Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 5

Old 09-17-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Marcher

Bebetter, the best thing you did was to identify that trigger, then kick its butt!

Any time I have to be around my in laws... I want a whole freaking bottle of pills, and a bottle of wine. And holidays means freaking family. All I want for Christmas is a ticket away from here!!!!!!
And that ends today's rant.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Evening ladies... Jello made, and all set for my clear liquid prep tomorrow. Short day tomorrow for work...prep starts at 3pm, and I informed my boss it would be in her best interest (as well as anybody else that works on my floor) if I was at home when I took the 4 laxatives:-)

Thanks so much everyone for thinking of me...it means so much!

Glad I didn't think about drinking tho...I am getting better at handling health related stress, so feel good about that.

Ah Christmas...that will be tough for sure. Will miss sitting by the Christmas tree and sipping a glass of wine listening to Christmas music.

Things I WON'T miss:
1. being broke (because I spend all my money on booze) and trying to figure out how to afford the presents for my daughter.
2. Trying to focus as i try to place 5 freaking thousand stickers onto toys at 1:00 AM.
3. Having the cold shaky sweats in the morning as I try to muster up Excitement for my daughter on Christmas morning, but ultimately grabbing a drink when the dry heaves got started.
4.stashing a bottle somewhere my guests wouldn't find in case they were drinking all my wine...GOD forbid I be left with not enough on Christmas night when no stores were open!!

Hmmm....guess there is more I won't miss than things I will miss!!...pretty amazing:-)
Old 09-17-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Marcher

Dolly, that list is genius! I should make one too. Christmas morning, I would try to muster happiness until the pill(s) kicked in, about 30 min. Then, well, I don't remember much more. Until about noon, when I had to dose up. Pathetic really. then, shaky and sweaty getting dressed for dinner. More pills. Think of the Aleve commercial, replace all those pills with percocets. That was me. A shell of me. No, I don't miss that at all.

Tomorrow is going to be soooo much fun for you! And the actual test, no big deal. They are going to sedate you, yes? You won't remember a thing. And you will have such a clean colon, so what more could a girl ask for??? Try to keep a sense of humour I say. We'll all be thinking pleasantly about you! Big hug!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Morning mums - just having a scoot on the news and found this ;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ld-turkey.html

Just goes to show you! Oh and I've lost another 2lbs and now on 10stone on the dot - I sooooo desperately want to see 9 stone something now - also need to work on my tummy - eugh! It's just so damn wobbly

Anyways - am having a lazy morning in bed with my boys - nice way to start the day - there's also a news clip about binge drinking - Jeeze, seeing drunk people is just so ugly! Yak!

Catch you all later anyways xxxxxx

P.s I agree with you joygirl - Christmas is going to be a total be-atch!!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:18 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Well here's what I've made this morning and blue-tacked down as I have the most destructive 3 yr old ever school later today - wooohooo xxxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-3798433289.jpg (55.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Marcher

Oh my gosh, Thomas the tank engine!! My oldest son (now 19) looooved that! We have tons of trains and tracks and a table too! All in boxes in the attic or garage. I would seriously send it to you, Sarah if it didn't look like you already have it all! Oh, that brings back such good memories. OMG. Thank you for posting that!

Dolly, Today is here! We are here! You can do this!

So, this is exciting news for me. I am going to have a spa getaway at a friends' house in Florida! Well, at the spa she works at, and I'll stay at her house. Its a day spa, which means I am going to be pampered head to toe, exfoliated, waxed, massaged, and facials and skin treatments. I haven't made all the detailed plans, but this is enough to give me such a mood boost. And, she doesn't have kids! So it will be quiet and peaceful and crazy relaxing. The only caveat: She drinks. But she knows about my recovery so she's assured me she'll keep it alcohol free, drug free. So, so happy. You guys KNOW how I need to get away, so I'm getting!

Have a great day, all of you lovely ladies!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Marcher

Sarah, a stone = 14 American pounds, I believe. So, wow! You are doing great!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Awww Joygirl - that sounds just amazing!! I am soooo jealous! You will have a fab time and good for you - you totally deserve it

My littleun loves Thomas - I am a total sucker for Xmas and today I have booked for us all to go on a steam train to see Santa - seriously, he will love just going on the train - Santa will finish him off

Anyways I'm sat back outside the school waiting to pick him up - I was so into VD's that it was lucky I'd set my alarm to remind me to get him - am I the only one that has alarms for everything? Even for picking up my own child from school

Anyways - best dash - dolly I hope your ok xxxxxxxx
Old 09-18-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I always forget you guys work in lbs joygirl, with both kids I gained 4stone (nightmare) anyways - I have now lost 3 1/2 stone so literally have 7lbs to go - I've defo tried harder to shift it quicker this time - just need to sort the tummy out

Oh here's my boy - yay xxxxxxx
Old 09-18-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Wow...Sarah, that train set up is awesome!! Love it:-)

Joygirl...a weekend at a spa sounds heavenly! Enjoy getting fluffed and buffed:-) I'm sure you will be radiant by the end of it. That reminds me...I need to schedule an eyebrow wax...getting perilously close to looking like Bert on Sesame Street:-)

So hungry right now...Jello is just not cutting it, and the laminate desk top is looking mighty tasty:-)
Old 09-18-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi Moms,

Enjoying another gorgeous fall day here. Drinking a iced pumpkin coffee, yum!

