cannot continue to drink like this and manage my life. I feel so sick and tired of it all and I need to start reaching out for help. This forum is a great place to start.

I am scared to death of the withdrawal symptoms that are headed my way over this next week - a few weeks ago I quit for two days and felt so physically and mentally awful that I started up again.

I don't even like drinking anymore - I like the idea of all that drinking promises me - but that idea is just an unrealistic fabrication of my mind. Drinking sucks. It no longer brings me any pleasure, only pain. I think I had to get to this point to really commit to sobriety.

Trident