JustSarah, I was wondering what a stone was as well Congrats on the weight loss! I am finally below my pre-pregnancy weight, thanks to no alcohol. I had 10 lbs to go for the longest time, but none of it would fall off, until I stopped drinking. Go figure

Joygirl, SOOO jealous That sounds like just what you need and you certainly deserve it so go enjoy!!

BeBetter, I have a couple of quick cravings hit me as well over the last couple of days and you are right - it IS this cool fall weather! I can't remember the last Halloween where I didn't drink & trick or treat? I can't even think about Thanksgiving or Christmas. Both are big drinking holidays for my family and we always host Thanksgiving. I told my hubby the other day I may not be up for it this year. Too much temptation and triggers. Dolly, I like your list of pro and cons I think I am going to do the same.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Awww good for you Ladybug! That's fantastic - it makes you feel good when those pregnancy pounds drop, my not drinking has defo speeded up the process this time round. I know I have the odd moan on here and to my hubby about just wanting some wine but honestly my life is better off without it - I just need to remind myself that on the bad days when I'm being a bratt

Oh Dolly - the train set was his bday prezzie - we saw it in a toy shop and just had to get it - it's really lovely and he plays with it all the time (gives me some peace in any case) good luck with the op - hope your desk survived the day

I'm shattered today so going for an early night - the change in weather / cold symptoms are catching up with me - have taken some herbal nytol the last couple of nights and had some really strange dreams so think I'll chance my luck with natural sleep tonight - have felt like I've done 10 rounds with Tyson by the time I've woken up

Any-who - happy Wednesday all - the weekend is getting closer - woohoo xxxx
Old 09-18-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi moms...

Checking in...

Ladybug...congrats on losing that weight..you should be proud.

Well the prep is done for my colonoscopy tomorrow, and I think the worst is over. It was horrible to say the least and I wound up almost passing out, and making quite a mess.

To think some people use this method as a means to stay thin...no way, I would rather be fat!!!

Well, hoping for a goodnight sleep.

Talk later ladies!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Oh Dolly - it'll all be over soon and you can just forget about the nasty experience - bit like childbirth (yak)

So I woke up in a right grump - 3 yr old had nightmares again last night and screamed the place down at 12 and 2 - then woke up at 7am wanting to start the day - I had mad hair and crazy eyes so hid under the duvet for half an hour whilst hubby sorted the kids out - I'm fine now but some mornings I just want a day off being 'mummy? Mummy? Mummy?'. Anyways the 3 yr old is now back from school and eating, the baby's been fed and I'm just catching my breath for 5. The weathers pretty abysmal today so think we're going to be couch spuds for the avo

Hope everyone's doing well and catch you all later xxxxxx
Old 09-19-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Aww, Dolly, so sorry Hope things go well today. It will be over before you know it. Let us know how you are doing.

JustSarah, my 3 yr old has started with nightmares too, ugh. Then she will want to get up at the crack of dawn so I know how you feel. She is fighting me on school this morning, saying " I just went (yesterday), I don't want to go AGAIN!" She goes 3 days a week and the program is Mon, Wed & Thurs (I know, weird it's not Friday). We could have chosen the 2 day option (tues & thurs), but I thought it would be good for her. Now I am wondering if it is too much? We'll see, think she just needs to get used to it. It is only 2 1/2 hrs a day.

Anyway, need to go drop her off. Will check back later. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi Ladies, mind if I join in? I am a mom of 4 and would love to have some fellow moms to chat with. I am newly sober and haven't told any of my friends since we haven't gone out in a bit and there hasn't been a natural time to bring it up. Anyway, hope you all have a terrific day! I no longer have a kiddo with night terrors, but we did have a thunderstorm that woke everyone up at 5 a.m. this morning. Might be a napping kind of day here in Wisconsin!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi ladybug - the nightmares are draining - he just wails and you can't snap him out if it - it's about a 30 min performance every time it happens and it's tiring . Once we had a week of it - just not good - I need my sleep . My 3 yr old was fighting me in school last week too - I did think of stopping it but then thought that he needs to get used to it as its not going to go away - next year will be real school. I hope she finds her feet soon for you

Hi GG, hello and welcome - there's always someone here to help support - I joined in June and this group of mums has helped me through some really dark moments - I'm now coming up to the 9 week mark feeling stronger every day - I haven't told anyone outside if this thread either - my hubby knows how desperate it got but I've managed to keep my drink problem a secret so this is where I come to offload and it helps so much to know you're not alone

It's peeing it down here in the UK too eugh - winter sucks xxxxxxx
Old 09-19-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi moms...

It's over, and all is normal in the old colon:-)...just some pesky hemorrhoids. Can't wait to eat when I get home!!!

Just in the hospital waiting room waiting for hubby to pick me up. I asked him to bring me coffee....oh Dunkin Donuts, I desperately need you:-)

Sarah and Lady...the nightmares must be tough. For the first 12 years of our marriage he had night terrors which were awful...he never grew out of them. He is now on a medication that stopped them, so it's been great!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Sorry...meant to say hubby had night terrors.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Yaaay dolly!! It's over! You must be so relieved omg Dunkin Donuts are amazing! I could honestly murder one of their custard ones right now - oooh or a cinnamon one .

Awww that's awful about the night terrors, I didn't know there was medication to help - defo good to know .

Well my hubbs is stuck in traffic - an overturned car on the motorway, so have bathed the kids and put them to bed and turned up MTV to chill out for 5. I love that peace once they're in bed - it's quite relieving

Anyways - have a fab night all - you should defo treat yourself Dolly - maybe a nice big steak n chips?! xxxxxx